Hooktube

Is hooktube.com/ legit? I tried it while blocking Google and YouTube and videos were working, which means that it does what its main objective is. However, is the website itself trustworthy?

Attached: maxresdefault_(1).jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cloudflare.com/incident-report-on-memory-leak-caused-by-cloudflare-parser-bug/
techcrunch.com/2017/02/23/major-cloudflare-bug-leaked-sensitive-data-from-customers-websites/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it but the fact it uses cloudflare worries me

How come? I'm not familiar with cloudfare, but I know that it offers things like DDoS protection.

Why do you care if google knows what videos you watch? Do you realize how dumb you would sound if you said that to anyone in real life? That you use some proxy to watch YouTube because you are paranoid?

Stop worrying about stupid shit like this and enjoy life. When i stopped caring about muh privacy my life improved ten-fold.

Does 4chin using cloudflare not worry you?

Some people do not like the concept of being tracked online and being treated like a cow to be milked when you are sold targeted ads. That is completely understandable, idiot. Just because you are fine with being de-humanized does not mean others are.

I don't really care about YouTube, but I already switched to another search engine so I may as well keep going.

So someone got paid for making a video I watched, oh no!

Does not affect my life in any way except giving me time to live it by not worrying about stupid shit like this.

I also don't want to support YouTube. I mostly just watch PewDiePie so I'm not really concerned about YouTube for myself.

Hooktube needs updates to make it work for 4K videos or anything larger than 1080p

Enjoy your lack of content (aside from the Indians that probably post on your platform of choice). YT is a necessary evil at the moment.

>I mostly just watch PewDiePie

I thought all his views were bots. Wow.

>someone got paid
>YouTube
>2018

>Lack of content
>Using a YT proxy
Why do you justify giving all your info to an Indian CEO?

He was pretty annoying before but he has become pretty funny and chill.

If the content creator cared about getting the cut they deserved, they would move to another platform and I would gladly follow. Until then, they are not doing themselves any favors.

I am not talking about supporting creators. I am talking about supporting targeted ads that infringe on your privacy rights, assclown. If google did not track your behavior online and serve up targeted ads that are borderline spyware, it would not be an issue...but it is.

The guy who runs it is literally a retard who uses shitty scripts for youtube's API on top of namecheap shared hosting + cloudflare. It works fine most of the time, and it loads videos in 720p in my phone's browser unlike 480p max on youtube itself so it does have some use

Some gun channels are moving to full30 and sites like that, and are being supported by Patreon and merch. I'm not sure how long PewDiePie will be able to stay on YouTube.

Just block the ads guy. It's not that hard. I haven't seen an ad on YouTube in years.

So? They still track you along with all other things Google.

This

Do you use the YouTube app?

Give it a couple years. You will stop caring when you decide to live a happy life, hopefully with someone special, and you realize it doesn't matter if you are tracked or not.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

No, I get minute-long unskippable ads when I use it

Good point. I don't think Hooktube can go 1080 or 60 FPS though.

>tfw you fell for the cloudflare dns meme

Attached: 433443552356.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Kill yourself.

Better than 90% of YouTube which is clickbait.

what if I want to actually support the content creator instead of sneakily watching his content from a platform that doesn't give him anything back?
>inb4 muh patreon

>unironically giving a fuck about eceleb trash
There is nothing on youtube worth supporting with your own time or money

Then you can just go you YouTube.

I wanted to use Startpage's video viewer but it seems to not have new videos.

pewdiepie is the absolute worst fucking bottom of the barrel trash on youtube
codkiddies screaming into their mic are less cancerous than that faggot
literally kill yourself you drooling subhuman

Okay basedboy

to bad start page is utter shit and painfully slow.
pic related

Attached: 1497835540993.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Probably because it's more secure?

>virgin manchild loser that watches a virgin manchild loser scream at manchild gaymes
>calling someone else a soiboi
kill yourself subhuman

So...complacence. Do not worry. When you are strapped to a chair and forced to watch ads while someone else profits, it will be fine. You will get used to it.

Why are you so autistic about a YouTuber?

>being slow as fuck=more secure
Resorting to that logic I guess I'll switch over to windows Xp and us ie 7

Basically TV.

It’s ran by a gentooman, so I guess. I’ve been using it for about a year (maybe 2?) and it works perfectly. Even better, it doesn’t allow google to track your IP and build a profile. Also, does anyone know if it contributes to the viewcount of the video? I remember reading that it doesn’t, but I’m not sure.

That's why I used the word "probably".

What is their business model? Donations and ads?

Yes, and there is a good reason TV is dying...

>it doesn’t allow google to track your IP and build a profile
Yes it does, videos are still hosted on *.googlevideo.com you watch the videos directly from Google's servers, and they can also see that you're watching it from hooktube

lmao. When I'm strapped to a chair? What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think we live in Clockwork Orange or something?

Didn’t know that, thanks. I use mpv+youtube-dl with hooktube and thought that simply playing from hooktube serves as a proxy.

I blocked it on ublocko and the videos still worked but the website acted up on mobile (still could watch though).

Try blocking *.googlevideo.com and see if it still works for you. It did for me.

Although, it could have changed to another source for mobile.

Why are you so autistic you watch a manchild YouTuber?

