/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 11926479_p0.jpg (700x990, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_560728.html?wid=1433363
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can only afford $1 earphones.
I can't feel my ears when I am charging my phone.
pls help

Attached: 7BCBCBEE-920D-43A0-BBD6-0C408EED52C3.jpg (2533x3968, 1.92M)

Attached: 1626157460135.png (1280x1440, 1.58M)

So many sex Bottlehead cracks.

Attached: jzwQhXG.jpg (4000x2992, 2.74M)

Attached: hpg.png (1454x869, 162K)

Why do you guys waste your time talking about HD600 and 650 when the HD660S is out? Makes no sense, the old models are inferior.

the 660S is in a completely different price bracket, it might be better than cheaper headphones but it's not better than the headphones around that price level

Attached: 1526500568926.png (1330x1898, 64K)

They're only $500 though.

No one buys stax. They're fragile, over priced, need special amp, hard to buy because you have to import. Shitguide.
Also hd6x0 is a bad suggestion for anyone who listens to music with lots of subbass.

I actually own 660s. They are very good but even I think they're overpriced. $400-$450 would be a good price for these imo.

>budget
>80 bux

Attached: 1526591997010.png (1330x2392, 1.27M)

if you can't even afford $100 for headphones then you need to get your life in order before shopping for cans. Yes $100 or less is budget tier.

Everyone will eventually buy stax. They're robust, modular, fairly priced new, and an absolute bargain used, and made in Japan.

Also, did I mention they sound fucking amazing?

660S + $100 amp = $600

stax SRS-3100 = $600

the comparison isn't exact but the fact is once you get to that price level you are competing with high end audio like stax. maybe you don't like stax, but it's not a clear win. the hd600 has no competition with that level of audio equipment.

>the noise floor is probably too high, headphone jack is likely high impedance and hooked up to a cheap resistor.
can someone explain please. i'm retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-173009.png (1080x1920, 558K)

>woo audio overpriced
what are you trying to say, exactly?

They're also sold out. Seems everyone is buying STAX these days.

That's staxaudio.com, I thought they were $600?
Seems they're $800(not including special amp) and not available

staxaudio.com is run by woo audio, it's not stax

Bottle Head Crack

The cheapest I see anywhere is $700 imported from Japan, doesn't come with amp, slow as all fuck shipping.
Also doubt they're better than even the hd600 never mind hd660s(or used hd800 which is what you should get for the $700)

>Also doubt they're better than even the hd600 never mind hd660s(or used hd800 which is what you should get for the $700)
your level of ignorance is quite staggering

The $700 ones do come with amp. $3-400 is usually for the headphones alone.

>tfw your bottlehead crack gets delayed because you shilled them too much.
With you stax bois be nice. Stop sniffing your farts.

Attached: 1503984330146.png (692x485, 221K)

>With you stax bois be nice.
Are you okay?

Yea. It's a typo. With will.

Why is the Bottlehead crack sennheiser combo popular? Can I have a run down?

There's this myth of "infinite scaling xD" and "amp picky" headphones. Pay no mind.

It just sounds good. Many people think it sounds good so they tell others it sounds good and it becomes popular.
I'm of the opinion you're better off putting the money into a good simple dac and solid state amp and putting the rest of your money into headphones.

Got no help in the last thread:

Anonymous 05/17/18(Thu)14:23:59 No.65977304▶

gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_560728.html?wid=1433363

These any good if you plan on using them for cycling/working out and mainly listen to EDM while doing so?

Will also take other reccs for bluetooth earphones that have decent bass.

Stax

To be honest I would buy STAX but you shills put me off. Why are you the way you are?

Attached: 182777277272.jpg (500x483, 33K)

the Topping D30. Don't buy this. I'm not sure if there is even an manufacturer website for this Topping outfit. Most crucially, it sounds like shit. Among all of the DACs here, the Topping D30 is the worst sounding, by a significant margin. It's flat and boring. The stage is close, but not only close, there is no depth to the stage. The timbre or overtones are weird, as if there aren't any or greatly muted. Resolution is poor, microdynamics are poor, macrodynamics are poor, extension at the extremes is poor, everything is sucky.

Attached: gfavoritedac.png (924x756, 116K)

Ask /csg/.
If you want BT, get a KZ bluetooth cable and a pair of KZ ZS10s. It's a bit more expensive but I think it's worth it.

Why does seeing people happy with their headphones put you off so much? What's the deal here user?

Energizer

Makes sense
Gonna sell my schiit stack for a NFB 11.28. build the bottlehead crack I got on sale see if I like it if not sell it.

They are really salty.

Your fart sniffing slimy kikes. One of you need to start using MPV and the other need to fix his shitty walls. I am faster smarter and more sexy then you. I could properly win you both in a fist fight. I also have 10ft vertical jump and I can lick my elbow.

Attached: yCoPTKV.png (383x641, 74K)

Imagine having so much anger in your heart...over someone enjoying a pair of headphones! How can we help you become a better person user?

Bottle Stax

What is an actually decent SS stand-alone amp for less than $200? Something that can drive any non-summit headphones, no chink bullshit, no memes, and no Schiilposts.

O2.

Schiit magni 3

Liquid spark

Stax Head

so at this point you're trying to pretend that your posts have always been ironically bad so it's not like you've just been sincerely making horrible posts all this time

Can my PC run a bottle head crack.

