You can pre-order a 27" 4k 144hz monitor for $1999, the Acer X27 monitor

You can pre-order a 27" 4k 144hz monitor for $1999, the Acer X27 monitor.

These monitors use terrible IPS panels, which means you'll get a monitor with awful mouse glow, IPS glow (BLB) and terrible ghosting.

How come TVs are cheaper and don't have these problems?

Attached: 1522730264489.png (570x473, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0CYPtBvE_9Q?t=263
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>27''
>shitPS
For what purpose?

Because the Taiwanese dominated PC industry doesn't give a shit about muh picture quality or quality period.

>How come TVs are cheaper and don't have these problems?

Mass production and "Gaming" begin overprice

Sure but it's twice the price of the Sony XBR-900 which is not a high volume sku, compare:

49" VA vs 27" IPS (cheap shit)
Array local dimming vs edge lit
Full color management vs 1pt white balance
Motion compensated (zoned) backlight scanning vs edge aligned PWM
X1 Extreme video scaling processor vs VIA blurry garbage
48-120hz multisync BFI vs 144hz no BFI

TV decoder, sound system, multiple inputs, ethernet, wifi, operating system, much superior built quality and materials cost etc etc, the Acer should be $399 at most.

>what is pixel density

Imagine how hard it is to pack 4K's worth of pixels into a 27" screen

Now imagine how hard it is to pack 4K's worth of pixels into a screen twice that size.

If you can't wrap your brainlet around that, here's more info.

The ability to get every pixel working on a TV is a lot easier than getting every pixel to work on a PC monitor.

Quality control means that your dumb ass doesn't come back a month later with a dead pixel, because they had to try their hardest to make everything right in a smaller package because your dumb gaming ass keeps crying about how you want more resolution and higher refresh rates.

TVs do have that problem retard. Along with horrid input lag and even more issues.

They don't deliver 144Hz. This is prestige. I don't care. My max for a good screen would be 1000 €. I spend 600 for my XB280Hk in 2015, which is still one of the best monitors on the market, considering it has 4K and Gsync.
>Inb4 downgrade
Running ME3 in 4K144 and Lol would be nice, but its not worth it. Even two 1080 Tis don't handle it.

What are you even talking about, retard

Are you saying 4k on 27" is causing IPS glow and other common IPS issues? Are you fucking retarded? There are 1080p and 1440p IPS panels for 27" with the same exact issues.

What the FUCK are you even talking trying to say here, retard? Holy fucking shit. You are easily the biggest fucking retard on Jow Forums.

Because if it was memeled then it'd cost $8000 and you would complain about it

>These monitors use terrible IPS panels, which means you'll get a monitor with awful mouse glow, IPS glow (BLB) and terrible ghosting.
To be fair, you've never used one and you're guessing based on previous earlier 4k IPS panels and 114hz 1440p IPS panels.

You've literally never seen 4k 144hz in your entire life.

This is horse shit, bottom of the barrel phones have a greater pixel density and less space to wrap drivers and dissipate heat, even decade old laptops are cut from the same density master panels and are tested before cuts are made.

>The ability to get every pixel working on a TV is a lot easier than getting every pixel to work on a PC monitor.

The opposite is true, low density panels are harder to drive and cost more to make all things being equal (resolution), they need thicker coated metallic conductive pathways on the substrate and the electronics are more costly because pixels can be subjected to partial voltages even while not selected.

>114hz 1440p IPS panels.
The fuck you talking about, retard? Any IPS panel is shit, regardless of the resolution or refresh rate.

youtu.be/0CYPtBvE_9Q?t=263

Attached: 1507216953098.png (1149x756, 313K)

ghosting > burn in

No ghosting on my dell ultrasharp

My mouse looks normal on my IPS monitor. Why? Well i don't mind it that i buyed it. It was cheap and out of 20 other cheap monitors this looked the best.

Yea, obviously wasn't meant to be 144hz 1440p.come on, pretending to be a retard isn't a good look.

Also ALL IPS panels are shit? Neck yourself for being a fucking moron. You're probably just autistic and can't handle anything that doesn't meet YOUR specific (and autisticly retarded) needs.

>memeled
That's for brainlets though, I buy patrician VA panels.

Enjoy your "black" color being gray.

>You're probably just autistic and can't handle anything that doesn't meet YOUR specific (and autisticly retarded) needs.
So you're retarded.

