Why is your current project not in Go?

Why is your current project not in Go?

Attached: Go-aviator.sh.png (600x600, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nim-lang.org/
hntrends.com/2018/apr-golang-jumps-into-top-10.html?compare1=javascript&compare2=python&compare3=golang&compare4=ruby
github.com/c2lang/c2compiler
fodop.com/ar-1002
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's in Haskell.

Can't hate on that.

because I glued it with netcat, pipes and simple scripts

>"Computer? Who needs a computer when you can code on an 11" MacBook Air!"
- Rob Pike, creator of Golang

Attached: robert "pinky" pike.jpg (500x335, 19K)

Elixir is better for web applications and Haskell for batch processing shit.

Because I don't like my compiler telling me what to do

>The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
>– Rob Pike

I like the language but GC is just wrong in a systems language. Put it in the standard library for destroying large, dynamic graphs. Go already does escape analysis for heap allocation; I wish they would use that to implement a Go-ified borrow checker (no lifetime variables?).

One word: Garbage Collection

because Nim exists
nim-lang.org/

Because your logo is stupid.

Terrible performance

because most of the actual lib "ports" are just C programs so instead of mixing langauges and potentially breaking everything because of the
>muuuuuu so simple to do concurrent taks
meme, i just write them down in the actual C program

Rob Pike is legendary

learn concurrency

>has literally full access to how GC is implemented and can make changes if desired
>moans about something he heard somewhere and doesn't fully understands

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Go is still dog shit, but you are right about this garbage meme friendo

Based

A legendary faggot. Like you.

Attached: dead_nigger_storage.jpg (940x627, 188K)

Why does he look like a Swedish trance DJ and not a programmer

Because python does fucking everything, and if not python, then javascript does it.
When I need retarded levels of retarded, I just use C/C++ like a fucking man.

OH WAIT LET ME GUESS, you work for Googlel and need to help fulfill some sales quota of paralLel computing services quota for the month...fucking kill yourself.

Attached: hurr.png (445x431, 6K)

TFW golang is the third most popular language on HN's hiring trends currently
hntrends.com/2018/apr-golang-jumps-into-top-10.html?compare1=javascript&compare2=python&compare3=golang&compare4=ruby

>hacker '"''''news''''''

Attached: iota.gif (800x600, 274K)

kek'd at the IOTA
but seriously HN isn't associated with any of these things

That's the old logo.

Attached: gologos.jpg (1600x878, 48K)

Because he went to work for SJW central.

kek

lol no generics,

why not use a real language like java folks and save your companys future instead of creating bug ridden impossible to fully ACID microservice piles of crap?? why?! is it job stability?

Because it's in C++

does anyone have the go logo with the small brain / brainlet? kinda like pic related with brainlet brain , it was posted here sometime ago but I didn't save it

Attached: golang.sh.png (650x650, 29K)

Because it's in C

Uhh I am not a retard.

> tfw he looks like the go gopher

Because it's in Assembly

I don't like Go, the language. The libraries and runtime system seem pretty good but there are other, more established alternatives.

Because writing software in Go doesn't seem like a good way to learn Fortran

Because it's in binary

Because it's in Rust.

Because it's in QBasic

I've been watching some of his presentations and am quickly starting to agree.

is the go gopher a faggot? ur insulting gophers everywhere.

Go adds nothing new and takes too much away a useless language.

Because it's in Java.

If I want a job should I learn Go

No, that's the old logo.

Attached: glenda.jpg (1376x1492, 164K)

Because there is only an assembler and a C compiler for our CU

For some uses Go only has buggy libraries. I was honestly surprised when I couldn't find a single Markdown parser written in native Go that didn't have some major problem or limitation.

Guys, what if we made a type system that fails to catch most error but still gets in the way?

I have to work with this shit everyday and it's making me want to shoot myself

>system is working fine one day
>come on next day
>nothing changed since last day
>try and start it up
>error can't find file in path
>check the directory where it's looking q
>file is there
>named correctly
>path is right in the code

Attached: Ramiel_screams.gif (500x281, 1.08M)

>no generics
>if err != nil return nil, err
and the worst part
>retarded gophers actually defending this instead of fixing the language
no thanks

But it is.
I'm currently writing my own blog software from scratch in go

Concurrency is does not fix slow performance.

Because I'm not a good goy for Jewgle.

because Jow Forums likes to shill for useless tech

It is already, and I wouldn't change a thing

>Golang is for no lifers

Prove me wrong

Honestly you just sound like a bad developer

I've worked on dozens of Golang projects and never encountered anything like this.

