/TOSG/ - TempleOS General

This is a thread for discussing TempleOS, fan distros of templeOS, and the life of Terry A. Davis

What is TempleOS?
>Templeos is an operating system developed over nearly a decade by programmer Terry A. Davis. He is a schizophrenic man who developed the Operating system as a way to communicate with god, built from scratch. It lacks many features associated with modern OS'es, but the file system is extremely fast and it has built in vector graphics.

Attached: feelterry.jpg (350x350, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aIpkXAGTE40
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#templeos-irc
youtube.com/watch?v=5HRjc83aUY8
youtube.com/watch?v=fsS0E4G310Y
youtube.com/watch?v=cJFirgn3lXs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaG4RAJWyoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dhgKs2JNnM0
youtube.com/watch?v=pVrmxxNvYJ8&t=1m25s
youtu.be/DlSW7ynrPSE
youtube.com/watch?v=sbPKTgkYtcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post your rarest Terrys

Attached: cyberpunkterry.jpg (1080x720, 148K)

how can i port applications to holyc ? is there a program which will do this for me? I want to enter in python maybe and it converts to holyc which i can use in templeos

I dunno if any application exists yet, you might have to do that by hand. HolyC isn't that different from C, though. Just a few extra features

I really worry about him being homeless. It seems like with so many people being aware of this that someone could get him off the streets and into a proper care situation.

That's called a transpiler, go make one, it would be a fun exercise.

AFAIK the reason he's homeless is because he doesn't want to take medicine. He's said in the IRC that he left because his parents wanted him to take his meds, and he doesn't like the meds because they make him unable to cum for whatever reason

At this rate, he's gonna croak within a few years for sure.

hahaha holy shit

Terry is a secret agent working for the Zambian government. He can take care of himself. He has been trained to spot CIA niggers glowing in the dark so I am pretty sure they trained him to live on the streets. From what I have seen of Terry he has probably pitched his tent on the roof gardens of a penthouse suite 50 floors up by now, so that he can parachute to the ground if the Somalians send their agents after him

woah is he, like, required by law to be chemically castrated?

or he just doesn't like his psych meds?

I think he just doesn't like them. A lot of antipsychotics have some gnarly side effects, one of them apparently being you can't cum or get it up

I'm surprised the people in here who seemingly give a shit about this or at least keep this shit up for entertainment haven't already done something to help him.

I bet he smells real bad by now. I remember that video of when he had been sleeping rough for a few days, he had soap, towels, a razor. Everything but a kitchen sink. I imagine by now he smells like 500 hamster cages and a bag of elephant piss

He deosn't accept help. He just takes donations, I know at least 3 people who have offered him a place to stay but he just doesn't respond

Antidepressants often make it that you can't get it up. I have no clue if that's what's bothering him but that's one of the common side effect

youtu.be/aIpkXAGTE40

I was thinking about donations and shit, to get him some help or something. But I guess that doesn't really work if he refused help and I doubt the people in here have much money of their own.

WTF did i just listen to?

TFW you been a genius and all that shit and you just wanna sit in a dumpster and drink coffee and cider with Bob "Cider Brains" McDougal.

Attached: big_1501212063_image.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

the templeOS theme song played on acoustic guitar

you are the worst Jow Forums, you made a mentally ill man to finally turn worse and become a homeless maniac.

I know Jow Forums is bad but you are just shit

Why doesn't Terry like MIT again?

I don't think that's fair to pin on Jow Forums. most people in contact /w terry thru the IRC or email are trying to help him because we respect his work. He refuses most help that doesn't come in the form of monetary donations. At some point you have to just accept that he will only get better if he wants to.

He said in a video that he would have gotten an ass-wooping at MIT recently or smth like that

oh shit, I didn't know that. Well, if he wants to keep believing CIA niggers want his ass, let the man be.

which irc channel & server is he?

Attached: terry.png (799x921, 168K)

it's a kiwiirc channel, check templeos.org. It's up there with the live stream

>Well, if he wants to keep believing CIA niggers want his ass, let the man be.
"Sun's out, guns out" glowed like the sun. They are real, and they are watching Terry.

saw it in the site
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#templeos-irc
server is rizon
channel is #templeos-irc
kiwiirc is web client for irc

Holy shit, where did you get that?

what forum was that?

Attached: DX_terry.png (600x745, 620K)

Attached: terryrunner.jpg (960x540, 94K)

Great pics

MOOOOODS

It's not that tough. The hardest thing to convert from C is file input/output and string handling. Even that's not very tough though.
Is it just me or are half the images on here not loading?

If he's so fucking smart why does it make something worthwhile that can make him wealthy?

>not loading?
just you. loads fine here.

why? cause he's crazy.

I watched that livestream interview he did and he seems to be able to control it more when he's not alone.

Lol no. He's just so schizo they want him on the hella strong stuff. Probably takes Haldol. Only his brain is messed up but sadly those drugs affect the nerves in the body too causing all sorts of issues like ED and muscle stiffness.