Attached: IPS glow.png (648x355, 491K)

I wish monitors above 400$ weren't fucking gamer memes
Anything ultrawide + 1440p is gamer only with an overprice of hundreds of dollars compared to regular 1440p and even 4k monitors
4k 144hz is an even bigger meme and that price is a fucking joke.

If only build quality was at least decent, but not even that

Why are you talking about the mouse and not the retarded glow around the mouse, retard?

this

Attached: 1509300761345.webm (1016x526, 2.95M)

>there will never be a trinitron replacement

Attached: 1492548426483.jpg (1333x1000, 103K)

>VA
>black being gray
What are you even talking about?

Not all IPS panels are shit, thats one of the worst examples of IPS glow you could find, pretending that's the standard is simply disingenuous and frankly invalidates your position showing obvious bias against IPS for no adequate reason.

Attached: 20180312_185953.jpg (4032x2268, 2.04M)

I don't have this weird glow nor does it have this ghost feeling.

Do you work for ASUS, Acer or Samsung?

Attached: ips glow.png (656x621, 452K)

Retard, no one has that monitor yet. It's a $1999 monitor coming out in 2 weeks from now on. 4k and 144 hz.

Is there even any monitor with decent features that doesn't have absurd Backlight bleed out there?
Don't forget about LG

Lol, no I just have owned ~5 IPS panels over the last decade.
You're showing off by far the WORST examples you can find that in no way reflect the average panel.

Pretending that's what ALL IPS panels look like is just flat wrong.

But i got IPS screen too. So it's basicly manufacturer problem and not IPS problem. Also before asks i got LG monitor

Who do you think you'll fool, shill?

Attached: 1517226635146.png (667x487, 556K)

Even my cheap Benq VA is better that IPS iMac

> manufacturer problem

correct

ASUS, Acer, Samsung, LG, Dell and other monitor manufacturers refuse to impose quality control, so when you buy a high-end monitor, you have to play a Russian roulette to get a monitor without any issues

That's what most IPS monitors worth buying look like though. Unless you're lucky, you'd have to go through 3-4 monitors of the same model until you find one that isn't fucked up

That's why amazon's warehouse is full of "Like new" high end monitors

oh god, amazon is re-selling returned monitors? is this even legal

Yes, because they work "perfectly fine" and the backlight bleed doesn't affect its use.

They don't resell shit with dead pixels and shit like that, but warehouse is a shitshow when it comes to monitors cause people go through several of them until they get a decent one

>refuse to impose quality control
lmao, it's fun watching summer kids pretend they know what they're talking about, especially when it comes to very specific technical industries like this that they have zero experience with.

I'm sure Dell and others would be saved if they JUST had you to tell them how to properly run things.

IPS is shit and so are high end monitors, only top 0.1% of PC users can actually drive those monitors, even 144 hz on 1440p is very hard to have atm

I bought an IPS but returned it due to how bad the glow was. Kinda sad as they sound good on paper. VA panels seem much better all round, except for the response time if you play games.

>he thinks a curved IPS is a good example

Yea, those are literally some of the WORST due to the curve, it causes massive backlight bleed, it's also fairly new teech, so somewhat expected. In a few years the QC should get better.

VA panels have terrible transition from black to lighter colors and the ghosting is worse too

>In a few years the QC should get better.

keep telling yourself that, shill

Attached: 1506826240533.png (1175x864, 1.52M)

> In a few years the QC should get better.
Ohhhh okay then
I guess in the meantime it's okay to pay over a thousand dollars for a product as shit as high end monitors

TVs are supposed to be for the main consumer who'd eat all the shit they'd throw at them, but somehow TVs are perfectly fine, meanwhile monitors for a very select userbase are absolute trash and people are okay with it.

What's the point of this thread?

All panel types are shit

TN
>shitty colors
>shitty viewing angles

IPS
>Shitty backlight bleed
>Shitty contrast ratio
>Shitty black levels
>Shitty response time

VA
>Shitty ghosting
>Shitty response time
>Color accuracy generally lower than IPS

OLED
>Shitty price
>No availability
>Shitty burn in

So no matter what you pick, you're getting fucked by something. Pick what's most important to you, and buy the monitor that hits the most points.

If you're a gamer, that likely means a TN panel.

If you're mainly watching media, that means a VA panel

If you're doing color accurate work and are getting paid to do it, that means an IPS panel

If you're not paying for it and your company has a fuck ton of cash on hand for your use, that means an OLED.

