New Nvidia is weaker than the previous one

New Nvidia is weaker than the previous one.

Thoughts?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a80mtoQklSo#

Attached: Screenshot_20180518-171712~01~01.png (720x618, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030/specifications
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC/Overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buy low end GPU
>get low end specs
wow, shocking

Attached: 75eab5eacaeeb4c72cee8d7f93ebff3c.png (3043x2586, 384K)

Surprisingly enough using DDR4 instead of memory designed for graphics yields worse results in GPUs

>wow, shocking
that's not the point you novidiot.
The point is that this is a pointless release.
Why the fuck would anyone bother with this card, which is even lower end than the novidia low end, when it sucks even more against 2200g and 2400g?
Why would anyone consider this as a purchase?
inb4 because someone might want to drive several displays in his workstation.
WRONG. There are plenty 240, 5450, gt 710 and 720 out there for $30 that do the job perfectly.

I thought these were just chinese off-brand knock-offs and not actual Nvidia approved stuff

geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030/specifications
hmm

I guess nvidia is just stupid for releasing a shittier version of an already shitty product. Even the box in the OP looks like it's an imitation of the nvidia style of GPU boxes

What? That box looks exactly like any other Gigabyte box.

Its cheaper and easier to make, its designed to replace the GT 710-30 series.

So why does it have exactly the same name as the GDDR5 1030 that offers twice the performance, my dear apologist?

It says D4 on the box, so it's clearly marked as DDR4 version, D5 is the GDDR5 version

Stop trying to be a troll, you're bad at it

Because you don't buy a 1030 to play the latest games.

>1030
Dude no one fucking cares

Don't buy low end Nvidia EVER. Just get the RX 550 if you need a cheap VGA.

>WRONG. There are plenty 240, 5450, gt 710 and 720 out there for $30 that do the job perfectly.
those are all old, no?
corporate doesn't want to buy pre-owned

>ddr4 on a motherfucking graphical processing unit
getting it is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot, even igpus would be better than that pile of shit

reming me why sub 8gb vram cards are relevant

Attached: 122.png (398x307, 189K)

Because an ignorant consumer is going to buy one of these after seeing how a GT 1030 performs in their favorite game and is going to be disappointed because 99% of GT 1030 reviews use the GDDR5 version.

What does this thing cost?

The GDDR5 is shit, because this card is slow anyway. Just make it cheap like the GT710 for 35 € (new), because these are clearly meant as cheap replacement adapters and for HTPCs which need new connectors (HDMI 2.0).

Nope. None of the mentioned could output 4K60. This thing can, and draws less. It also decodes H265.

this

it's a cash grab to unsuspecting children.

Lower TDP.

The more you know.

is it really bad? how does it compare to my 6800GT??

the only reason they didn't name it the gt 1020 is to scam consumers. I feel bad for anyone who falls for this and accidentally buys this garbage.

Series number has always referred to the chip, not the actual performance. A Geforce 256 with DDR was not a Geforce 512.

Does a 6800GT even have enough VRAM to run Windows 10?

Attached: Untitled.png (421x491, 15K)

why wouldn't it

t. dum-dum

>output 4K60
>decodes H265
he said corporate and you reply with memes.
there's no such thing as gaymin corporate.
Also every 1.0 GCN card, e.g. r5 240, can output 2–6x 4096×2160 @ 60 Hz
and the orland pro( the one that's actually available for purchase) is 30 watt tdp...and that's a card from 2013.

gt 710 720 have 19watt tdp, they support 4k at 30fps via hdmi and 4k60fps via DP.
>curb your meme arguments

(pixelsY*pixelsX*colourdepthbit)/8= videoram needed.
anything above my first 3dfx card's vram, 7.8MB, can and will drive a WM at least on vesa resolutions.

>Memes
>Gaming

Nope. I had the R5 240. It cannot, only Kepler does, with its enabled color compression. We are talking about HDMI 2.0, there are no TVs with Displayport.

Only Geforce 900 or RX series cards have HDMI 2.0 and hardware H265 support.

I also had the GT 530, it was hell, you could do 4K30 via custom resolution, but only with 30 Hz. Same with the R5.

No one cares about DP, because DP is not HDMI and TVs only have HDMI (2.0).

It seems you know nothing because you never had these problems.

And of course think of the missing H265 support, it will use your CPU then, which results in heavy shuttering if you don't have a server-grade Xeon in your HTPC.

>It seems you know nothing because you never had these problems.
the supposed market for these cards is not any 4k60fps tvs or monitors.
now the argument went from corporate to tv...
what else are you going to bring on this fucking thread to try and make some sense out of your claims.
inb4 back to >>it wouldn't even surprise me.

you are making an htpc with a dGPU?
how dumb are you?
what's on the htpc that cannot be driven by an APU or an i3?

I agree, but view it from another perspective you Jow Forumslet.
Buy both the fucking cards, especially this one. This crap will be worth thousands of dollars because of how rare it's going to become. Everyone won't bother with it because of how weak it is, that's what will make it so rare.

