So who here is starting to hate tech and wants to move away from it?

so who here is starting to hate tech and wants to move away from it?

Attached: gnoo.png (480x360, 330K)

I like to think one day I'll make my final commit, sweep my desk into the trash, and go off fishing forever.

And fucking do what?
I can't shoot in my country so this is all there is.

Do it illegally. Your government doesnt respect your God given rights.

Exercise, spend more time with senpai, read books, ascend beyond PC/console, gpu, cpu and OS wars

Attached: think.png (898x790, 279K)

>I'll make my final commit, sweep my desk into the trash, and go off fishing forever.
That's a nice euphemism for "dying".

>Enjoying your life is dying

we're all dying mate, it's about the dance you do on your way into the casket.

It's not viable.
Guns are extremely fucking loud and even if I jerry rigged a P.A luty gun and made my own ammo from either match heads or mixed my own black powder and made a primer from ends I still couldn't fire it anywhere.
It's illegal to build or own a crossbow in Australia and you WILL go to jail if they find it.
I already exercise and fucked plenty of girls in my younger years. It's only momentary satisfaction and I can't stretch any of those things out to be entertaining in the long term.

Do you think us wasting our time on this board is anything but meaningless momentary satisfaction?

I kinda had to seriously limit my tech and Vidya after I had a kid

I'm eating fucking breakfast and listening to music. It's something to do that is consistently entertaining every morning.
What the fuck can I do that's enriching in the morning?

>this board
>satisfactory
you must be some kind of faggot

Grow up in the 90's, get completely ostracized from my age group for being an unrepentant nerd. Spend my whole teenage life under this pretense, but I'm ok because I love my hobby and have good friends. I've got a place on the net where people like me hang out.

roll forward to 2018. Everything I got made fun of for is now cool, but because I was already into it, I'm not cool at all. Furthermore trying to talk to people with the newfound coolness call me a gatekeeper for reminiscing on earlier days of the internet.

Remember when there were no girls on the internet? It just meant we were all equal. These days an idea like that gets you flogged for being misinterpreted.

I miss my wierdo friends, the crazy strange corners you could happen upon. It's all gone. Gone for bootstrap css, social media, vanity filters, etc.

We used to make things for operating systems, now we make things for browsers.

take me back to 2001 Jow Forums i'll give anything.

I wanted to get into programming ever since I played an NES and got a computer when I was 5. Now I'm a professional software developer and don't care about it after coming home from work. Announcements of new gadgets, libraries, languages, etc, are seldom an improvement over anything that has already existed in the last couple of decades. Also, social media was a mistake

What's your reasoning?

Attached: makepostsgreatagain.jpg (600x600, 36K)

Other than having to care for my child away from tech?

This. Have a kid and you get mandatory breaks from technology to raise them. I don't even own a non-work computer anymore because when I'm at home I'll be either helping the kids do homework, fixing something around the house, or taking them on a hike. Got my phone around for shitposting like now if the mood strikes me and they're otherwise occupied by my wife.

phone posters get a lot of shit but sometimes I wonder if it's more like this where Jow Forums is just getting older and it's harder to find the time to sit down in front of a PC.

>Bringing someone into this world without consent in the current age
Being serious though good luck and hope it all goes well buddy.

a positive post on 4chins? can't be

I exited the PC gaming market due to shit greedy exploitative companies like Valve, EA, Nvidia. I only need a computer to web surf, and I might just devolve to Chrome OS/Android to make it simple. Microsoft has been infiltrated by morons, but Google isn't far behind. I'll only go heavy on the computer again if I decide to jump on the bandwagon of making shitty Youtube videos to take advantage of all the dumb kids out there with non-present parents and rake in the cash.

I had this hit me hard last year. I sold off my thinkpad collection and my home lab euipment because it had become a chore to maintain. Tech is a really shit hobby. I find more pleasure working on my car. I should have been a mechanical engineer instead of a software dev.