Current state of Linux tubers:

Current state of Linux tubers:
> Install distro in VM
> Distro A has nicer wallpapers than distro B so it's clearly better
>Now give me money
Are there any channels worth following?

Attached: linux_distros-561x420.png (561x420, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTLJyFG89TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

level1 linux

>Are there any channels worth following?

Nope; the written word is more efficient than video. Anyone with anything substantive to say will just use text.

Good point.

no, most channels try to produce a lot of content so they can get jewtube money, so you usually get one or two good videos every now and then and tons of shitty videos, maybe try following some of the most autistic channels like that guy that looks like the guy from the matrix, but even then it's a hit and miss.

Luke Smith is pretty good.

They're getting so hungry for money, like that Bryan Lunduke guy. He now posts short highlights vids on youtube and for rest you must pay.

>Linux.

most Linux streamers are passive aggressive soibois. Do not take them seriously.

are there any channels that go through and give reviews on distros and rank them on the prevalence of known bugs that are unfixed and difficulty of getting the distro from fresh install to working desktop environment?

like crashing on graphics drawing tablets, or having to manually configure and force composition pipeline's to fix screen tearing, or display breaking / artifacting on amd devices?

that are very specific questions. there's always google, ya know

>are there any channels that go through and give reviews on distros and rank them on the prevalence of known bugs that are unfixed and difficulty of getting the distro from fresh install to working desktop environment
That's a lot of work, so I'm guessing that there are none. Because, if you haven't noticed, most videos on Youtube from "content creators" are low effort trash.

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system “Linux” is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

Attached: 1507617228889.jpg (250x250, 93K)

It's actually called "Linux/GNU".

Luke is one of the few that isn't a blatant shill, and he doesn't talk about distros all that much. Mostly focuses on small misc tutorials or introductions on various software, terminal emulators, text editors, etc.

it's too late, I've already solved them myself, the thing is though that a lot of the "answers" are wrong. except the amd thing, haven't touched an amd pc in a couple years to need to know.
it would be nice to see someone reviewing distros and encouraging developers to fix their shit so the user doesn't have to.

don't forget expensive
>one higher spec amd machine + equally high spec intel/nvidia machine
>one low spec of each type too
>several graphics drawing tablets netbooks and proper laptops
>ssd's and hdd's for all the builds
>upgrades from time to time

It is right and proper to mention the principal contribution first. The GNU contribution to the system is not only bigger than Linux and prior to Linux, we actually started the whole activity.

In addition, “GNU/Linux” fits the fact that Linux is the lowest level of the system and GNU fills technically higher levels.

However, if you prefer to call the system “Linux/GNU”, that is a lot better than what people usually do, which is to omit GNU entirely and make it seem that the whole system is Linux.

Attached: 1406361538901.jpg (900x675, 298K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QTLJyFG89TA

linux is simply shorter and easier to say. gnu can be credited somewhere else, it doesn't have to be in the name.

Then it should be called X11/GNU/systemd/linux

so can you give an example of someone?

i've been wanting to start a youtube channel focused on linux in an attempt to spread the word, but I have no idea what people would want to see? What would you expect to see?

You installing gentoo.

i've done that in the past, also LFS(which was enjoyable but I would never do it more than once.)

the digits don't lie

It's actually "Lignux" you fucking idiot.

>linux is simply shorter and easier to say
>linux
>gnu
>5 letters
>3 letters
>2 syllables
>1 syllable
>5>3
>2>1
>being this brainded
no more mariguano for you senior

Distrotube is okay.