No guts thread in catalog

Post 'em.

Attached: Untitled.png (2160x1078, 3.78M)

finished yesterday

Attached: oil pc.jpg (1920x1084, 362K)

why do people need SLI nowadays
Unless the workload calls for it then you don't need it because games don't support it

True, but as OP, I have tested with SLI and single card by switching off the second PCIe slot. It helps a lot in some games (The ones I like) and for others that don't support it, it still brute forces some extra frames for small gains.
I got a 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor, and one card puts me shy of 100 frames in many games. Second card to max it out.
Waste of money really, but I have zero vices and a pretty good job.

does this work

Attached: 1525122330822.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

I want to do this. Mainly as a secondary machine for novelty purposes. But I have always been fascinated by mineral oil builds.

Not poster, but yes. Hard drives used to be the limiting factor because oil in the drive would cause them to malfunction. But SSDs eliminate that.

9/10
7/10

Attached: C41C8C9A-0399-44A9-B0DD-F273A835F504.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

fucking cancerous iphone.

Attached: rotated.jpg (3024x4032, 2.18M)

Wish speccy showed my real frequency on the cpu and gpu. It's 4.8ghz on 6600k and 1450mhz on 980ti.
Thinking about buying a better case, a nzxt gpu aio mount, a 280mm aio, and matching PWM quiet case fans. I'll put the new 280mm on my CPU and delid it while I have it out and then mount my current 240mm on the 980ti. Hopefully this will considerably reduce the DB's coming out of this thing under load.
Nice your glass is spotless. Jealous, I have shitty plastic window. Full ram slots looks great too.
fucking madman
Insane computer. I like how SLI now indicates someone isn't a gaymur because it's only real use is CUDA acceleration. Pretty much flawless build but I would get more noctuas and throw them on the AIO.

Attached: current-pc.jpg (2162x1285, 1.8M)

moooooooommmmmmm

I've always thought these were cool, but I could never justify the amount of pain that would come with any upgrade or maintenance.

I would do this if I had money to throw around but I already have ideas for other things I want to do.
Pretty much a one and done deal. I wouldn't do this for an extreme build. Just something you'd use casually and for looks. Buy decent cheap parts and hopefully never have to replace anything.

>Pointing out my stock fans on my AIO.
That is my biggest shame in my build. The Noctuas in there are actually radiator fans from an old water cooled build. I probably should put them on the rad and get noctua case fans for the bottom.

It was a lot of work but I wanted to have a rig like this for years and it finally happened.
It doesn't really have a point besides looking cool.
I like projects like this but it's certainly not for everyone.

Cooling is actually insane though. I'm blasting a Ryzen 2600 on 4GHz on 100% utilization (torture testing) and the oil remains below 40°C.
The fans of the RX 570 won't even start spinning while doing the 3DMark Firestrike.

I glued some huge heatsinks with thermal compound glue on the backside and slapped a 200mm fan on top. Seems to do the job well.

KDE Neon is planned for this as the main os.
I'll do some high quality shots as soon as I have time to.

Attached: Oil pc.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

Post more pictures of computers

Attached: steampunk_pc_mkiii_by_spamdragond2v8wl7.jpg (900x1348, 239K)

That makes me moist.
I would love to see a custom water loop using copper lines like that for a steam punk look.

tfw: massive cooler mess with one RAM slot

Attached: 18741824.jpg (1280x768, 161K)

why didn't you removed the gpu heatsink ?

sip sip

Well I liked the look of an untouched VGA. I also think that a heatsink makes sense in the oil the get the heat faster off the die.
Fans are propably pointless

Am I winning lads?

Attached: 3FF17C3F-F188-4B4E-9511-3B4D3A43DAED.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

yes, at losing

Your cable management is terrible and you should feel terrible.

Attached: 24234.jpg (707x943, 60K)

It looks like a pretty high value build. I'm assuming both of those cards paid themselves off with mining, Looks like a high value build. I managed to get my aio cooled 980ti for only $350 after selling my year old 1060 for $200 and bought my ram like the day before the price spiked.
Nice, love the 2700x and rgb ram. HQ SSD. Sucks if you just bought the 1080 value wise but if you needed it not much you can do. Replace your last corsair fan with another one of those chink fans. It would be hard to make the parts you picked look bad.

The 1080 was on sale for $500 new so I couldn't pass it up. Especally since my old card was a 470 from 8 years ago. :/

Well at least you didn't over pay. Who knows if the GPU market will ever return to normalcy.
I almost bought a 1080ti duke for $699 last year and I'm very glad I didn't because I haven't found anything I want to play that needs that much performance.
I figured you paid through the nose for the thing.

