Are there any Jow Forums-approved scripting languages? PHP, Ruby, Python, JavaScript, etc

Are there any Jow Forums-approved scripting languages? PHP, Ruby, Python, JavaScript, etc

Attached: pragmatism.jpg (904x1280, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Write app in cpp Android
npmjs.com/package/table
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lisp

C

Whatever Jow Forums hates, use that. It's probably the only languages that will have jobs available.

Use node

lisp is great to know but a meme in actual production because nobody fucking knows it

correct

Attached: 1498169552431.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

Modern ECMAScript can be pretty fun, unless you're using tools that people normally use for it. NPM is pure cancer.

JavaScript = cancer

Attached: NXd3vZ1.jpg (1280x649, 90K)

>tfw I could use python to solve problem in 1 hour importing a few libraries but I prefer wasting a few more hours implementing the same shit in lisp
It dis autism?

Attached: 1465320439460.jpg (419x419, 152K)

Based Brother Eich. Amen.

Christianity confirmed for the JavaScript of modern religions. What will you convert to, Jow Forums?

The true reason why Eich was persecuted for his personal beliefs.

Are you:
hypersensitive to physical contact?
Have abnormal body posture or facial expressions?
Avoid eye contact or can't keep it?
Your behaviour is disturbing?
Looks like everyone is talking too smart around you?
Everyone hates listening to your voice?
Do you ask girls in public place to show bobs and vagenes?
No? You're not autistic. Just a faggot who wanna be special.

Attached: 1516800942994.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

Nodejs and python are the only two languages you need in the current year.

>Use node
This

This

Of course.

PowerShell.

Jow Forums knows nothing about programming, so it will say that all are shit. Every language is shit for Jow Forums.

L U A

Using subpar things for being popular just makes the problem worse.

Python. Don't fall for the JavaScript meme. Python does dynamic typing the right way, and it's a swiss army knife for all sorts of random hacking

Lua. Nothing else. Fastest interpreted language, fastest JIT, lowest memory footprint, simplest non esoteric language with standard syntax, best integration with C and C++, terra, metalua, torch, etc, etc.

Python and Bash.

haskell

LUA is a shit invented by Hispanic 3rd world shithole monkeys.

C is the white man choice.

perl and bash

Anything with a hindley-milner type system.

PostScript

C isnt a scripting language amerimutt. And he doesn't look that Hispanic to me.

Attached: Robert_Ierusalimschy_at_the_Lua_Workshop_2013.jpg (1117x1202, 138K)

Depends what you're using them for. Python is great at a wide rang of things.
PHP isn't going anywhere and is definitely worth having some experience in. Laravel is a really nice framework too.

Ruby seems to be overshadowed by other languages but at least having some basic understanding of Rails can't hurt.

JavaScript is increasingly ubiqutious and as much as I really hate it, it's probably the future.

JS is dead. In the future all code will be compiled to WASM.

This. Nobody actually writes javascript now that decent transpilers exist for most languages and WASM is superior in every way.

>Brazil only contribution to the modern world
>just another white boy
Hue

How so? I'm neutral on the subject and I get that wasm will be REALLY fast, but it's gonna be slower to develop for, as I'm assuming there not going to be any garbage collection or interpreters, so developing for the web will be harder and slower, and for 90% of web stuff the trade-off between runtime speed for development speed isn't going to be worth it.

Haskell

Perl, fuck python

>notice the hand rubbing & his surname

Robert (((Jerusalim)))schy

Attached: hand rubbing.jpg (259x194, 4K)

Stop noticing things goy.

This is exactly why node is harmful.

unironically this

If you are running Windows
Unironically this

You can import .NET objects and methods directly into your script

Python, unironically. I haven't written a shell script in months.
Jow Forums is known for autistically sperging over it, but that's because the simple concept of "using the right tool for the job" seems unable to penetrate their little minds.
It may suck for performance and so on, but it's excellent for automating tasks.

>i have asperger's: the post

>Python
Been a dev for 10 years. Nothing else comes close to striking the balance between ease of use, available resources, and popularity of application. Pycharm is also god-tier.

lua if you want a tiny embedded lang
python if you want a job
js if youre doing mostly frontend work and want to play with a backend occasionally
perl if you cling to the 90s
powershell if you're on windows
bash if applicable
Ruby if you're maintaining legacy ruby app
PHP if you're maintaining a webpage written in it
lisp if you use emacs

What useful scripts do you use in your everyday live?

Adding my this

At work i maintain an array of MSBuild, perl, powershell scripts that run the infrastructure and build/CI server.
At home i use powershell to automate a bunch of shit (backups, media conversion, etc) and javascript to knock up small prototypes, especially if they're interactive.
I've used lua in a few C / C++ projects that needed embedded scripting, but thats not really everyday stuff.

Most popular scripting languages have a niche, and i don't think most other languages fill the niche of misc/shell scripting as good as powershell/bash.

life* fuck my english...