>>Color accuracy generally lower than IPS
look to TVs since they have the newest tech first. VA is better than IPS in all regards except viewing angles.

Again, for a normie who just wants a decent all around monitor, sure.

But there are still people who need IPS, who need TN, or who need OLED due to specific circumstances.

Remember user, I know it might be hard for you to understand, but there ARE other people in the world, and they all have their own lives that are different from yours. What you want, and what someone else want, aren't going to be the same. It's just that simple.

>Shitty backlight bleed
only because manufacturers let it happen on purpose
>Shitty contrast ratio
>Shitty black levels
>Shitty response time
this is no longer the case since 2015
>Color accuracy generally lower than IPS
literally no difference anymore

>let it happen on purpose
God damn, sure is summer.

Kid, go home.

What are you sperging about now, shill?

Lmao, the (((JEWS))) don't want you to have a good monitor so they purposefully LET backlight bleed happen?

Do you understand at ALL how manufacturing works?

Great, they implemented a new QC to no longer allow ANY backlight bleed, your monitor is now $2500 for a 1440p 144hz panel. Good luck affording that.

Jews don't manufacture monitors. Chinks and gooks do.

Again, what the fuck are you sperging about?

You're literally retarded if you think manufacturers could release a monitor without ANY backlight bleed, and still manage to sell it for anywhere near it's original MSRP.

He's making fun of you for sounding like a paranoid Jow Forums poster.

>don't sell monitors with issues

problem solved, shill

4k OLED 144Hz for

Again nigger, how the fuck do you think that will affect the PRICE YOU'RE PAYING?

No more $300-500 monitors, they'll be $1000+ for even 1440p 60hz.

Hey buddy, the only one who sounds like a paranoid Jow Forums poster would be you, since you're whining about "muh Jews" and other dumb shit

Not me

Attached: 2018-05-18 08_54_36.png (849x135, 9K)

These $600 monitors should cost $200. You're being scammed, kid.

The Acer X27 (144hz, 4k, g-sync), which will be out very soon next month, is going to cost $1999. And it's going to all have those fucking issues in every IPS panel because manufacturers don't care about quality control.

If you want a perfect panel, pay up the big bucks.
I'm sure Sony, Eizo, or NEC would be happy to sell you a $5000+ monitor that meets your needs.

>These $600 monitors should cost $200
Lmao, yeah, companies should sell products AT cost to consumers, fuck paying their employee wages, or paying for future R&D.

It's like you've never even thought about how the industry actually functions.

you can use paint and edit out the (You)s

good job i guess

in under a minute? Come on. I've got better shit to do.

Screen shot is time stamped as well.

>only 2 oled monitors and one got axed

Attached: nene no.jpg (640x358, 30K)

Lol, you are so painfully autistic and a obvious shill that is physically and mentally hurts to read your posts.

When someone buys a monitor, they don't want fucking backlight bleed or other issues. You fucking autistic mongoloid. Are you daft? Do you still wear diapers? Are you actually a shill?

>they don't want fucking backlight bleed or other issues
No shit, but they're not willing to pay for a panel that doesn't have those issues.

That's not the manufacturers fault.

>OLED

Why? The Chinks and Gooks will fuck it up and introduce more issues, and OLED panels have burn-in issues.

Do I have to pay for a "perfect car" if I want a car that doesn't have a 80% chance of having a rattling exhaust? You stupid fuck, get out of my face you fucking retarded gamer manchild.

>That's not the manufacturers fault.

Yeah it's obviously everyone's fault the monitors have IPS glow or dead pixels. LMAO, I hope you get paid for shilling.

Children, please leave.

You don't understand panel yields and how that effects the final end cost of a monitor.

You can't just throw away 90% of a panel batch and price the remaining 10% of panels at the same cost they'd be if you used 50% of the panels.

Math it's pretty simple, but think about it, they still need to make a profit. If you want them to get rid of ALL of the backlight bleed and IPS glow, then you're paying for the top 10% or even better of the panels, that means they can't use ~90% of the panels. Normal yields already reduce the panels by about 25%, further reducing your yields to attain the PERFECT panel would be cost prohibitive.

You'd just be complaining about how all monitors are $1000+ and you can't afford anything decent. Instead you get to complain about slight defects that don't inhibit use. But at least you can afford it.

>You can't just throw away 90% of a panel batch and price the remaining 10% of panels at the same cost they'd be if you used 50% of the panels.

You can. It's called quality control. Shocking, i know.