Hooktube works great for me, except for this one small problem: the video description doesn't show up. Is there a way to fix this? The comments work fine.

underageban

PewdiePie doesn't even play video games anymore you mouthbreathing boomer.

>720p only

Jesus Christ I hate people who like Pew Pew Pie ;)

Fucking mongoloid retards. Le Clockwork Orange posters. Basedboys ;)

Kill yourself. Not as a Jow Forums meme. Really get a Glock and blow your brains out. Or get your mom's sleeping pill and drink a whole bottle.

>muh screeching manchild gaymen celebritee
You must be 18 years or older to use Jow Forums.

i cant use hooktube anymore because it says 'No video with supported format and MIME type found'. whats wrong Jow Forums?

ps.: im a girl :3

>ps.: im a girl :3
Found your problem.

You have to be atleast 18 to post in this board

really? :F well, maybe you're just saying it because you're probably not even able to help me solve it... gosh i miss my ex bf so much!

Looks way cleaner than toogl.es, thanks OP.

Attached: Untitled.png (1588x817, 549K)

it's made by a Jow Forumsentooman, take that as you may. you're not signing in to any accounts though so i don't see how it can't be "trustworthy"

it's just a wrapper for youtube-dl written in PHP. you could literally write this

brainlet/shill just leave. You clearly don't belong here. Just because you're too weak to even understand something like integrity doesn't mean you should also ruin it for the rest of us.

Not the user you've been arguing with but holy shit dude you've got some seriously fucked up views some people don't care about people viewing the shit they watch casually. Obviously if someone was going to do some less that legal shit they'd use a proxy then. 4/10 thanks for wasting everyone's time

Attached: 1503824786049.jpg (606x592, 57K)

You are weak and your friends - simple minded.

hooktube is good but still need support for a few types of yt videos. i use it + mps-youtube

>I tried it while blocking Google and YouTube and videos were working
Only because you neglected to block googlevideo.com

Use mpv/youtube-dl you dumb nigger.

>virgin manchild loser scream at manchild gaymes
That hasn't been what pewdiepie does for a long time now. These days he mostly does serious social commentary.

Nigga you gay.

Unironically this
He seems a very down to earth and self aware guy
Cool dude

He is like h3 but more family friendly.

Fuck off poodiepie.

This. He's based now that he's so redpilled.

This.

Worry about it to a certain extent (firefox + addons and opt to use opensource whenever possible), but some people take it too far to the point where it becomes a huge inconvenience.

It was only really useful for getting georestriction and it can't seem to do that anymore

>MY TASTES ARE SUPERIOR AND I AM THE BEST

Your life (and social life) will improve tenfold once you stop being an uptight cunt and always hate on things. The phrase "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it" really needs to be hammered into peoples fucking heads because so many people are lonely and miserable due to no friends/gf since they are all unlikable cunts. If you don't like something that someone else enjoys, don't go out of your way to point it out. Simply say "I'm not that into it" instead, fucking retards.

There, I just improved your lives 10 fold you unsociable neckbeards.

What the fuck is the point? Instead of giving your money to google, you're giving it off o some 3rd party which then sells it to google,microsoft,NSA,xyz.

Exactly like using jewjewgo. Total snakeoil

What are the privacy and security concerns with Cloudflare? No one who's mentioned it recently bothered to explain in detail.

Why do you care that I don't let google know what I do?

>83 replies
>no one has mentioned YouTube Vanced
I'm sharing a board with retards

>muh apps
No user, you're the retard.

>[APP][MOD][ROOT/MAGISK/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

Attached: 1462199377752.jpg (640x640, 114K)

>What's the point?
*Get around age restrictions without signing in
*Get around scripts that block downloading videos/music directly from YouTube

>trying to defend watching "le epic scary let's play youtubers that overreact to everything"

*brofist*

Giving them $1 via patreon once gives them more money than you watching their videos with ads enabled for 3 years straight if they produce videos on a daily basis.

>muh hooktube
Enjoy never having the benefits of a recommended videos feed

Do you rather have it use Amazon?

Isn't that a blessing?

cloudflare is essentially a man-in-the-middle attacker. You just gotta "believe" that they won't attack

Not really, it's great if you're stuck for something to watch

>cloudflare is essentially a man-in-the-middle attacker. You just gotta "believe" that they won't attack
There has to be some proof for this. Either way, no account is required for Hooktube in the first place. What exactly would be the point of performing a MITM attack on that website?

desu, being an ass is preferable to being a pathetic cringey manchild like you whose hobby consists of watching autists scream for "entertainment"

It is also completely separate from Google.

*BROFIST*
BRO ARMY GUISE AMIRITE xD
US BROS GOTTA STICK TOGETHER FOR PEWDS XD

>There has to be some proof for this.
It does not need any proof, it's how load balancing servers work, they cache all data and then pretend to be original website given that owner of websie shares secret SSL key from their domain cert.
blog.cloudflare.com/incident-report-on-memory-leak-caused-by-cloudflare-parser-bug/
techcrunch.com/2017/02/23/major-cloudflare-bug-leaked-sensitive-data-from-customers-websites/
They vomited a shitload of sensitive information which was only not used because they vomited it to spammers/robots.