Why I love Fedora, and you should too

Fedora is by far my favorite linux distro
tons and tons of support, not only on a normal but enterprise level as well
extremely long legacy
easy to use without being overly complicated
tons and tons of install options, you can do minimalist Fedora install, or you can do KDE with every additional software selected
Fedora Copr is a godsend

what do you think Jow Forums

Attached: fedora.png (650x650, 41K)

i think you're a fag

I tried for a few weeks and tried to like it. But dnf was slow as fuck, also my video drivers were quirky. I am using Tumbleweed and it feels OK.

zypper is fast and drivers are stable (for a rolling release, they are stable)

>Guh-Nome and Systemd testing ground

No thanks.

m'os

Fedora just werks in my system, other distros always have some obscure detail to work out.

Attached: 1479536820533.png (602x500, 33K)

>I'm a cuck

It's comfy on my T420. I like it.

Attached: f.jpg (1280x800, 253K)

>1280x800

Mint works perfectly on my system. All I've had to change was the theme.

Whenever I try to install Fedora, I get a kernel panic. Doesn't matter what system I use. Tried it on five different computers, including a Thinkpad.

Nvidia drivers that work

Why choose Fedora over Ubuntu? Honest question

I tried installing fedora (32 bit and 64 bit) on multiple computers and had the same problem every time. Everything was slow, Dnfdragora wouldn't even open, and every time I tried updating through the terminal it would break my wifi drivers. 0/10 experience wasted a couple days of my time.

I love it. If it's good enough for Linus Torvalds, it's good enough for me.

Has institutional backing from the only billion dollar open source backed company on the planet, and all of the latest technologies are developed on Fedora first.

The zfsonlinux developers also run Fedora, and as I depend on that filesystem it's nice to know bugs will get fixed for my system first

Bloatware

Working in a Red Hat environment so might as well go with the flow

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1526862488484.png (450x522, 414K)

> I love it. If it's good enough for Linus Torvalds, it's good enough for me.

Linus has now idea how shit works. You may think he's intelligent enough to install gentoo but in reality he even cant j.stall Debisn. Fedora us what worked on his macbook out if the box and that's the single reading he's using it.

Was this copypasta ever funny?

it isn't meant to be funny, it's friendly education

I used Fedora for a period of several months once, until it suddenly stopped updating. I had to migrate all my shit to an entirely new version. At that point I switched to Debian GNU/Linux and have never looked back.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as funny, is in fact, GNU/funny, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus funny. Funny is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "funny", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is funny, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Funny is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Funny is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with funny added, or GNU/funny. All the so-called "funny" distributions are really distributions of GNU/funny.