>terrible IPS panels
My XB271HU has a phenomenal screen with no IPS glow (or at least that I notice). Absolutely best monitor.

No, that's called running yourself out of business.
Moron

t. shill

IPS is great. wth?

I have an Asus and a Samsung monitor sitting next to it, shill.

He's not wrong. ASUS at the very least pushes QC'd monitors to their ROG line, leaving the shittier panels to their economy line, forcing the end user to QC their monitor or otherwise accept it as is when received.

Can you actually use math?

Seriously

Lets say it cost $1,000,000 for a batch of 10,000 panels, that's $100 per panel.

Say 20% are unusable. That's ~$125 per panel

Say you want to make sure ONLY the best panels get released, that's another ~70% that are unusable.
That's ~$1000 per panel now.

Wow, isn't math fun?

You are seriously the dumbest piece of shit on Jow Forums.

Just because the monitor costs $6,000,000, it doesn't mean it will $6,000,000 to create that monitor in a factory. Holy fuck, YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST FUCKING PERSON ON Jow Forums RIGHT NOW.

>QD'd monitors to ROG
My Asus ROG monitor is pure shit. The worst colors I've seen in an IPS. What kind of shitty IPS monitor can't properly display various shades of grey?

All these arguments about having to pay top dollar for actual good monitors is kinda dumb when every monitor over a thousand dollars has just as much backlight bleed as a 300$ ips one

Most IPS panels in monitors are shit. There's literally no quality control and they are overpriced garbage monitors. This is the future that gamer manchildren have forced upon us.

I never said that, I never even talked about the final cost of the monitor, that was JUST about panel cost.

You can't just magically throw away the majority of your panel production and still charge the same price as you were before AND still make a profit. It simply doesn't work that way.

Those numbers are entirely hypothetical and don't factor for re-matching panel components, recycling materials, and I'm sure countless other cost cutting methods they're capable of employing as massive tech industry behemoths.

Consumer monitors, sure.

Look at actual professional monitors for like movie production, they'll run you $15000-30000, but they'll be far beyond what you'll see in the consumer world.

Making the panel itself doesn't cost $6,000,000 if the monitor costs $6,000,000

The point remains, they can't just suddenly switch from using a large percentage of their panels, to only using a tiny percentage of panels, and still sell the monitors at the same price point WHILE still making their money back.

>You can't just magically throw away the majority

Western companies do it all the time. It's called QUALITY CONTROL. Something slant eyed yellow goblins will never understand, piss off Chink.

>professional monitors for movie production
Not him. Could you cite an example of these? I've never seen a monitor going for that much, I don't even think Dell's "8K" goes for that much.

Again, i never said that. Are you actually a retard?

Your $500 monitor doesn't cost $500 to manufacture, but that's what they sell it at because they're trying to make a PROFIT.

That PROFIT feeds future R&D, and continued product development.

I'm a cameraman in LA, and you're full of shit.

A "professional" monitor costs $1000 to $1500.

Lmao, again they do it, and then increase the price correspondingly. It's not something you can just do for free.

Okay but why is my KS7000 TV (consumer TV) so much better in every way but response time than literaly any consumer monitor out there, even monitors that cost twice as much

Thanks, these have valuable info.

not even intel or amd is as shady as chinese, taiwanese and korean companies

imagine buying a processor from intel or amd, and there's a 80% chance it won't be able to use some of its cores

BVM-X300 V2
Costs around $40000 USD.

Somewhat, but not necessarily, they could offer something similar to Silicon Lottery, in house, and actually QC the high end monitors they pedal. They could then pedal low end monitors to the unwashed masses.

Retard do you think any professional gives a single fuck about backlight bleed in their monitors

Do you think they care more about how shit looks in their monitors instead of their tvs/cinema screens?

>A "professional" monitor costs $1000 to $1500.
lol, i'm talking about mastering monitors, not some production monitor you're using as a preview.

IPS looks drastically better than TN and even VA, I have no idea why Jow Forums constantly whines about IPS when TN look like trash and VA has worse ghosting than IPS. OLED isn't even apart of the discussion as long as it's still plagued by burn-in issues, OLED is a literal meme technology. Do you retards realize that manufacturers have been trying to push OLED since the mid-2000's yet the price still hasn't come down and they STILL haven't come close to solving the burn-in issues? Enjoy your planned obsolescence.

>i-ii-im' t-t-talking a-b-b-bout

shut the fuck up, a professional monitor is a professional monitor