Nvidia's lowest current chip is the 1030. It has all the latest capabilities.
You're arguing that it should be illegal for Nvidia to sell it because YOU don't need these capabilities, and instead think a card should only be legal to sell based on its gaming performance.
This is a rather odd position.

X 2 6 5

faggot

H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9

>he fell for the 6gb meme
not him, but cant a cpu decode that shit?

4K60fps output on HDMI
x265
are all of you retarded or do you do it on purpose?

It is. These cards are not for gayming.

They are meant as an add-in for older HTPCs and even office rigs that run cards like a HD5450. They sometimes break and people like to get the new features, lower power draw, connectivity and standards like H265.
When you want to drive 4K, no. At least until last year. Of course you could buy the overpriced Pentium G shit, or just do it like me and buy a used i5 ond a H61 board with a small dGPU, which is cheaper and more powerful. Now Ryzen exists, but the APU only works with WIndows 10. Ryzen also has only inofficial support for HDMI 2.0.

There are also still systems without a GPU, like Ryzen, TR and Intel HEDT. People who dont play games still need a desktop output. Thats why these cards exist.

>Being this retarded

GT 1030 has all the modern features of Pascal, DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0b so it can certainly do 4K60 TVs or monitors and it has full 8K HEVC Main10/12 and VP9 10bit hardware decoding

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT, clueless ignorant moron

I don't think my i7 4790 can CPU decode H265 4k60.

Here’s a quick rundown of well-known hardware that includes dedicated HEVC decoding blocks, which definitely support efficient HEVC playback:

Intel 6th-generation ‘Skylake’ Core processors or newer
AMD 6th-generation ‘Carizzo’ APUs or newer
AMD ‘Fiji’ GPUs (Radeon R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano) or newer
Nvidia GM206 GPUs (GeForce GTX 960/950) or newer
Other Nvidia GeForce GTX 900 series GPUs have partial HEVC hardware decoding support
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805/615/410/208 SoCs or newer. Support ranges from 720p decoding on low-end parts to 4K playback on high-end parts.
Nvidia Tegra X1 SoCs or newer
Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5430 SoCs or newer
Apple A8 SoCs or newer
Some MediaTek SoCs from mid-2014 onwards
No, at least not my i5-3550. 1080p worked, but 4K shuttered like hell.

not for 4K, not unless you have a much pricier GPU

>They are meant as an add-in for older HTPCs and even office rigs that run cards like a HD5450.
even recent motherboard often don't include hdmi 2.0 ports, unless you pay more extra dollars than what you would for a 1030

>much pricier GPU
a much pricier CPU*

oh ok, i didnt know that

Jow Forums? never been there.
I am applying "how not to be a stupid consumer" 101.
I am just saying that there isn't a market share for those cards, even the previous attempts both by novidia and amd have resulted in many unsold cards in shelves. 5450 240 gt710 720 are the most frequent cards I see on the shelves, even at local shops.
At least amd did the sane thing and marketed and sold the r5 23x cards only to oems and some earliest version of the 240.
When your cpu with its igpu, either being an apu or not, can give you the same performance and even more with lower tdp combined with the cpu and in less space, you are not even considering this card as an option.
The only thing I considered this card was for workstations... but apparently workstation to Jow Forumsentoomen means 4k60hz x265 decoding TVs with HDMI (2.0).
I swear, this boards is getting dumber and dumber. I cannot distinguish Jow Forums from Jow Forumspcmr

>You're arguing that it should be illegal
are you drunk?
I never said illegal.
>because YOU don't need
I never said I don't need. I gave a full perspective of the situation.
I explicitly mentioned that this shit cannot compete even with 2200g, in terms of consumption, space, price, etc and even if there's a slight use in workstations, it's never gonna happen because there are dirty cheap other solutions.
You obviously haven't worked in a dual xeon precision, that's why you are dreaming in 4k60hz.
>ITT novidiots will defend this.

pretty sure it can user
my 2500K (5.0GHz) does it, barely but it does
works only with madvr though, it's choppy with everything else

>apparently workstation to Jow Forumsentoomen means 4k60hz x265 decoding TVs with HDMI (2.0).
you are a retard and have no clue

hehe, we found what's different in a 2013 card vs one from 2018.
tdp failed, performance... dot'n talk about it...
now everyone wants x265.
>>ITT novidiots will defend this.

>everyone should buy an entirely new computer instead of just a card!
Why would I spend $500 on a 2200g system to get no more performance than a $100 i5 2500 system with an $80 video card?

you're the only retard who believes anyone buys this for performance
everybody has been trying to explain to you that the point of these cards is elsewhere, but you just don't get it
>hurrr novidiot
I have a 290 crossfire faggot

>you are a retard and have no clue
your whole argument revolves around 2 memes. 4k and x265.
someone who can't spend $100 on a dGPU, it sure has a 4k60hz TV, monitor, whateveryouraegoingtodreamnext, and is in need of x265... plus he doesn't have an x265 capable cpu.
Yes, I assumed his gender.
you see for yourselves that you narrow your arguments, in the end you will end up on what I said in the 3rd post: there's no market for these cards.
KEK, keep going.

