Just made the switch from a 1080p 144hz TN meme monitor to 1440p IPS monitor

>just made the switch from a 1080p 144hz TN meme monitor to 1440p IPS monitor
Holy shit I have seen the light. I am so sorry I doubted you, Jow Forums.

Attached: 1463247358793.png (3840x2160, 39K)

you will only know true enlightenment from a 1440p 165hz gsync/freesync IPS panel

I too went from 24" 144hz tn to a 27" 1440p ips and can't really complain. The image quality is just so much nicer.

I have a good 1080p IPS monitor. I would upgrade but I don't want to be bothered by scaling problems. 1440p probably will be my next monitor though, but that's not for a long time. Thank you for reading my diary entry. ily

I have a 1080p IPS monitor and I am happy with it. My next monitor purchase will be the same resolution, I just need to settle on what DPI/PPI and variable refresh rate technology I want. This monitor has 106 ppi and I am pretty happy with it.

Same person. Anyone else notice on old lcd monitors how having a low dpi makes the image quality bad? It almost looks as if the monitor is set to the wrong resolution. Maybe this doesn't happen to IPS screens. I want crisp pixels.

Bad subpixel array.
Likely the colors are in a strange order/shape, and there will be large gaps between the pixels.
IPS doesn't change this, but all modern panels have better subpixel arrays, including lower DPI panels.

i'm not putting 2k on a monitor.

Currently have a 1080p monitor I want to eventually replace.

When the next generation consoles come out I'm thinking of something like a 30" 4k. Will hooking my laptop up to it cause issues, though?

Attached: gWSLraz.jpg (687x612, 55K)

What you have a 1080p laptop and you're going to buy a ps5 + pc monitor?

try $600

I've got a laptop. I like to plug it into a 1080p monitor and treat it like a dual-display desktop. Unplug it when I need to travel. It's comfy.

I also plug my gaming consoles into it. If next gen consoles are doing 4k, ill want a 4k display, but I hear about massive scaling issues with 4k computing.

768p Master Race reporting here.

Attached: d52.jpg (231x244, 8K)

You can always just change the scaling on the 4k display. It should only affect the 4k display and only when you have your laptop plugged into it.

there isn't massive scaling issues with 4k
the problem comes from not being able to push enough frames consistently(likely an issue if you are gaming on a laptop)
and early 4k monitors had issues due to the lack of cable bandwidth

Windows issues perhaps.
I'd say either get a 4k hdr tv thats larger than 40" thats going to give you a nice anime viewing experience or a 27" 1440p pc monitor.

1440p at 25inches is where it's at. Hits the desktop usable limit at ~120dpi. A lot of people complain about it being too small, but I think they're sitting a little too far from the screen or have bad eyes.

Unless they fix scaling, I'm probably going to skip 4k like I did with 1080p. If a 4k screen is scaled to 1080 then there's no point especially if I want it for the extra usable space. Games are a pleasant side effect.

you must be literally blind or sitting 3+ feet away from your monitor for 4k to need 200% scaling at 27". I have bad eyesight and still only need 125% scaling for 4k 27", sitting about 1.5' away from the screen

I have other problems with scaling though. I could probably use 4k 27inch just fine. But there are so many programs out there whose UI just shits the bed when it comes to scaling. But in those cases the 200% scale probably also fucks up. (I also don't want to buy another monitor for years)

> I went from a shitty monitor with one gimmick to a shitty monitor with another gimmick
fix'd

>I don't want to be bothered by scaling problems
1440p has no scaling problems, you can run it at 100% just fine if the screen is at least 27"

>Switch from 144Hz 1080p TN to 144Hz 1440p TN
>Put an ultrasharp IPS next to it
>TN is the primary monitor so it doesn't matter
>Only noticeable difference n IQ is the blacks and contrast in certain situations (Hitman)
You just had a garbage TN

enjoying your no blacks and backlight bleed? nice

Here we go, a Jow Forums thread with hundreds of replies about how TN/IPS/OLED screens are all shit. Everything is shit. Always the same everytime.