Attached: Capture.jpg (2560x1440, 503K)

I wish I could strangle your thin neck with my own hands

What fucking headset also works on PS4?
I want an all-in-one device that just works on all my dozens of devices but it's consistently my PS4 that either makes my mic sound like a can of angry bees in chat or it's shit like one cup not working.
Even official PS4 headsets literally are broken out of the box. I must have tried 7 headsets so far.
I'm willing to split audio and microphone into multiple devices if I know it will work but I'm sure this low quality children's toy would still have problems with that.

speedball

headsets are garbage, there are no good headsets in existence you should use headphones and a secondary mic

Poorfag: E10K
Endgame: O2
Poorfag endgame: O2 DIY

>pretend
My nek is the circumference of a old oak tree.

Attached: 1456436054519.jpg (625x533, 75K)

this but stax + kannon for end game
also this
you will eventually reach stax it's just a question of how many hops it takes you to get there. I call this the stax quotient.
>the other need to fix his shitty walls
kek you're actually louder than I am, you gotta relax before you pop a vessel

Attached: IMG_20180517_151141_DRO.jpg (5312x2988, 3.8M)

>Blocks your path

Attached: hx-features-headset-cloud-black.jpg (416x416, 28K)

The funniest thing is, he thought I was an MPC user because I save original filenames from /a/. Real smart dude. Wrong on all counts.

I want a closed back portable.
Come on man that wallpaper was popularized by a osx86 running tranny. I implore you to use something else, especially if you're going to post it.

Anyone here own ATH-W1100IS? If so how are they? They're $120 on Amazon and I'm planning on buying them.

You still talking about me. You should fix them wall tho m8.

Attached: mlzvu4j04wfz.jpg (720x718, 22K)

Audeze SINE

I need help, i want to build an adapter to use the speaker outputs of my emotiva a100 to feed a balanced xlr output (the way the adapter for the he-6 worked), is there any guide or tutorial on how to build this?
As far as i understand it i should just connect the 5way binding posts to the xlr out, is there anything else i should know?

>Wrong on all counts.
he thinks i'm a twink it's hilarious
>wall
you're really hurting my fee fees argon-san

I forgot about those yeah. I heard they're really good, only good closed back planar ever.
I was thinking maybe the new 1more overear.

is floor user the guy posting pepes and flaming all the time or are they two different people, I haven't been to this general for a bit

It's my wallpaper now. No idea about tranny. Not gay m8

Attached: 1526383028508.png (348x355, 154K)

it's a newfag who doesn't know any of the regulars so he's lost in space trying to figure it out but keeps getting it wrong, and he's too far deep into his shitposting that he has no choice but to become an ironic parody of himself

No, the frogposter is argon user, the dude who posts the /v/ meme with the argons every thread.

>hurting my fee fees
I did't know you had any feelings!

Attached: Ouch.jpg (500x500, 37K)

ugh. Yeah some tranny who runs osx86 posts screenshots with it all the time. Uses like a 2500k and 780ti or something. I associate it strongly with that person.

I just ordered them, I'll post impressions when they arrive

oh that makes a lot of sense

I am a little bit of everyone. But better

Attached: Argons.jpg (1500x1125, 142K)

yea it seems like hes 15 years old or something /v/ makes sense

I do good /hpg/?

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

Stop fishing for my age. Not gonna hook up with you.

Attached: Sennheiser_Logo.png (220x220, 4K)

There's no need to fish, it's abundantly obvious you're underage.

>takstar pro 82
>shp9500
>m40 (not m50x)
>l300/700 but not omegas
this image is actually incredibly ironic because we hate zeos but I guess we've come full circle and he was right all along.

oh well, what can you do

Attached: 1448242090545.jpg (720x720, 167K)

You don't know shit about me. That's what makes you angry. I know... I know. You wanna be more like your hero. I get it... I do. But there is limits.

Attached: 1526202474384.jpg (500x500, 50K)

>we hate
Who is we? Got a mouse in your purse? I have always been in love with Z.

Attached: sssds1.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Not as good as I did

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 6.47.14 PM.png (1302x834, 105K)

we as in /hpg/ I don't hate zeos

Hope you love it user.

Attached: 1526442552631.jpg (408x314, 74K)

There are very few headphones with a good price/quality ratio, most people will agree on those being good purchases
Only shills and fanboys would disagree with those recommendations

It doesn't matter if you're 40 or something, you act like a 14 year old so that's how everyone's treating you.

yeah, but he started all of those memes or atleast snowballed them. hd600, m40x, takstar pro 82, stax, shp9500

Okay. Finished trying to profile me? Good.

Attached: TXm5TEk.gif (499x499, 44K)

Garbage thread is garbage

I feel like this is only because Zeos gives rave reviews to almost everything. A broken clock is right twice a day.

He memes other stuff that hasn't taken off, like the ws1100i, rbh-hp2, lcd-2c, and 660s.

I agree but I think he just spiraled downward after his stax videos and became too invested in being the hype machine. He didn't hype literally everything before them.

I love it/ Lot of autistic kids to piss out and people helping me find bottlehead parts. But I can see why you would't like it.

Attached: nFC5vwO.jpg (200x200, 8K)

How can a closed headphone have a bigger sound stage then any closed headphone?

Attached: Side_off_stand.jpg (1500x1125, 95K)

Holy fucking shit.
I would love to have a pair of t1/t1p but, with all due respect, you are out of your fucking mind buying a $3.5k ipod.

Is that just a t50rp?
I like planars, have a he500 and lcd2, but haven't tried a t50 yet.

Speedball

because marketing and audiophools
first they buy meme h6x0 and realise they sound dull
then instead of buying another headphones they read some shit forums where they are told that hd6x0 SCALES and that they need a better amp
so they try to find an amp and bottlehead shills tell them that bottlehead is the best amp
after buying tube meme they hear fucked up sound coming from their headphones and they think that this is SCALES and true audiophile experience