>if err != nil return nil, err
There really is nothing wrong with this though

Because Go isn't fun.

Isn't it just a watered down c?

Yeah, it's like C and Python had a baby with none of the benefits of either language. Still it DOES have benefits like being incredibly portable and really quite lightweight for a GC'd lang. It's also got the benefit of not being Java and could theoretically compete strongly in the embedded-VM'd-lang market.

It's more c 2.0

no, that would be c2 github.com/c2lang/c2compiler

i already know C well. learning go seems like too much effort for nothing in return. i dont like go's error handling or syntax or GC or $GOPATH meme. the only redeeming factor is its concurrency, and that still isn't enough to persuade me to use it

I didn't develop the system I just have to use it.

Because rust is unironically a better language

Rust developers are by necessity better than Golang's pajeet communit but Rust is not yet a complete enough language to be anything. Hopefully both language help to eradicate the awful C menace.

>C menace
spotted the code monkey
C has some flaws but it's much cleaner than most garbage languages

Cleanliness is not a feature of a language, it's a feature of a programmer. C code is also very commonly unclean. It is a menace and anyone arguing for it is NSA backdoor buttbuddies.

"if err != nil" is by no means ever going to be clean, no matter who is programming it. and arguing that somehow C is responsible for producing backdoors and security holes is shortsighted; higher-level bugs do exist and at times they can turn out worse than buffer overflows

Yeah, that's not ideal for handling errors in a C style but there are other ways to go about it. If you're leading a swarm of untrained pajeets this stupid fucking replicable method lets them not fuck everything up instead. Golang is for pajeets, not humans. Nobody's arguing that it's the best.

>"if err != nil" is by no means ever going to be clean, no matter who is programming it.
It's funny because multiple return doesn't exist in C and C error handling idioms are even worse.

fair
im aching for a good language with option types

because im not 12

This. I actually found love for Golang that stems from my deep love of C. I wouldn't call it C 2.0 but it def feels similar.

>HN
Literally fucking kill yourself. Go back to that shitty fucking faggot Reddit site full of fucking faggot neckbeards

Attached: 1525283099428.jpg (1080x1053, 77K)

>reeeeeeeeeeee if you visit HN you're a redditor
>sent from my Thinkpad on Jow Forums

Slices are retarded.
Performs terrible and even the most normal actions like removing an item or filtering requires you to write a novel.

>Rust is not yet a complete enough language to be anything.
How so? What is incomplete about Rust?

Well it makes FUCKHUEG binaries even stripped to the most possibly minimal. Non-nightly rust can't even use the system's memory allocator and is stuck using jemalloc so embedded is totally out. There were more things that are deep in the nightly unstableness that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Rust nightly is not Rust though, that's the important thing to take away from it. Nightly has a lot of concepts that are basically mandatory for any usable language in 2018 but Rust Stable doesn't have shit.

The site is Reddit, but with more censorship

are you serious? Have you spent any significant amount of time in the comments at all? They're largely lefty feminist SJWs interested in soi-tech startups, with the occasional libertarian here and there. Any even mildly "controversial" opinions get downvoted and grayed out to oblivion. They're like a dryer, less humorous version of reddit. Even r/programming isn't as much of a stuck-up echo chamber as HN.

>not handling errors with Either and Maybe functors

That's better, but also too complex for a language that's clearly aimed for brainlets (i.e the Java demographic).

Try writing async code without blowing your brains out.

tokio is fine for humans already.

Because my Lisp can implement the entirety of Go without being forced to write everything in it.

pic related, people who use Lisp

Attached: call of pussy.png (934x550, 839K)

>removing an item or filtering requires you to write a novel
>slice = append(slice[:i], slice[i+1:]...)
>a novel

the absolute state of Jow Forums

>too much effort
>learning go
fucking brainlet

fpbp

Attached: 1526250426220.png (1280x719, 769K)

What's Go?. No seriously. What is it and what is it useful for?.

Because vert.x is faster than go also lol no generics lol no machine learning lol no constraint solving engine

what's the point of haskell? I thought it was a meme language

>no machine learning
fake news, fodop.com/ar-1002

Because I don't have a "current project" to work on

>only basic shit
wowie blowie, why make it easy for myself when i can just write everything from scratch or with a simplistic library that doesnt even utilize the GPU

>no tech degree or job experience
>make up CV throwing in buzzwords, golang makes the cut
>get an interview for it, learn it in a day and a half
>fast forward 18 months still employed there, work is nice
>get praises and raises, making a lot of money for the business
>writing go still feels comfy every day, it's not perfect by any means but who the fuck cares

>t. pajeet, intended user of go language

because scheme exists