ITT: Old programs that you refuse to let go

ITT: Old programs that you refuse to let go.

Attached: llama.jpg (600x255, 42K)

basically this. I pretty much refuse to give up Winamp and XMMS under linux/*BSD

Attached: winamp.jpg (935x130, 31K)

Winrar
Daemon Tools Lite

Attached: windows7.jpg (425x410, 40K)

WinRAR and scmpoo.exe (though I had to get a recreation as it doesn’t run on 64-bit systems)

ResHack

Attached: slsk_657.png~c200.png (200x200, 5K)

photorec
nestcan
ghost32

Ubuntu.

This.

Soulseek is still active and being developed tho

Attached: Sc3jdVAlnCil6Swl.large.jpg (800x600, 128K)

There's no decent alternative, and it's still being developed.

Same goes for Winamp: getwacup.com

Yeah, except there is a decent alternative for it.

rundll32

Attached: 1452366151538.jpg (2000x1000, 141K)

yes

Attached: mc-panels.png (1019x704, 16K)

Attached: 220px-Tux.png (220x261, 39K)

This

Attached: 1439897463729.jpg (2134x1200, 104K)

Attached: uga.png (1366x768, 299K)

Midnight commander is the first thing I get after a fresh install, always.

Attached: Gaussview.jpg (793x444, 98K)

ClipX
mIRC
Foobar2000
Rocketdock
CCCP codec with Media Player Classic

Do people really use winrar when 7zip exists?

> audio
> still use winamp too
> Cool edit pro (2002) for audio editing

Attached: Cool edit pro 2.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

it may work great but the UI is kinda shit

Does old software that gets updated count?

If so, irfanview

Interface sucks ass

Attached: tc.jpg (680x517, 94K)

why would you ever use that when audacity is a thing

It's not for not trying. I just found audacity to be a bit clunky to use.

Attached: CEP 2.jpg (1366x768, 813K)

Attached: scr3bZqaD.gif (800x600, 140K)

Audacity's interface is hands down the worst when it comes to standalone audio editors.

I'd rather use Goldwave 2.x on Win3.11 than Audacity on any version of Windows today.

ManagePC it performs WMI queries that are otherwise a pain in the ass. The developer has long since stopped updating it. I've been keeping a backup of the installation executable online for a while.

Fully agree

Classic Shell

>Winrar
use 7-zip
>Daemon Tools Lite
use WinCDEmu (it doesn't have spyware/adware)

I miss Winamp 2. I'm too paranoid to use it because of the memory leak thing.

run it in a virtual machine

t h e a b s o l u t e S T A T E o f / g /

Nah, Audacity has one of the most functional no-bullshit interfaces of any recorder I've used, given the feature set. It's a swiss army knife and it's completely customizable at that. You can choose to show/hide whatever you like but even with everything showing I still find it quick to navigate.

Obviously it's down to personal taste and workflow preferences, but I've never found Audacity to be difficult to use or the interface getting in the way.

Attached: 1489775372_audacity_213.jpg (904x580, 214K)

FL Studio 11 for me, I don't like the interface of 12/20.

Attached: FLStu11FE-large.jpg (750x402, 72K)

Attached: 1200px-Tux.svg.png (1200x1414, 259K)

new version crashes on startup for me, still using the ancient version

Honestly, FL Studio took a bit for me to get used to, but I'll never get rid of it. It's become the tool I use on about 90% of the music I make.

I'm still using FL7 on my DAW machine and FL10 on my laptop.Main reason being that my audio interface is Firewire and my laptop doesn't have it and doesn't have a card slot to add it either.

soulseek ?
you serious ?

what are long cues, slow speeds, single seeders, and spergs that put stuff off limits ?

After using Goldwave for years I got my hands on SoundForge 4.5 (which I still have). I've never left SoundForge but I stopped upgrading with SF8. SF8 has that "just right" mix of functionality and ease of use.

Flash 8. I like to fuck with animation, this is still the gold standard for that shit.

Attached: macromedia-flash-professional-8.png (1280x770, 93K)

zune

why the fuck does cool adobe audition look like cool edit pro ?

*mind blown*

for me ultra fractal for cool visuals, caligari true space for simple modelling and i have been using paint shop pro for memes before the word was even invented IMHO

Because Audition is Cool Edit Pro, Adobe bought them out.

AHA ! so cool edit is still being developed

mirc (also darkengine plugin)
avidemux
alt.binz
quickpar
dvddecryptor
hashtab
openitg
does putty count?
and there's probably more I can't remember that don't get used often

I was always a fan of Scream Tracker 3's gold interface, but this is the superior program.