I don't know, maybe you are an idiot and you like to buy cpus with security holes.
Maybe you are an idiot that doesn't buy a new chromebook for the same price as a 5 year old PC with unknown remaining lifetime.

consider this, and go back thinking
I have recently bought a 4K tv
I have an older htpc that can't 4K and can't x265
50$ 1030 on ebay
now my old htpc can 4K and x265
try to wrap your head around this

>you like to buy cpus with security holes
I don't buy AMD so there's no issue there.

>The point is that this is a pointless release.
>your lifestory here.
you could also say that your mother is dying and her last wish is a 1030 with ddr4. It would've been a great argument for Jow Forums plus it would still count as 1 sale.

>I don't buy AMD so there's no issue there.
wow, you must be very smart. what a comeback.
Maybe you are confusing your shilling.
ITT you shill for novidia.

I have no argument left, the post
I sincerely hope your shitty damage control is but a façade, and that you finally got it

>I have a 290 crossfire faggot
Jesus christ do you at least save on heating?

actually, I do lower my heating in winter if I'm mining

>hey imagine this story
>I need the 1030
>end of story.
Sorry, I cannot reply with arguments in such magnificent posts.
your whole logic behind your life's story is
what does this card have from previous cards.
This.
make up a story where I need just this.

Your whole fucking argument could be about a card that at least has passive cooling. This one doesn't have one, yet.
BUT NO, you've gotta shill about this.
and don't bother replying about passive cooling. MSI, the company that listed this card, doesn't plan a passively cooled card.
So yeah, your htpc argument is like you, dumb.

>could be about a card that at least has passive cooling. This one doesn't have one, yet
it does, retard

>the point of these cards is elsewhere,
you have been trying for 60 posts nearly and your whole points moved from corporate to tv and then to htpc... when in fact this card has active cooling.
so even your htpc argument doesn't work.
if there was, you'd already post it.

This is basically cheating and should be illegal. They put out a product (low end one but still) that after being quite long on the market has well known and recognized performance, then they suddendly release a singificantly weaker product under exact same name any without any easily noticeable indication that it is the shittier version.

Fuck NoVideo in all holes.

same scam like 1060.
novidiots bought the 1060 3gb and believed they had the full fat gpu but half the vram.
novidiots still defend this.

who do you think I am?
how simple your world must be
>hurr there are people disagreeing with me, am I wrong?
>no, there's only one person
>it's not even a person it's a shill
>thank god, I must be right

But the original GT1030 never was a shitty product. It was cheap, low power, had good price/performance ratio. It was the perfect card for non gamers and also those who don't need max res and details in games

You guys know the 1030 exists to add ports, not power, right?

This is chink level scam, well played nvidia

Why would anyone ever buy low end Nvidia when low end AMD is so much better?

fanless was the deciding factor for me

It's much stronger than a 6800GT.
You playing on 800x600?

>who do you think I am?
>how simple your world must be
now that the thread has taken a dangerous turn, let's start with the existential questions.
There are two reason behind false/fake arguments.
1. money to spend the propaganda
2. ignorance.
which one fits you best?

ask me if I am a virgin.

I am still asking you, why would you consider a card without passive cooling as an htpc card?
Has the novidiot promotion guide fallen so low?
Thus far your best argument was about x265 for htpc, this card is not suitable for htpc... except if you are deaf and you are enjoying only silent films from 100 years ago.

>spend
spread*

should have just gotten Vega 11 then

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC/Overview
but the 1030 does exist in fanless

check xfx

4K? I tried that on my i5 but only 3.6 GHz. i7s should be the minimum requirement.
People only think about gaming. Before, you had no other option than a expensive 1050, even if you just wanted to playback video.
What, there are passive versions of this card.

>msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC/Overview
thats the gddr5 version, not the gddr4 version mentioned in the OP.

kek, that's a gddr5 card you fucking RETARD.

but vega 11 aren't discrete gpus
do they do passive 550?

I thought the 1030 in general was discussed

>What, there are passive versions of this card.
no, there aren't.

yup, 4K 265 is alright
10 bit can be a bit choppy if high bitrate

>do they do passive 550?
I don't think you can find the 550. They have the 460 though.
their passive and low profile cards are top notch. computerbase.de have always praised xfx's quality.
>I thought the 1030 in general was discussed
I thought that you were the other retard that's been shitposting since post one. Didn't ment to yell at you. I am sorry.

>They have the 460 though.
oh, might have bought that indeed
well the 1030 fits my needs and I'm set till the next codec upgrade

>I thought that you were the other retard that's been shitposting since post one. Didn't ment to yell at you. I am sorry.
no probs senpai

I hate Nvidia too but didn't AMD do this recently with the RX 560 and 550?