Noice, but the downside of it should be you can't resell the components?
Only certain titles. I would test it if I had a 2nd card but probably not keep it, since I can't even justify one card. I barely use mine, but I'm missing to many life contents so I needed one to make me happy.
Ti is a thing for 4K AAA gaming and 1440p144.
>TFW I mostly play games in 4K on a 960 2 GB

Attached: DSC_0010.jpg (3264x2448, 2.27M)

I'm on 1440p 144 with gsync but I don't think I've played a game since I got it. My PC was purpose built for 144hz 1080p, even has 3600 cl16 ram.
Maybe the new WoW expansion or something. Games are shit right now, I've been actively trying to find something that can hold my attention for more than an hour for two years.

So, when you upgrade you just throw shit away because you can't sell it, right?

Thats my problem. Games are shit. I mainly bought it for ME:Andromeda, I was hyped for it, hoped the MP would be as great as ME3s at least. But no I'll stick for eternal ME3.

Next major release I'm waiting for is Cyberpunk. If it gets as good as Witcher 3, I'll buy it.

Deus Ex MD seems pretty good, I bought it for 8 €with DLC. I like games that have a story and not only straight shooting.

Attached: Elektrisiert.jpg (3840x2160, 3.97M)

It's me again, here to get shit on.

Wish I'd done more with this rig when I was building it like I'd planned on doing. Was a 2nd year uni student when I started and ran out of cash before even buying the graphics card, the one in here is an old card one of my flatmates gave me last year, 3 years after building the rest of the rig.

I'd wanted to add a few red highlight cables, use cable combs, get a graphics card with red accents and a backplate, and 2 more fans (the ones with the red rings) on the rad for push pull, get a second, >=4tb hdd and mount that where the SSD currently is, and have the SSD rear mounted.

I plan on flogging this rig pretty soon because I barely use it, but I'd love to do a second build in this, or a very similar case sometime in the future.

Attached: IMG_20180201_002914.jpg (4640x3480, 1.52M)

Oh yeah cool that SSD with 3 of those 20 dollar fans

Why did you do it then? I would buy the main components first, before getting things like sleeved cables.

Well I'd bought everything but the graphics card, the sleeved cables came with the PSU, the only unnecessary thing I bought was 2 replacement fans for on the rad, since the default sucked dick.

I'd planned the money I needed out with the job I was working over the summer, but my laptop died so the graphics card money went to a new one of those instead. Turns out the only game I ever want to play back then was LoL anyway so a card of any variety woulda been a waste of cash.

Yeah man you're not kidding. I tried ME:A and while it's graphics were insane it just wasn't fun.
Destiny 2 was soul crushing. I'm a hardcore PvE player, I even raided 25 hours a week in a WoW guild. There was SO MUCH potential in Destiny 2 PvE, I had so much fun before the dungeons got trivial, but they blew it. It could have been my favorite game ever.
Diablo 3 was fun for a season last year but it doesn't have very many players. I only played a few hours a day and I was the #1 crusader on the leaderboard who didn't cheat. Hoping for diablo 4 some day.
WoW Legion mythic+ dungeons were awesome but the economy is trash because there are more bots out in the world at any given point than players. There are more brazilians in the LFG system than US players at any given point. So I quit.
Tried Warframe and it's still what I'm playing but it's so easy. I love the grind but it's not rewarding enough or difficult. There is no hard content in the whole game.
I didn't enjoy the witcher 3 but I too am looking forward to cyberpunk.
So far the game that most impressed me was DOOM. If that campaign lasted forever I would have played it forever, it was SO good. Also a technical masterpiece.

Moved my stuff into a Cooler Master 590 III case. It's nice having a smaller ATX case with full functionality like multiple 5.25" bays. I have a 3rd DVD drive in mind. Fucker is like $100.

Attached: New-Guts.jpg (3405x2912, 1.71M)

Looks good, nice solid black coloring to all the parts. Great GPU, SSD, and PSU. I'd like to replace my 2011 750w corsair with a modular seasonic but can't justify it because the current one seems to work fine. Impressive considering it's been delivering power for at least 6.5 years, I never shut off my pc.

Thanks. The black everything was unintentional lol. It just kind of worked out like that. As for the PSU, it's great. Replaced my aging Cooler Master V1000 I had that was starting to kill SATA trees, so I dropped it before it kamikazed and took my entire PC down with it. new unit has a 12 year manufacturer warranty. 12 whole years. If that doesn't say Seasonic is confident in their product, I don't know what will.