So Is the only Brazilian to invent something actually a (((Kike)))?

Attached: images(6).jpg (679x452, 14K)

Python is fine for that but I hate that the language is eating everything. Just like shell languages its powerful but big and bloated and slow. No one would use bash to make a web browser, but lately I've been using one written in python. A lot of my favorite projects have moved over to python just cause it's so widely known. And that's pretty sad.

how do i compile my python program?

Did you expect our negro or indio population to do something impressive? They have average IQ similar to other savages 70-80, not sufficient brain power to make many geniuses per generation, usually none. All Brazilian innovation happens here in the south with our majority German and Italian population with a sprinkle of Lebanese and Jews. Without the south Huezil would be worse than Venezuela easily, probably close to Haiti-tier savagery. Try a flavela guide some time xD

You don't. Just run
python filename.py

what if i want to make a self contained program that will run on a machine that doesnt have python installed?

You're the retard here if you use loose equality operator.

As in actual use or still in development?

Also, kek'd at filename.

so python

Just a few decades ahead of the rest of the West.

Java??? I mean how else will you produce those android games

Programming newbie here
Tried learning VB6 @ 14, procrastinated and now at 27 I'm finally going to begin learning programming starting with Python.
Is this a good start?
I keep reading that it's really easy and good for beginners but I don't want to spend a significant amount of time on this if it will end up being an afterthought.

Bash

python is one of the most used languages, under no circumstance it's a bad idea to learn it.

Top Tier
>Bash
>Powershell
>Python
>JS

Niche but Acceptable Tier
>Ruby
>Perl
>Lua

Shit Tier
>Everything Else

>under no circumstance it's a bad idea to learn it.

Did you mean that under no circumstance is it a bad idea or that it is a bad idea?
Btw I just looked up entry level jobs near me and it starts at fucking goddamn $60,000 a year ... that is fucking mind-blowing to me considering I'm a former hikikomori and a NEET.
Holy shit why the fuck wasn't I doing this all these years?
I hate myself even more now.

Ruby is absolutely magnificent. If programmer quality of life was a factor in development, it would be a very popular language. Unfortunately it's not so Python is everywhere instead.
>t. butthurt ex-Rubyist and current Pythonist and JSfag

I want to make a python program for monitoring and configuring my file server (nfs, mdadm, debian). Something like how FreeNAS or NAS4Free has a web interface, but much much simpler. My file server itself does not have a GUI installed, nor will it. I want to monitor things like SMART status, mdadm RAID health, etc from a separate computer. Also a few buttons to start diagnostics and show their progress. Some graphs would probably be nice

I am extremely new to programming and Python. I was originally planning on using Tkinter, so the program would SSH into the file server and interact that way. However, I am thinking a web interface may make more sense. If I go with a web interface, what gui/framework should I use? Ease of use is the primary concern here; this is literally going to be my first attempt at programming since BASIC. Thoughts on if I should use Tkinter or a web interface are greatly appreciated, and what gui/framework if going with the web interface. Other potential options are an ncurses interface. I think the *easiest* route may just be Tkinter but any thoughts appreciated

Beginners think language choice matters more than it does. Just learn anything popular and be willing to try new programming languages when there's an opportunity.

I'm sorry for my english lol, I just meant that it's a really good idea to learn it

True, but I'd still err on the side of starting with something widely used if for no other reason than the resources you miss out on otherwise.

Python is the only reasonable choice for a general-purpose interpreted language today.

Sadly true.

Lua. It's the C of scripting languages.

Tcl.
it's like lisp, but actually practical and used in the real world.

Whatever ad hoc dynamic weak loose string based garbage your place uses. See Have fun with PHP4

Also compare for other shit-tier choices with actual arguments agains them:

Tcl

damn, this shit is just like distros, everyone wants to differentiate themselves from others by what language they choose

anyone?

Not even a statically typed language? Please kys

Lua > JavaScript

Submit to the Lua God.

Ok seriously. I love the lang the the syntax is shit. Use curly brackets please.

>JS
>Top Tier

Html

>implying

There's literally nothing wrong with Python.

You know that you can make cpp apps on Android right?

No statically typed languages? Get a real job and kys.

true

>you know you can measure your body temp through your asshole right?

This is the most wtf thing I’ve read all day.

there are more and more people getting used to lisp because of clojure.

Curly brackets are used by tables. There aren't any extra symbols left on a standard keyboard.

ummm c uses curly brackets for arrays and chunks of code. JavaScript similarly. Seriously, it's not like it cannot be both. Seriously, do you know anything about making grammars?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Write app in cpp Android

then you install python

Lua

But I use JS desu. Mostly because I use it daily and npm has anything I would ever need and more.

>hmmm how to pad the left of this string
>require('left-pad')
>:)

Or you can just use String.prototype.padStart()

Padding strings is not really that useful per se, but things like colors library or npmjs.com/package/table can really improve readability with little effort. And you can find similar packages ones for pretty much anything.