Hurr durr muh navigation

>hurr durr muh navigation
buy some paper maps
>buhhh buhh muh imessage snapshit facebook instacrap wahhhh
stop doing this. go outside. SMS is still an option with a dumbphone.
>uhrrr muh web browsen guhhhhhhhhurrrrr
you really do not need to do this away from home. get a fucking laptop if so.
>hnnnuuhghgh*snort* mflphuughhh ride-sharing
hail a fucking taxi you dweeb
>hhhhffniuugghhH!!!! muh MOOOOOSIC!!!!!
torrent your music like a fucking man and put it on a micro-SD. problem solved.

When are you going to ditch the smartphone and retake control of your own autonomy? Get a dumbphone, friend. Smartest decision you could make.

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 1.68M)

if that thing had wifi and ssh i would nut for it so fast

just because you are poor and only can afford a dumb phone doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't have one

get back to clogging up the roads with your horse and cart you backwards trout.

"Dumb phones" are every bit as compromised, every bit as trackable, every bit as awful for privacy.
Your entire premise is dumb.

OP here. ditched my iPhone 8+ two months ago and dusted off my old Blackberry. Best choice I've ever made. I'm just here to spread the gospel.

it's not even about privacy. it's about having a leech in your brain that sucks up all your dopamine.

If you're talking about the social media addiction issue then I concede that a dumb phone is in fact a better choice.
I don't use facebook, twitter, or anything else apart from email.

Then uninstall/disable the apps you don't need and turn off all notifications except for SMS and calling you fucking simpleton.

Your location is still tracked using a dumbphone, the only thing you're gaining is inconvenience.

You should feel bad about creating this thread.

what is the best full keyboard phone for emailing, music, and just basic tasks like that.. I would also prefer it to be secure and have wifi

the phone has a fucking facebook button right on the face of it for fuck's sake user

I'm using a Blackberry Passport. I love it so much I bought two extra ones to keep as backups in case I break mine in some freak accident. I legitimately never want to go back to android and touch screen text input.

>Get a dumbphone, friend.
>posts a smartphone

It seeps in through messaging apps, news notifications, apps that are designed to hold your attention for as long as possible without you noticing the time (YouTube, literally every mobile website, even streaming services), and the fact that iOS and Android both are tailored to encourage this type of predatory design. Tell me that you don't take out/check your phone whenever you're somewhat bored and no pressing matters or enjoyable activities come directly to mind. Every time you do this, you could have been doing something edifying or maybe just satisfying yourself with your fucking imagination.

I mean, it's a viable option, and I miss my physical keyboard. I like the added security. just its hard to find all the specs I need. I would at least like snap chat. id also like GPS/nav as well as a basic browser. But its not as easy as looking for something new.

I actually mostly use my phone for the calendar.
I schedule when I work out, put notes on it to remind me to pick up things from the store, etc. I don't use it for anything apart from email, texts, music, the calendar.

I'm guessing you were born before 1996?

I see a wifi symbol on the spacebar. And if it's a Java phone you can get an ssh midlet...

im so hard im about to cum....

will it work on sprint

1985 actually.
I've had plenty of pressure from work to use facebook messenger, whatsapp, skype, etc. I just refused all along the way. I stick to SMS and email or phonecalls for something really important.

>dumbphone
stopped reading right there

Based OP. I have a 3310 but this might be better - no WiFi or full keyboard on the 3310.

People born in the late 90's and early 2000's live in a completely different world. We're raised on shit that wires us up until we're so drained that we have no choice but to look away from the screen. Most kids born now will never realize it. It's not an addiction, considering how simple and satisfying it is to break, but it's a habit as hard-wired as the human sleep cycle. You're lucky to have been born before all of it.

I'm using a BB Curve 9350 at the moment, and it's a dream
>functional navigation
>dedicated media buttons
>32GB micro-SD capacity
>silky smooth trackpoint
>note-taking, email, reminders/calendar are all a breeze
It's not even a dumbphone, really. It's the perfect middle ground. There is one glaring downside though - I usually can't respond to messages when I'm in public, since using the physical keyboard typically gives me a massive erection.

I have never ever seen a OP that sucks as many dicks as this one, and I've been on /b/ which is in a logposting epidemic.

I like BBs too but need GSM bands

Nokia needs to make one with a full keyboard and email/exchange support but none of this instasham and fakebook shit. Oh I'd buy that and ditch my KEYone so quickly.

Those BB were made for people that wanted a good phone first and a smartphone second. That's why they were so awesome.

>Jow Forums not recognizing a fucking Symbian SMARTPHONE
Is it summer already?

>not using the superior bold 9700

go back whence you came

Not the guy you're talking to, but I have a classic so it can actually fit in my pocket. How the he'll do you carry a passport around? Last guy I saw with one the screen was prying away at the corners because he stored it in his pocket. He work khakis every day.

Classic has trackpoint and the toolbelt which is bretty comfy, but the system can be a little sluggish.

>take a billion different things with you instead of one thing that does it all when you go out
How about no

>buy some paper maps
Yeah, reading maps while driving instead of receiving turn-by-turn directions sounds like a great idea
>You really do not need to do this away from home
How else would I google stuff at pawn shops?

Being 6'1 and having big pockets helps somewhat. I usually wear a leather fanny pack with a couple extra mags for my carry gun, and I keep my phone in there typically.

>How the he'll do you carry a passport around?
Same way I've carried every other phone, in my jeans pocket.

>When are you going to ditch the smartphone and retake control of your own autonomy? Get a dumbphone, friend. Smartest decision you could make.

When confronted with the question of either being a primitive savage or a slave to corporations with their calculated and intentional breach of my privacy I chose to fight against the latter and for my right no actually use tech that we invent

the thing is so wide, I don't see how. As I mentioned, the guy I knew who had one had a bent frame and he wore khakis.

Maybe I should get one just to try, unlocked for $100 on ebay. Classic is still pretty comfortable though with the send and end buttons though.

>it's about having a leech in your brain that sucks up all your dopamine.
How? I don't even have an Internet connection on my phone 99% of the time. There's a better idea: Just stop paying for data.

It's a big phone but it's still pocketable. I used to carry an 8" tablet in my pocket, this thing's nothing. And before you try calling me fat, I've got a 29" waist.

I guess being so tall I don't consider it that wide. I can use the thing one handed.

Attached: IMG_0850.jpg (3648x2736, 1.43M)

>29" waist
do you wear military field uniform pants or some shit?

Android Auto is the shit though. I wouldn't want to miss that.

>so tough
>lacks willpower to not let a phone take over his life so he has to handicap himself

How about a call/SMS-only plan? No navigation (though I don't see how sensible offline maps are a problem), no social media, no web browsing, no ride sharing, no streaming. Till you're home, at least.
But whatever, this is a bait thread.

Nobody said it was taking over your life. I hope you'd realize it, if that were the case. But at the very least, it has a subtle negative affect on your attention span.

for weak willed individuals, yes

just turn the sound off for anything but calls m8, distractions solved

tough guy alert

Attached: 130775871946.jpg (437x598, 42K)

says the pussy who will end up getting murdered on the street and never feel the rush of engaging in a fatal act of heroism

sorry m8 i don't live in america

>i don't have a need for it so no one else does
You're an idiot and I've already hidden this thread, so don't bother replying dicksniffer

>tough guy
Nah, just a gunsmith.

>sprint
Might as well not have a phone at all

Attached: shrint.png (1812x1128, 61K)