Why haven't (you) installed windows 10 ltsb yet?

Why haven't (you) installed windows 10 ltsb yet?
>Free of poojeet bugs
>very little bloatware
>stable and runs fast
>telemetry and other "features" removed
>no ads
Its literally the pinnacle of windows. What more could you ask for? I swear that I'm not a paid shill, its just that good.

Attached: windows.jpg (699x454, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst.iso
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What more could you ask for?
stability

>reading comprehension

are all drivers available for gaymen? is it missing something? I don't wanna install it and then realize half of the shit isnt working.

I don't believe this.

> free of poojeet bugs
empty recycle bin
watch taskbar icons flicker

lol right

all it does is not come with skype, angry birds and windows media player (or codecs) installed

its the same botnet

It is difficult to obtain legitimately as an individual, and it is not optimized for some third party soforward or gaming.

Otherwise, if it were, it would be perfect. Hell, I would spend $1000.00 for something like that.

Windows 10 is 99.99% poojeet bugs
Windows 10 itself is bloatware
Windows 10 is NOT stable and it's pretty slow
Windows 10's telemetry is still there to some degree

of course it's not optimized for gaming - windows isn't
but it'll be better on ltsb as it has less crap running in the background

It doesn't have Linux Subsystem.

I have it.

>There's still telemetry
>There's still no way to stop updates even with registry fuckery

Anything you turn off, at ANY level, will turn itself back on or reinstate itself in some way. Anyone saying otherwise just installed it 2 days ago and has no idea what they're talking about.

>buying an os

Attached: stolen.gif (324x286, 164K)

>reading comprehension

Just because he can see right though you mr shill doesn't mean he can't read

I use a full copy of Windows 10. Installed it around 9 months ago.
>Telemetry disabled.
>Cortana disabled.
>Updates only download when I allow them to.
All thanks to a few Powershell scripts I found on github and one registry tweak.

Pretty sure you're a faggot, bud.

Attached: 22985-5226-26509.png (500x488, 235K)

>1999+19
>not using mst

Attached: hqdefault-7.jpg (480x360, 24K)

So what updates is LTSB missing? Cause I like having the newest and latest features.

I've tried it, everything you expect to work in normal Windows 10 works. Unless of course you actually *like* the app store and the XBox app and other shit.

Not entirely. I haven't tested it with Wireshark, but according to articles, it's essentially Windows 7 -level of telemetry. E.g. checks for updates and sends your machine ID and list of installed updates. ( is wrong, you can disable automatic updates, otherwise hospitals, nuclear plants, and industrial controllers couldn't use it.)
But nothing like the filenames of images you open or your search queries are sent to Microsoft like normal Windows 10.

If you have difficulty searching on ThePirateBay for "windows 10 ltsb", honestly you can't be helped at this point.
And do you even know what you're talking about when you say "optimized"? If you install Nvidia graphics drivers or whatever, it's the same driver, OpenGL/DirectX implementation, etc. Memory management is the exact same, filesystems are the exact same. In fact, because of it WILL be faster.

Attached: windows-10-deployment-using-configmgr-and-mdt-5-638.jpg (638x359, 46K)

>Because the LTSB version is designed for stability, it’s updated very differently from other builds of Windows 10. Microsoft will never publish a feature update like the Anniversary Update or November Update for Windows 10 LTSB. These machines will get security and bugfix updates through Windows Update, but that’s it. Even when Microsoft releases a new version of Windows 10 LTSB with new features, you’ll have to download new Windows 10 LTSB installation media and install or upgrade from the media. Windows 10 LTSB will never be automatically updated with new features.

Holy fuck why would I ever install this garbage.

Because you don't need those updates. That's the entire point.

>Telemetry disabled.
keep dreaming delusional faggot, only with a properly configured hardware firewall you can block the telemetry, your placebo l33t scripts won't do a shit avoiding the spying

>Microsoft will never publish a feature update
>These machines will get security and bugfix updates through Windows Update, but that’s it
Dunno m8 but for me security patches + no """"""""""features"""""""""" seems like a pretty good deal.

