The speakers on my TV suck. What's the smallest/cheapest speaker I can buy that would make dialogue sound better...

The speakers on my TV suck. What's the smallest/cheapest speaker I can buy that would make dialogue sound better? Looking to spend $20 or less. I was looking at these amazon usb-powered ones for $13. Or maybe an Oontz?

Attached: file.png (1500x1234, 1.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00EZ9XKCM/
pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/guide_how_to_output_all_ps4_audio_through_headphones_via_dualshock_4
amazon.com/Swan-Speakers-M200MKII-Bluetooth-Bookshelf/dp/B0010LH2VS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526655703&sr=1-1&keywords=swan powered bookshelf speakers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Soundbars fucking blow, avoid them.
Get these: Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices - Black amazon.com/dp/B00EZ9XKCM/

just use earbuds if you're going to be that cheap about it. Otherwise save up for an AVR and get a center channel speaker to start; then add stereo speakers.

Creative a250 2.1 Is a little over $20 but they sound good for everything

how close are you going to sit to it?

Everything hooked up to my TV offers a headphone jack or bluetooth, so if I'm just by myself, I'll use my Sony MDR-7506's. If I'm with others, I have an HTCT-100 that I will use. It's "good enough," considering I paid 80 bucks for it 3 years ago.

Im using those amazon ones rn and they suck, no headphone jack

Hit up goodwill or value village or w/e you have for a thrift store and look for something that supports 3.5mm

What audio out does your TV support?

Optical? 3.5mm out? Analog white/red L/R out?

Don't forget the possibility of Digital Coax. Of course, literally nothing tops HDMI.

If you can find the HTCT100 for the price this user paid, I would recommend it. It'll take whatever you throw at it.

Attached: htct 100.jpg (440x330, 101K)

soundbars suck ass.

so does wanting good audio for $20

any fucking normal nonpowered speakers, and you can have some amp for 2 dollars from china i used some integrated tda 5w and it was more then enough to power old tube radio speakers.

Attached: rothbard nigger.jpg (327x154, 7K)

he didnt say good audio - he just wants voice spectrum amplification

They are better than TV speakers, not a clusterfuck to deal with like surround sound, and allow decent enough listening when headphones aren't an option.

That said, as long as it's HDMI compatible and comes with a decent subwoofer, you should spend as little as possible on them. You hit diminishing returns real fast on soundbars.

But yeah, if you aren't having company over, and do everything over a roku or some sort of console, then a good pair of wired headphones is the ideal choice for a person. No speaker system will sound nearly as good as a pair of headphones priced at ~100 bucks.

if your tv has bluetooth just use that. otherwise setting up rf headphones is such a pain in the ass you might want to use super long corded. barring that you need 600+ dollars for a real sound system.

Eh, if he's just streaming, he could pick up a roku that has one of those remotes with a headphone jack. You can get a roku 3 on ebay for like 10 bucks, remote included. Problem solved. Ditto for PS4 and Xbone. Don't know about the Switch. I imagine Chromecast will let you do something similar with your phone, too.

Of course, all this is presuming he has decent headphones and doesn't keep company or have a wife/girlfriend or something living with him.

how does ps4 do it? i have tried a couple times with my controller and it doesn't work except for the controller only noises. that would be my ideal fix personally.

You gotta go into the settings, and shift it to where all sound output would go through the headphone jack. It's pretty quick and easy, though:

pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/guide_how_to_output_all_ps4_audio_through_headphones_via_dualshock_4

It's in the quick menu. That said, I don't know why, but in some games, using headphones like that can cause the controls to lag. Bloodborne does it to me every time. I have the digital download version, and 3 separate controllers (white, black, and anniversary). It happens with all of them.

When it happens, pressing the options button causes it to stop for a while. That said, it sucks when the controller just starts ignoring you during a critical moment.

That's the only game I've noticed it happening on, though.

This. I got a late 90s/early 00s 5.1 Sony surround system with equalizer, cd changer and radio for $50.

Only good sound bar is the Razer Leviathan.

Alternative option is to get a cheap second hand receiver and a pair of old HiFi speakers. Works like a fucking charm, once you iron out the surround settings.

for dialogue you want mids,

I suggest you get something that has a tweeter, and a sub too, you may never use the sub to the tweeter much, but its so much better having them and even shitty ones are likely better than your tv speakers.

was going to post these until i saw your incredibly low budget. wouldn't really bother if you're going to spend more than $20. I mean I guess you could get a cheap boombox from a thrift store that has a remote?

amazon.com/Swan-Speakers-M200MKII-Bluetooth-Bookshelf/dp/B0010LH2VS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526655703&sr=1-1&keywords=swan powered bookshelf speakers

Wife got me a set as an Xmas present. They sound damn good for the price.

Get these OP.

>20 dollar audio
Go to a thrift store and get something there. You literally cannot find something for 20 dollars better than awful television speakers.

for $20 just stick with your tv speakers.