Unrelated is my Server. I want to get another Seasonic 850w for this build. I'm sick of using Molex to SATA adapters and I'm leery of keeping them for long term use and 750-850w units are the only ones with 8+ SATA power

Attached: Server-Guts-GT710-2.jpg (4628x3455, 2.93M)

Graphics are nice, but the performance is horrible. I still get drops to below 40 in MEA, sometimes even 20. Even turning to "Medium" doesn't help, I tested it. In the meanwhile I get constant 80-90 FPS in BF1, same engine, maxed out.

I played Destiny, as it was free, but don't understand the appeal of grinding it. It got boring qickly when I finished all main quests. Oh, and I'm a hardcore Warframe grinder. I stopped somewhere at 8700 Platinum and 65M credits, because I got too bored for now. I will certainly accomplish my life goals somewhen.

DOOM is interesting, it feels oldschool with new graphics. And very well optimized.

DOOM is the epitome of properly implemented Vulcan API. I gave my old build to a buddy of mine (FX-6300 @ Stock and radeon 7870 GHz edition) and he was saying he had almost 80FPS on high settings with only shadows and AA dropped by 1 or 2 notches at 1080p

Attached: 20180404_193140.jpg (3264x1836, 2.19M)

meaty guts

Attached: IMG_20170301_152357.jpg (4208x3120, 3.59M)

I know. I can play it in 4K144 with my 1080 Ti. It even utilizes Vegas capabilities and runs well with Linux.

I hate this PC I need better air flow for my video card but don't know what to do.

Attached: 18836558_10154577137508244_2045550530_o.jpg (2048x1152, 232K)

This PSU was not enough to tame 2 GTX480s and popped on me )=

Attached: Guts.jpg (642x617, 122K)

All that wasted space

what case it that? s340?

I had 2 GTX480s SLI back in the day as well. I had them water cooled and they did well.
See my other reply. My case is from my water cooling days and the extra space accommodated to 360mm rads, pump, liquid cooled PSU and reservoir. I'm not throwing away a solid aluminum, very expensive case because I'm not water cooling at the moment.

What case is that?

Still building this one, as a HTPC / Travel case.

Attached: 176572.jpg (1157x960, 216K)

What are you planing on doing still?

Corsair 350D

Installing a 1070, and some fans for the AIO and front panel

With the space you have in there you can either do something about the massive drive bay blocking your front intake or take a power drill to the side panel to perforate it, then screw a slim ~13mm fan on there with magnetic fan filter on the outside of the case.

Attached: vroom vroom.jpg (1200x534, 149K)

>AIO
>WD drive
>1070
>HTPC

Attached: 14325.jpg (239x268, 26K)

Looks goofy but works.

Attached: IMG_20180517_234534_463.jpg (2304x2880, 2.19M)

Don't need a Crossfire bridge?

A bit big, but basically what I'm doing here. Jonsbo C3 is hell (literally) to cool, so I might even get a 120mm AIO.

I get close to 90° package @1.27 V.

A 1070 or something would be a dream if they become affordable, so I could run them below 1 V in the sweet spot instead of my 960 @max OC @95°. It will run at 92° without OC.

Attached: htpc.jpg (1086x804, 95K)

>Its an old case I swear! meme
How fast does that thing roll around bro? Whats your reasoning for the 3 useless fans in the rear?

s340 Elite

Positive air pressure. The AIO fans have a higher CFM then the Noctuas. Without the 3 extra fans in the back I would have negative air pressure and a larger dust problem than I already have.
Also, my Speccy.

Attached: Specy.png (523x470, 34K)

>positive air pressure
>big open grill at the top rendering rear fans useless
Much positive air pressure indeed. That surely has nothing to do with all the dust in your case as well.

Not sure who pissed in your cornflakes, but without the 3 "useless" fans, if I put a piece of paper on the back empty grill, it gets sucked down. With them, the paper gets blown off. It's pretty simple really.
I am also unaware of people claiming their case as old was a meme.

You can just remove the cmos battery and soak it in dish soap+water repeatedly until no oil remains.

Then put it in a fan oven at only slightly above ambient for a few hours.

Why do you have slow RAM with shitty timings?

Attached: 20180328_174715.jpg (2560x1440, 1.6M)

Your case is idiotic and you reasoning for still having it is dumb. Your 3 rear fans are pointless and your delusional thinking they are helping anything in the case aside from causing more dust build up to be created. You'll be better off just blocking off the rear grill so dust stop falling into your case and putting a push/pull on your rad. Think smart not dumb.