Even when the browser becomes unusable I'll continue to use Opera Mail as a standalone client.

Attached: Opera_12_logo.png (1471x1600, 241K)

If it's not broken, dont fix it

My nigga

Attached: A98FE33F-43EB-4F44-90A9-04E8E2087728.jpg (853x480, 38K)

You don't need any tools to mount ISOs in Win10, just right click + mount

Is daemon better than virtual clone drive?

Attached: 1475219624986.gif (270x180, 1.27M)

Why did they fucking REMOVE the feature to have multiple non-event layers in later versions, every few years they release some 80 dollar piece of shit that doesn't have this BASIC FUCKING FEATURE FROM 2005 REEEEE

Attached: Rpg_maker_xp_icon.png (256x256, 19K)

Hell yeah.

I think that's the one feature I used the most while it was still there. I hate that they took it out, as well as the notes sidebar. I have 12.16 installed on this very machine I'm typing on and used it for the longest. I still have a shitton of notes still in it.

>caligari true space for simple modelling

bro!

I still have my copy of TrueSpace 3. Had it since '99 and I used it for the same reason; simple modeling. I was using Macromedia Extreme 3D II before that.

I know that almost anything else is better, but I like it

Attached: zunepc_02[1].jpg (760x475, 115K)

> Depeche Mode
Found an emofag.

>tfw memories of downloading obscure shit from rutracker
>tfw I'd also watch subbed wakfu converted to shitty quality cause the zune hd didn't have much space for high quality episodes
I really fucking miss 2014

>ZuneHD
My man, Best UI I've ever used

...stuff you will not find anywhere else unless you give some $

Lel

sadly I have a very hard time transitioning to later Windows and Linux. they either don't have the things I need, or the UI is very clumsy.

slsk is the official software of /mu/

Attached: seamonkey_png.png (256x256, 39K)

did it died?

>7zip
>2016+2
>still using Russian software

Idk. But it's definitely slow to update and accept patches.

this

have had win10 ltsb ready on usb for months now, but i just don't want to go through rechecking all my torrents. there's no way to avoid it right?

soulseek is irreplaceable

Ah, I had that problem too. I'd report it on the forum (if I weren't so lazy), I used the version before

It's open source, retard.

>>/v/

you can use 2017 opera by buying a 2017 3310

>Opera Mini
It's a 2013 browser for a 2017 phone. I highly doubt Opera modernized Presto just for this

I doubt you know for sure that you have reason for doubt.

I have reason to doubt because the whole reason they dropped Presto in the first place was being a small company keeping its own browser engine up-to-date with the modern web. They're not going to fuck their browser by switching to a featureless Chrome clone to which they slowly re-add well established Presto Opera features only to go back to their now ageing browser and update it for some fringe cellphone.

The only feature I find missing from Winamp is sort by date instead of year for certain features so if an artist releases more than one album a year it will not sort properly. Again, most artists don't really have this problem but still. I find Winamp much more comfy than Foobar.

This one too.

/ss/ is the only place for some music. It's by no means obsolete.

There's nothing wrong with downloading a flac album at 5kbps. It still only takes a day at most.

share some music!

I still use RUT. What's wrong with it?

I for one welcome our new overlords.

This!

hello underageb&

winamp was always shit

sysvinit

I turn off auto updates on everything I have installed, and I only update when it's required to even launch the application. Firefox is on version 20.

Avoid what? Installing Win 10? Yeah, by simply not installing it.

this

because fu adobe

Attached: free-vector-macromedia-fireworks-mx_055890_macromedia-fireworks-mx.png (745x745, 22K)

>foobar2000
>K-Lite Codec Pack with Media Player Classic
>Alcohol 120%
>Audacity
>Soulseek
>DC++
>eMule
>MorGoTH's MP3Releaser
>iNFekt NFO Viewer
>DAMN NFO Viewer
>RekSFV
>Fraps
>mIRC
and few others

Anybody else still using this?

for the longest time I thought it came standard on windows because I had been using the same computer for over a decade.

Attached: 93e528f65d.jpg (598x598, 30K)

Do you really need 2 separate NFO viewers and 3 peer2peer programs?

Also,
>mIRC
Neck yourself.

>Do you really need 2 separate NFO viewers
Yes, because some .nfo files are not displayed properly by iNFekt while they are in DAMN
>and 3 peer2peer programs?
I find obscure p2p groups releases on all of them interchangeably, some stuff that users share on eMule you will not find on Soulseek or DC++ hubs, and vice versa
>mIRC >Neck yourself.
I need mIRC with OmenServe v2.60 for certain private warez scene servers and their xdcc bots, otherwise i would use HexChat