Sounds like it's the only edition of Win10 that actually doesn't call home 800 fucking times every ten seconds

>don't need new features for OS
Then why not just use windows 95?

Yeah, I was you once, then it actually did update somehow and stopped being able to boot.

95 doesn't receive security updates

Because I don't fucking need Cortana or any of that other useless bullshit they pushed out in the latest update, what I need from Windows is already baked and I don't use MS software outside of the OS and Office 13

hmmmm

Attached: file.png (330x669, 33K)

Essentially all of them. If you like "bleeding edge botnets", install normal Windows 10.

Keep in mind LTSB is kept secret by Microsoft and isn't sold to consumers or even large companies. You must be a particular organization like a laboratory, factory, hospital, power plant, or defence agency to purchase it under a tighter NDA than the normal build. But of course, it has been leaked by now.

Surely you're beyond retarded if you think that 1995 -> 2018 is the same as 2015 -> 2018 in terms of features.

I don't care, honestly.
You can't escape the botnet without severely inconveniencing yourself. Might as well enjoy this shit life without autistically worrying about Microsoft and whatever government agency knows about me and my midget amputee trap fetishes.

Fuck off of your high horse, neckbeard faggot.

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Attached: cheering-brazilian-sports-fan-long-blond-hair-attractive-soccer-brazil-laughing-camera-isolated-whit (1251x1300, 110K)

>not tweaking the OS to your liking and disabling whatever you dislike.
Fucking nu-Jow Forums

The GNU/Linux thread is over here

>being this retarded

Attached: 1525235778187.png (739x662, 286K)

/Thread

No I continue Thread, it's the small things that matter. Just because e eryone else is stupid you don't have to be srupid too.

It's definitely true

Attached: microsoft privacy.png (1561x1258, 348K)

>someone said something
they can say this shit all they want but until its in the TOS or its proven to be 100% removed or removeable its not true.

>Recommending the pirate bay

Jesus.

>these machines will get security and bugfix updates

HAHAHAH, dropped. Why would you ever download "security and bugfix" updates from the people who can't patch out vulnerabilities despite making three updates specifically to counter them, oftentimes making it worse in the process? Are you nuts?

Attached: b7d.jpg (727x727, 45K)

no WSL retard, i bet you dont even know what linux is pleb. why would you use ltsb dumbfuck

>leaked
can literally download a trial

>hurr guise look I install updates manually
>hurr I've never had a forced update and restart you're doing it wrong!

Your telemetry is not disabled, I wouldn't know shit about Whoretana because I've only ever used LTSB which doesn't include it anyway. Every time you 'update' Windows 10, Microsoft changes the location of the registry keys responsible for update behavior, essentially rolling back everything you just did. Fact is, you can do whatever you want. There is not a single person with any copy of Windows 10 who can block an update and forced restart for more than a few months. Manually choosing updates yourself means you haven't had to have it forced because you did it yourself, don't you understand that you dumb fuck?

>this dumbfuck thinks computers in hospitals, factories and nuclear power plants use Windows fucking TEN

They're all using Windows XP, 7 at most. How fucking dumb are you?

learn to greentext

You don't have an argument AND you took a petty shot at a target that isn't there. Windows 10 defenders are the dumbest of the dumb.

OK I just installed LTSB but how do I get WSL working?

Attached: file.png (690x208, 18K)

>This edition doesn't install spyware on it's own so what's the point omg

Wow you LTSB loving faggots were so wrong. This shit is so out of date it doesn't support WSL. This is the last time I ever listen to Jow Forums about software.

Only 2 years old :^)

Enough to where a feature that has become absolutely necessary to daily usage doesn't work.

>more than a few months
wew

-it's full of bloatware
-unstable
-still has telemetry enabled
-many bugs

does it have the 100% disk usage bug?

:%s/bug/feature

>ltsb
Because I own Win10 Pro, subscribed to the Insider program, and am perfectly content with what I'm getting.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about.
We got it, user. Thank you.