Slow RAM? The number shown is half of operating speed because on of the "D"s in DDR stands for double. So its 4266MHz RAM. And as far as the timings, all G-Skill Trident RAM at that speed has those timing. I didn't get the RGB version because reasons, and I removed the shitty looking piece of colored plastic

Attached: RAM.png (581x781, 948K)

Right ya. I don't care about dust falling in, it's minimal, I care about dust being sucked in. I blow it out about once a month anyways. Sorry other peoples PC choices gets your jimmies so rustled. Stay cool brother.

Whats the point of that board if you're only running at 5.1ghz and cucking yourself with 2 ram slots?
>ROG Maximus X Apex is built to break records — and it's already done just that. With its optimized layout and ability to withstand cryogenic temperatures, Apex has already scored 9 global first-places and set a CPU frequency world record* of 7.3GHz on all six cores of the Intel Core i7-8700K. That's a staggering 97.3% overclock of the chip‘s default 3.7GHz frequency!

I intend to use it for living room VR, and there is a m.2 500gb evo 960 ssd on the motherboard, I'll probably move the WD drive to the backplate when I install another 2.5 ssd

5.1 is perfectly adequate for running 24/7. I have gone higher for testing. And 7.3 is liquid nitrogen Territory. I could go higher for 24/7 speeds if I delid and maybe go back to custom loops. But I don't want to.

I like seeing color schemes that don't just rely on RGB.

>sli
>current year
kek

So you spend over $300 on a board with only 2 ram slots and no wifi that is mean't for high overclocking and don't bother to use it for what its mean't for? You're an idiot. You'd been better off with the z370e instead and saved yourself half the money.

Won't you get any problem by removing this plastic? I have a g.skill too with a fucking orange plastic, it was the only avaiable at that time for ryzen. Maybe I remove mine too.

I'd just paint it black if I was you or a color of your choice.

The jealousy is strong with this one. Do you live with this mentality in all aspects of your life? You never buy anything nice? Only the most basic items that suit your needs? Never once in your life have you treated yourself on a splurge? Truly a sad life.

Jesus your autism. Looks like I hit a nerve there kid. Mad your build is shit? Go ride your case around town and show off how your >ROG Maximus X Apex is built to break records

It comes of easy. They aren't even glued on. Just stick a finger nail or a knife blade inbetween the plastic and fins. And rote the plastic counter clock wise. Pops right off. I like the look of them without it.

Want to build something new but this runs everything fine.
32gb of ram

Attached: guts.jpg (3024x2268, 2.61M)

>Gentle Typhoons
Good choice, I have them but they aren't PWM so I'm not using them.

>2 DIMM slots

Yeah i got that one like 4 years ago and it's still going strong, the rest of the fans are nanoxia that came with the case.

>. So its 4266MHz RAM.
Nope. It's 4366 MT/s aka 2133MHz RAM

Ayyy buddy.

You sure this wouldn't kill the mobo?

"G.Skill's kit sports timings set at 19-23-23-43. There is no mention of the voltage requirement, but as a point of reference, G.Skill's 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-4266 Trident Z RGB memory kit uses 1.4V. "

Attached: IMG-20180518-WA0001.jpg (1600x900, 172K)

Its hard to kill electronics when its not under power, if there is no electricity present then you can soak it, but you should wait until it completly dries before plugging it back in

Replace the fans with the AP-29

Z170 + 8700K

Attached: 13247509457687.png (1437x874, 369K)

I hate intels jew bullshit so fucking much.

I wonder how pissed they are that you could overclock the old 1366 xeons via bclk.. They can perform like a new high/midrange cpu almost 10 years later.

Attached: guts.jpg (1603x1603, 803K)

Really want to get an AIO for the meme. Plus another SSD.
Is it just me or all your cards are sagging?

Attached: toasterspec.jpg (1516x1548, 693K)

Only the soundcard at the bottom is sagging, because of the copper coilwhine shield plates weight.

The gpu is bending due to tightening the block too hard without a backplate, and the ethernet card is just under tension from the case (I think its alittle bent or worped or something, its old and has been cut and modded a bit.)

Pls dont go AIO, the phanteks is so sweet lookin in black. Also I dont know how much benefit you really whould get unless you got a higher quality one with a good block/pump and a decent rad.

I'm no AIO expert, but I have the same phanteks cooler, and its very good.

Very nice rig btw, clean as fug. Very sane hw choices too.
Any oc on the i7?

You've put your processor cooler in wrong direction...