Does Jow Forums know how to touch type?

Attached: XmCdENj.png (1684x1191, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keybr.com/
typingclub.com/
rbt.asia/g/thread/65859624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Touch Type Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Press The Keys Like Nigga Use Your Hands Haha

>2012 wants you back

nope

Jow Forums is too dumb for shit like dat

yes
boomer

do you paint your nails like a fag

>no fun allowed

Who the fuck types like that?

>started learning in school how to touch type
>at that point the school abandons the touch type curriculum
>never learned because nobody was being taught
How do I learn Jow Forums?

keybr.com/

memes never die

no
no

you'll die eventually

me except i use my ring fingers for a few more keys because my pinkies are short

pic or didn't happen

i'm not pathetic to the point where i would have to prove myself online

same

tqa u an a ptretty hgppd youvj yupost

death is a meme

this is my favorite site, start slow but eventually you will get use to it (if you are not a lazy faggot ofc)

opps
typingclub.com/

No, but I seem to do fine without it.

Attached: typing speed.png (581x146, 33K)

>touch type
How else would you type? Telekinesis?

What the fuck does it mean to touch type?

are you too retarded to do a simple google search you stupid piece of shit?

Mostly. I touch type best on my Unicomp because of how the keys are spread out, and I find myself misstyping more on cramped laptop keyboards.

Do my fingers stay in their proper positions all the time? No.

>touch type
>literally how anyone types other than actual boomers who are bad with technology
Why the fuck isn't it called 'typing like a normal person'

>LGBT keyboard
kys faggot

yeah at like 60-70 wpm.

>there are people on Jow Forums that don't know how to touch type
it's acquired after you use computers for a long enough period of time. it's not something that you should have to "learn".

Attached: madman laughing.gif (300x219, 2.53M)

Death is for normies

I can, and I'm better at it than I thought, but the second I stop making a conscious effort to do so, I revert to typing like a retard.

You can learn the key layouts and their positions by memory and continual use but optimal positioning basics are something you need taught.
I best most of Jow Forums don't even know what the notch on their F and J keys are for

"optimal positioning" is a meme.
home row doesn't matter, you can type fast any way you want with enough experience.

proof

Attached: file.png (292x393, 31K)

keybr.com/
Could local fast typers try themselves there and report results? I need to know how high to aim.
BUT you need to use all the letters + punctuation signs, see pic related.

Attached: settings.png (1314x666, 114K)

Define touch typing. Do you mean not looking at the keyboard, or using the home row? If the former, yes. If the latter, no.

80WPM
No excuse for not knowing how to as a nonboomer

Not looking at your keyboard. Who gives a fuck where your hands rest if it werks

how am i doing, Jow Forums?

Attached: masterkeyboarddeluxe.jpg (956x149, 71K)

I do touch type but I no home row bullshit, so I go by my own rules. How I learned? I just simply decided that I won't look at the keyboard anymore. I knew where the keys were and simply I just corrected myself when I did typos. Just look at the screen and correct the typos. If you type a lot you can learn it in a month or two.

I can only touch type with the highest accuracy if I am both drunk and high. Anyone else the same on substances (other than uppers?)

I learned the basics at some point but eventually I sort of subconciously blended in the way I used to type before.
Now it's some sort of mix of my old style and touch typing that makes it a pain in the ass to type on a keyboard I'm not familiar with, but on a keyboard I'm used to I can easily get around 100-110WPM.

Attached: are_you_serious_4f0385d79ee35_1024x1024.png (600x800, 200K)

problem? xD

Attached: file.png (800x450, 147K)

>there are people who have to look at their hands to type
What the fuck? This can't be real. How the hell do you use a computer all damn day but never learn how to type without looking at your hands?

I've legitimately had employers refuse me for not using the home row despite having pic related.

Attached: euy.png (289x304, 13K)

>all these >100 wpm typers out here while i'm stuck being a sub90 pleb for years.
What the fuck do I do? I feel like my fingers are going to break if I try typing faster. It's been always like this.
This was my thread btw: rbt.asia/g/thread/65859624

Attached: .png (485x443, 22K)

47 wpm using all punctuation marks and capital letters. 94 without anything special.

Do it with all punctuation and capitals and see where it goes.

I just use freestyle. I'm fast enough.

I can touch type but I have way too much hand movement and practically never use my ring finger.

Might sit down one day and learn properly.

fff jjj ddd kkk

Of course I know how to touch type.
Until Microsoft offers use the Windows NeuralJack 2027, it's the fastest and easiest way to stick text into a computer.

Already do habitually.

I know Americans who have lived in Europe for decades and still only speak English.
It's that kind of person with keyboards too.

I know that feel.
I too am a 90-wpm typist.
Be happy with what you have.
At least you can touch type.
Now join us in /mkg/ to make your life complete.

my grandson wont tell me what the tab button does

Attached: F56HFF.png (1742x1290, 116K)

Actually, non-touch typists usually have really weird three- and four-finger typing methods.
They'd be fun to map, but these people aren't awawre of what they do either.

>Now join us in /mkg/ to make your life complete.
I did have a razer keyboard with blue switches but it was unnecessarily loud and I had to sell them and switch back to my old chinkshit membrane keyboard which i'm very happy with.

Just FYI, maybe those chink membrane keys are what is holding you back from topping out over 100 WPM.

I doubt it, I don't see the appeal of mechanical keys, when I had the mechanical kb I didn't really feel any improvement it just feels a tad bit better to type but I was probably slower if anything, because of how much I'm used to membrane keys.

how do you label yourself with wpm? i've topped out at 135 on a few recent runs. can i claim i type at 135wpm with a clear conscience even though my average is going to be far lower

Most of them don't use the right shift button

I have been programming for 10 years. I have a friend that plays online games all day. Guess which of us touch types.

Yep. You use the speed tester and get to claim the high score. Even if you normally type at a relaxed speed, you can claim the top speed as a win.

Probably the gaymer.