Excellent counter! Imagine being to poor for a Mac and too dumb for Linux so you're cursed to forever use Windows and you actually defend it. Counter my actual observations as a LTSB user or fuck off my board.

You have to be 18 or older to browse this website.

I don't trust torrents to get a proprietary OS. I wish MS would let us download a non evaluation edition

cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.4.0-amd64-netinst.iso

How do I install this to the wsl?

I'm 25. Counter my points or don't make the hole any deeper. Seriously, it would look better if you just stopped posting unless you've got something to say.

do not download it's a virus that will overwrite windows and will make your computer more usable

I have it and its ok

>Your telemetry is not disabled
With enough firewall rules it is.

>I wouldn't know shit about Whoretana because I've only ever used LTSB which doesn't include it anyway.
I'm not the other guy, but I haven't ever really bothered to try to fully disable it. It generally just fucks off and tells you it can't help you if you don't use a Microsoft account. It is using 3.4 MB of my RAM and has suspended its own process on my Win10 Pro right now. It doesn't appear to send out much info if the various switches are off, and I don't want my 3.4 MB back that badly.

>Every time you 'update' Windows 10, Microsoft changes the location of the registry keys responsible for update behavior, essentially rolling back everything you just did.
I don't bother with the specific settings it may or may not choose to honor. I disable update and reboot related scheduled tasks, set their permissions to deny everything, and transfer ownership of the task files to a low-privelege system account. Then I disable Windows Update and BITS in services.msc. Never had an update get through except when I manually enable it and check for updates. And even so it won't force a reboot -- it threatens one but it can't actually perform it since the tasks that do that are broken.

>There is not a single person with any copy of Windows 10 who can block an update and forced restart for more than a few months.
I've had it like this for over a year. Still works, never updates or reboots unannounced. I can't pick and choose updates except by blocking specific updates with that stupid tool before checking for updates.

>Whoretana
>you dumb fuck
I'm going to reiterate the other guy's sentiment that you should wait until you're 18, both physically and mentally, before posting here again.

Debian for WSL is available on Windows Store.

>fighting your OS so it remains not doing things that you do not want it to do
no thanks

just installed it on my laptop
seems nice, I didn't have to spend a whole 30 seconds removing icons from the start menu

>I've had this install for over a year with no forced updates
>I've also manually installed updates

You are literally unaware of how retarded you are. How can you miss such a simple point, then have the audacity to suggest I'm underage for some reason? That's a low and fruitless target. Anyone can call anyone underage. If you're offended by the words 'whore' and 'fuck' then I suggest you waddle back to plebbit. Unlike there, swearing doesn't mean you're underage. Besides that, let me say it nice and clear so you can perhaps understand, with caps for extre effect.

YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A FORCED UPDATE BECAUSE YOU LET IT THROUGH BY YOUR OWN WILL ANYWAY, IF YOU DID NOT, IT WOULD HAVE FORCED ITSELF

Has that helped you understand?

>There is not a single person with any copy of Windows 10 who can block an update and forced restart for more than a few months
wat
no forced updates/restarts here

Attached: 2.jpg (413x180, 24K)

I would suggest leaving this place until you're 18 or older, user.
Coincidently, I've been using regular legal Win10 for 3 to 4 months without updating it (and without ever touching the registry) and yet it had never forced an update on me. I wonder how...

Had I not allowed updates through by choice, I would still have the build of Win10 I had a year ago, security holes and all. I wanted some of the new features like enhancements to the terminal, WSL, and nearby sharing, so I updated to get them.

Had there been a specific update I didn't want, I could have entered the KB number to block it with that stupid tool. It's not as good as Win7's pick-and-choose list, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

I have another machine that I *haven't* allowed updates through on because it's kind of fucked up and needs to run specialty software that newer builds will likely break. It is on Windows 10 Home 1607 right now. Its last successful check for updates was in March 2017. Nothing newer has forced itself on me as you claim, because I broke Windows Update like I described. If I tell the machine to update right now, without enabling its services, it fails with error code 0x80070422.

