He programs in GO

>he programs in GO

Attached: 1495314358756.png (300x441, 22K)

/thread

Wait I don't even get it also could some explain the t. meme? What does the t. stand for?

>t. newfag

Golang is the one language that I found absolutely retarded

this is OP the fact you wasted time to find the image and make this post is just sad

Attached: thumb.png (800x450, 359K)

There are regular subroutines, and there are Go routines. You as the programmer specify which can be go routines. They are useful because they allow separate user sessions to share the same subroutines between them, which means you don't have to create new threads as often. This allows you to have a higher number of users on your server. Its a fantastic idea.

It just works.

>a language that just tries to streamline old ideas instead of hacking together a bunch of memey bullshit like all the other nulangs
dont see the issue.

Which is it?

Attached: go.png (331x217, 35K)

Sorry, I just loved it the first time I saw this shitpost a few months ago

It doesn't streamline new ideas, it just ignores them. It's garbage collected C with modestly less ugly syntax.
Pike himself freely admits that Go is meant to be used by idiots.

>It's garbage collected C with modestly less ugly syntax.
Well then what would you call Python, NodeJS, Clojure, PHP and all the other god damn web backend shit?

Go is objectively the best backend language

You think Python is garbage collected C?

Rust will kill it once async and futures become first class.

>no generics
>if err != nil { return nil, err }
>"objectively the best"

You have no life, bro

Attached: image.jpg (1600x674, 180K)

nigger, it took 5 minutes to find it

ancient meme

Attached: 1523988884016.png (1264x1532, 250K)

Yeah cause i get paid for it. It's a pretty good language if you stay within its domain.

>not using C exclusively
Retards.

itt: a buch of neets that have never actually worked in the industry

I'm not even backend, but everyone in fucking sf/bay area uses go, it's where the money is at

Attached: wojak.png (680x574, 127K)

F'real? That's pretty much the only reason I see to learn a language. I just graduated and starting fucking around with Haskell for fun, but learning a marketable language is probably smarter. K O T L I N anyone?

>S C A L A

It's comfy to use and if I had dumb coworkers I'd rather have to read/maintain/integrate with their go rather than their anything else
It makes no sense to use it for anything more than backends but for that it's great

>but everyone in fucking sf/bay area uses go
fake news

Pinterest, Google, Uber, Shopify, Lyft, Groupon,

Just of the top of my mind, stfu if you don't know

t. retard

they all also use JavaScript, so STFU

I like go because Geth, but that's really the only reason I'd ever touch it

>t.
I asked it on /wsr/ once
Someone answered that it's a greeting Norwegians or Finnish (can't remember) use on letters (something like "best regards") and somehow it became a meme
It's silly really

N O A N D R O I D S U P P O R T
N O J E T B R A I N S

don't waste your time in Scala nor haskell, heck not even kotlin.

Want something similar that is actually useful and with good pay rank? Swift.

Swift, Android in Java, Objective C, ReactJs, Pythong, Go

No one will hire "just a front end", they hire "Software Engineer", meaning you need to be full stack, everyone can do javascript , it's nothing special

The closest is being Mobile devs, which mean they can switch you between iOS and Android.

javascript isn't restricted to frontend, in fact modern Mobile and desktop development is based on javascript

Does that make he a GOPROgrammer?

> what are interfaces
> nothing really bad about error handling
you are just retarded

you fell into the react native/ionic meme?

Everyone is doing native, they were doing native on mobile in 2010, they were doing native on 2015, and they will be doing native in 2020

No one cares about your javascript based mobile apps, and sure I give you the fact that everything is javascript in desktop, fucking electron has done that

And to your point, you can do backend in Swift, my whole point is that you'll be writing code in whatever the company you get hired uses, they will not give you the option to write in what you like, but what they use. And that is in a lot of companies. Go.

Both.

>using anything created by Jewgle

that's why you're NEET

> he thinks using ionic and js is a bad thing

Do you want to write 3 code bases (IOS, windows & android) for one project ?

>you don't do what i like so you must be a NEET

Ether you like it or not, people are doing backed in go, and writing apps in native code , not shitty js apps

That's why teams exist, shared libraries, shared architectures, how do you think Google or Uber does it?

Most people don't work in a 5000 strong team of developers, E.G be me

> solo it guy
> Spends most of the year doing web dev
> "hey user, make us app that does xyz"
> start in java
> hate java
> learn about ionic / cordova
> "hey boss that app will be ready in a month"
> Expect another 5k pay rise next year

Learn to make things happen user not to be technically superior all the time (unless you have the resources)

>Ether you like it or not, people are doing backed in go, and writing apps in native code , not shitty js apps

fake news again

it's a finn meme