Attached: 1526602752369b.jpg (350x350, 63K)

>I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

wikipedia source

the isp zone lmao

TempleOS have com_port support?
if have we have internet!
youtube.com/watch?v=5HRjc83aUY8

youtube.com/watch?v=fsS0E4G310Y

Attached: 20180516_130103.jpg (4032x3024, 3.93M)

I can't believe they don't teach algebra or how to do a triangle fill at MIT.

i didnt really like the plot of BR2049 but it had some nice cinematography i guess

Just uploaded
youtube.com/watch?v=cJFirgn3lXs

He's teamed up with some other hobo here:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaG4RAJWyoQ

25 min ago
youtube.com/watch?v=dhgKs2JNnM0

Attached: 1517301934157.png (1280x720, 1.89M)

You'd better not interrupt the King when he's talking to God!
youtube.com/watch?v=pVrmxxNvYJ8&t=1m25s

Average Jow Forums poster

I love terry and wouldnt mind his nine inch nail being driver into my nail hole

Fucking kek. I hope that guy posts in this thread.

Just imagine finally meeting the meme in person and he shouts "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, I'M RECORDING" at you

Attached: 1520031081908.jpg (320x240, 25K)

Alright so which one of you was this?

Attached: 1499544007922.jpg (320x240, 26K)

>getting butthurt about racial slurs when the guy's clearly schizophrenic

some autist from the chat that keeps changing his nick every 5 minutes.

he's KimJongChill from the IRC.

Look at him before you subhumans and after he interacted, this is why none of you have friends or deserve any enjoy.

He's on a mission from God you retard.

Attached: 1525216240298.jpg (462x360, 143K)

kek, that cuck go BTFO by Terry

his original life plan was to do something with satellite control systems, that's what he was looking at after quitting ticketmaster. but then he went crazy and left town and all that shit.

We need a TempleOS powered satellite to spread the word of God.

And built the worlds greatest operating system by himself. Way cooler than useless satellite shit no one would ever see.

a master's in EE with a 3.6 gpa and he gets homelessness and destitude. truly a labor of love indeed.

How do we know it was actually Terry posting and not just some poser troll?

so terry is a prophet?

Someone needs to do physics girl as the giant joi hologram

>His brain is messed up.
Am I retarded thinking God actually does speak to terry? Whenever I hear him speak of God talking I kinda do get where he's coming from.

What a fucking guber

Well believe what you want. Most of the prophets and oracles of the ancient world were probably people like Terry. There's some popular but crazy theory that in the past basically everyone was a little schizophrenic. Hearing voices was completely normal, and we evolved out of it.

The modern medical theory of schizophrenia is it makes the brain much more sensitive to patterns. Including ones that aren't there. Hence why they become so fascinated with random numbers and conspiracy theories.

>guy calls an insane schizophrenic crazy
>gets upset at a schizophrenic for acting schizophrenic

no need to bully the guy, just ban him and move on.

He gets yelled at and banned on every forum he goes on. He even got banned on youtube. Hacker News actually introduced new site features like vouching to deal with his comments.

youtu.be/DlSW7ynrPSE
NUMBERS, BITCH
youtu.be/DlSW7ynrPSE
NUMBERS, BITCH
youtu.be/DlSW7ynrPSE
NUMBERS, BITCH

those nerds are pathetic. he obviously can't control himself. they don't need to scold him, it doesn't accomplish anything.

Good advice. Believe what you want. I'd even go further and say "you get what you believe in".

thousands years ago, schizophrenic guys preaching about gods are called prophets now. terry might be called a prophet 1000 years later.

Rare Terry remix (Terry x Bad Apple): youtube.com/watch?v=sbPKTgkYtcA

guy looks like a fucking nazi, fucking scum

>Terry has caused new software to be written
Terry is the hero we need but don't deserve.

>projecting this hard

Terry A. "To kill a niggerbird" Davis

Attached: llY02cp.png (1046x675, 760K)

>unironic combat boots in public
This guy deserved it. Terry shouldn'tve apologized

Poor fella. Terry might have just lost a potential Templar recruit.

>Most of the prophets and oracles of the ancient world were probably people like Terry.
this.

he on drugs yet?

networking with TOS is a terrible idea and goes against it's founding principles regardless

absolute dumbass
templeos is for recreational programming. adding a network stack and web browser absolutely fits into that umbrella. terry wouldn't add it to fucking templeos himself, but a user can do what they want. WHATEVER they want. that's why it's open source and designed so minimalistic. I can't remember where the video is but people were showing him a templeos gameboy emulator once and he was pretty charmed by it I think.

well he did apologize immediately though.
that guy is too fat. he should come back later.

Those extra features are why Terry is the smartest programmer that's ever existed.

Cool pic

The guy was bulding an operating system from scratch to communicate with fucking God. You think he wasn't on that path already?

irc is for homos
Terry used to troll those hobby OS forums pretty often until they b& him for his OS being so superior to theirs.
It's already added to Shrine but it's a fucking hassle to get going. Also, God didn't ban networking, he just thinks it's hard to fit within the 100k LOC limit.

The only real limits that God has imposed are that he wants simplicity, not a niggerlicious and complicated codebase. So something like Firefox would be heretical but something like early 90s web browsers would be fine.
>I can't remember where the video is but people were showing him a templeos gameboy emulator once and he was pretty charmed by it I think.
cute

Attached: 1489473535016.png (460x460, 410K)

is there anywhere to get a TempleOS shirt like Terry used to wear?

Attached: 3.png (3200x3800, 35K)

Some guy used to sell them on ebay iirc.

Attached: 1524113046372.jpg (1439x810, 146K)