I am not offended by fucks or whores. I was merely pointing out that the way you use them reflects poorly on yourself.

How to get it if you are a normal consumer?

Piracy.

I can't as I don't use LTSB but Home. I skipped 1703 entirely and almost 1709 as well but got caught in a selfinflicted bootloop that I technically could have lived with but did a fresh install anyway. I voluntarily upgraded to 1803 though before even 3 weeks passed so I guess you got me good.

>no ads
Demonstrably not true.
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328

>reading that thread
absolutely disgusting, MS is scum

>Piracy
Enjoy your windows 10 with double Botnet

>Free of poojeet bugs
Not applicable to any win10
>very little bloatware
Applicable to any win10 if copypasting some lines to power shell window doesn't outgrow your abilities
>stable and runs fast
Not applicable to any win10
Applicable to any win10 after 10 minutes of tingling
>no ads
Applicable to any win10 if proper locale is set.

If you steal windows - steal win7
If you're stuck with a windows 10 license (like me) - configure it and debloat it.
Stealing "less painful" windows 10 is pure retardation

UMA

>u r all stupid
>do li3k m3
>my wandos is slow and unstable
>d0 l13k m3

Attached: 😂🤣🤔.png (360x360, 19K)

Is pirate version activated by default?

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-overview

>Windows 10 LTSB will support the currently released silicon at the time of release of the LTSB. As future silicon generations are released, support will be created through future Windows 10 LTSB releases that customers can deploy for those systems.

>ads
Seriously, how do you get ads in windows? What did I do horribly wrong that I never seen any on mine. Non LGBT.

>Applicable to any win10 after 10 minutes of tingling
>no ads
>Applicable to any win10 if proper locale is set.

Do you honestly believe that ltsb acts somehow different just because it wasn't tested by this twitter dude?

unless i'm misreading, he didn't say or imply anything about LTSB being exempt

>unless I'm misreading, this thread is "ltsb vs regular win10", not "ltsb vs rest of the world" or "ltsb vs. Gentoo".

ahhh the computers in the new adelaide hospital use windows 10 dick head the fuck are you on and no less every thing that is generally pointed out as being terrible can be fixed by using, registry editor, spybot anti-beacon and tinywall, that includes a permanent solution to windows updates, telemetrys, removing cortana replacing it with search and un-installing all the bloat ware mostly done through powershell though

>Free of poojeet bugs
No?
>very little bloatware
No?
>stable and runs fast
No?
No?
>no ads
T-thanks, now I can finally ditch win7

see

I have Edu so there is no point.

I actually didnt update it since last year since at some point MS decided to introduce Cortana into Edu, which pissed me off.

No idea if I should just give up and update. Any suggestions?

I have legal Edu, I would have to pirate LTSB which I dont want to do.

The fact that all this bullshit is necessary in what is supposed to be an OS for normal people should tell you something.
Microsoft wants its aspie peons to feel special and useful.
You guys are the reason that nobody bothers to learn about PCs. You keep making out that you're special supermen and you're always lurking around wherever there's a possibility you can "Star".

We all become less interesting when we are all weighed, measured and found wanting.

bump
Gimme one fucking screenshot with actual ad

>Do you honestly believe that ltsb acts somehow different just because it wasn't tested by this twitter dude?
Hey, I'm not the one putting hands over my ears and yelling: "LALALALALA, I'm not listening!"

>Hey, I'm not the one putting hands over my ears and yelling: "LALALALALA, I'm not listening!"
Ltsbfags on Jow Forums obviously are. Truth is, once you're on windows 10 train you need to cope with the fact that you're tracked and all you can do is damage control and minimise losses.
I'm not really sure who are you trying to insult and which side are you representing in your autist shitstorming attempt.

>I'm not really sure who are you trying to insult and which side are you representing in your autist shitstorming attempt.
What's with the aggression and nonsense meme-speak? My only posts here were:
I'm not on a rampage of any kind. I agree with your first sentence entirely.