Who else is still using windows 7

who else is still using windows 7

Attached: 1521000065458.jpg (1080x720, 42K)

me

>install Win 10 for free and use it for apprx. 2 weeks
>black screen upon logging in
>no one knows how to fix it because the OS is new
>privacy concerns become a thing

I said fuck it and went back to 7. Not being able to turn off transparency was also a contributing factor.

I do but only for gaming and visual studio code

vscode is cross platform
Stop gayming

I am at work. I got hired when the last guy up and left, and they never bothered to update to Windows 10. They don't want to pay for a key, and I don't care enough to install it anyways.

It's alright. Kinda overrated in my opinion.

Windows 7 master race reporting.
Any macfags, androitards or linuxcucks wanna suck my 9" limp dick?
Posting this from my phone btw.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesFWNWKUUV.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Just recently upgraded to Windows 10 because Windows 7 GPU drivers for AMD are shit. Keep crashing my whole system trying to play FFXIV. No issues now.

No, LTSB 2016 is better in every way.

>tfw have to run Windows because I need a single proprietary program for work that refuses to work with Wine and has shitty performance in VMs

I fucking hate MS. At least Windows 7 doesn't give be any headaches and "just works", to be fair. But the freedom-lover inside me can't help but feel absolutely_proprietary.jpg

Attached: shirou and saber.jpg (323x455, 21K)

I do!

Attached: 1526284770697.png (490x428, 28K)

i love windows

Based

You know, I don't believe your dick size in the slightest, but I'm a gay homo faggot, so any dick is good dick.

>Stop gayming
Tell that to the military

You're in the internet, what freedom do you expect here?
W7 is a fair OS that honestly for everday use 'just werks' and is pretty comfy.
Wake up, sheeple.

>You're in the internet, what freedom do you expect here?
my computer isn't the internet, user

>W7 is a fair OS that honestly for everday use 'just werks' and is pretty comfy.
that has nothing to do with license, user

Attached: Oath.jpg (840x1200, 91K)

ill stop gaming the day you stop watching animay

I dual boot win7 with Mint. I use windows for gayming, works a treat. My experience with 10 was shit and I hated everything about it.

I've never used win7, what am I missing?

Nope went to 10.

Attached: Capture.jpg (2560x1440, 411K)

its strange my experiance with win 10 as a normie user is great. the only issue Ive has is some windows update not installing properly (it just keeps looping) but i use WUB's anyway so dont care about updates.

>it just werks

I use Windows 10 on my gaymen box and it sucks ass. Linux may be broken shit, but it's fun broken shit that caters to personal preferences.

>fresh install on SSD
>explorer crashing
>5 seconds for the start menu to load
>10 seconds for control panel to load
>game performance was cut in half
>applications crashing

This was in 2016 with my 2600k build. I have since then tried it again this year and had none of these issues, but I still hate all the nagging it does, two control panels and telemetry.

Still using Win7 in my office. I'm only using Win10 at home but it has become such a pain in the ass, I might go back to wWin7

I used to love CTE, haven't been a fan of their recent stuff tho.

That wallpaper (or it could be the foobar "rice") and willingly jumping to windows 10

Attached: 1526648649535.jpg (1024x752, 93K)

You could of just asked for the wallpaper.

Attached: 1523950160449.png (3840x2160, 3.95M)

i have it dual booted on my mac

I don't want your gay faggot wallpaper

I use it at work
but I will not touch that shit at home.

If you say so user. I won't tell anyone.

Attached: 1526439086680.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Ye, but only because I've been using it for like a decade and am afraid of change

How2rice foobar like that?

last week i was running a some sort of SSD optimised defrag and it nuked my 2009 win 7 from orbit and could not be repaired

i decided to buy a new soundcard instead of the firewire POS that was tying me win 7 and now all my machines are debian... took a big hit with audio software and i hate pulse but its for the best.

it was starting to act a bit clunky and security was a concern. I have a win 10 ltsb VM now and i still might consider a seperate airgapped 7 install just for audio production..at least linux has renoise

Just transparency

Attached: upture.jpg (751x555, 78K)

>Home version
>Being on the Semi-annual(Targeted) branch

Thanks

But you can turn off transparency, and ive never heard,of that bug

Is it fair game at this point to call anyone on:
>anything older than win 8
>any linux distro
>any other such shit

an operatingsystemlet.

(You)

>an operatingsystemlet.
why not oslet

Typical windows 10 shilling moron isn't smart enough to think of that

I am, because Win10 is a shitty ecosystem and nothing I do requires DX12.
I got paid a few hundred bucks to set up a couple Surface Pro's in 2 days; day 1 was a lot of troubleshooting and figuring out Win10, and day 2 replicating the results on the second laptop (tablet?).
Basically I learned you have to jump through extra hoops left and right to do the same things you can do on Win7, such as fucking with group policies and doing registry tweaks. Turned me off in general. I agree with the "does it want to be a computer or a tablet?" argument in that it combines the worst of both worlds instead of the best of both worlds.

Attached: yeehaw.png (494x444, 23K)

Windows 7 fo lyf

youre cute OP, when did you start transitioning?

>Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. MFW thinking of you hurting.

qt :3

People who can't press power button

Almost everyone in my office because the sysadmin is an aging idiot out of touch with current tech

>YOU HAVE EIGHT GB VIDEO RAM? IMPOSSIBLE

>Start new job
>Get a Windows 7 desktop
>Join the work's "organization"
>Organization admin has inexplicably disabled Windows Update for all users (inc admins)
>Can't download free update to Windows 10
>Can't download security updates
>mfw stuck in Windows 7 forever

Attached: Pep.jpg (1170x850, 82K)

>using outdated abandonware because you're too braindead to configure Windows 10 or GNU/+Linux

Why would you ever press the power button?

>Won't install on some new hardware.
I would otherwise. Still have it on my T410

feel the same bro i got new job with a mac that had win 7 in parralells... and i hate mac os..

Dual booting with Void Linux.
I'm currently working towards buying a 2700x based PC in ~2 months and am preparing a Win7 iso for it, slimmed down etc.

Tried Win10 for like 3 days, but it kept BSODing.
I'll avoid it as long as i can.
>cousin and his gf have win10 on the exact same hardware/peripherals
>he gets BSODs once in a while due GPU
>she get's kicked out of games once in a while due to unknown reasons
>win10

Attached: 1526694447183.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Nothing, it's just a meme. Windows 8.1 one is the champ and the last Windows I'll ever use.

>uTorrent 3.5.3
This is bait.

Attached: 14878341467.png (625x626, 55K)

yeh
filesystems are ass though

Installed win10 on release and went back to windows 7 in a few weeks, too buggy and inconsistent, turning off auto updates was a pain and looked pretty shit.
One of the worse bugs that was the deciding factor for me was that my start menu database got corrupted somehow and apparently there was no way to restore it without reinstalling windows since it happened before the first restore point creation. Opening the start menu resulted in a bsod about 50% of the time. I "fixed" it by deleting the db but start menu just didn't open then.

So yea, not gonna move from Win7, the newer ones don't really have any useful features anyways.

Windows 7 pro license is still available here.
Best for small business, no botnet, no forced update. Just a machine with ssd and booting time will be fixed too.

I'm,the only downside is I can't play game that require dx12 meme
One day I will upgrade I think.

My "gaming" desktop still had Win7 on it, I don't really game much anymore, just the occasional TF2 game.. I have a couple of laptops for work and leisure that run a couple different distros.

Attached: 1520498560848.jpg (900x678, 76K)

My father.

He's 60 and have 2 antiviruses installed.

our entire organization

Running 7 N edition with vlmcsd to activate on my debian server. Ad-Blocking done via Pi-Hole. Maximum comfy. Office 2010 also.

my grandma, a luddite i know, and my local vet clinic's exam room computer.

been thinking about switching from w10 to w7, i really don't care anything other playing some new vg from time to time, would it affect me?
i have linux dual boot, osx work laptop and win10 is awful.

i have it on all my twelve devices

"free"

Windows 7 platform update - yay or nay? Will it help with gayms?

Except driver compatibility.

Just use Enterprise, disable all the shit that you can disable, and make sure you're on the extended upgrade cycle so you don't get fucked by updates as much as the average pleb. You can also disable automatic installing of Windows updates so you don't get fucked waiting for updates on Microsoft's whim (mostly).

Seriously, LTSB is a bad meme, it's just an outdated version of Enterprise without a straightforward upgrade path and no Windows Store installed. Everything else is exactly the same.

LTSB is the Windows 10 equivalent of that Windows XP POSready thing.

>would it affect me?
Do you have a modern CPU? Ryzen? Modern UEFI motherboard? Then quite possibly, yes. Stability, updates and driver issues. Most can be worked around -- if you don't mind applying patches to your system from dubious sources. Windows 8.1 has the same problem, though at least it fully supports UEFI, NVMe, etc. Microsoft couldn't care less.

One option, if you can handle it and have the right hardware, is to install Linux as your daily driver OS, use integrated graphics or a low power video card with the Linux desktop (the Ryzen G chips are nice here), and a dedicated graphics card with PCIe passthrough to a Windows 10 virtual machine for gaming. But the issues getting that shit to work reliably are immense. Very hardware and configuration-sensitive.

It's much easier to just dualboot, though a PITA of its own since neither Windows or Linux has the ability to restart while being able to resume a session (hibernation et al necessarily power down). Keep in mind you are likely going to end up using both OSes for the same purposes at some point due to sheer convenience, and that will inevitably become an inconvenience when you need something that's on the other OS and have to switch. Then there's shit like filesystem security you'll need to handle if you want to share disks across OSes.

Really depends on how patient you are.

Used widows 8.1 for a year and a half. Just two weeks ago I took my ssd out of my laptop and installed geniune w7 ultimate on it for my desktop. I couldn't be any happier with my PC right now.

The only thing that's make me more happy is if my new ram would work.

Why would I use Win 7? Every time I go to Jow Forums I get a picture of St. Ignucius and it gives me hard on every time. I only use FOSS software and it's the only software anyone should need.