A friend is a social worker at a UN building in Africa, but he has no Internet...

A friend is a social worker at a UN building in Africa, but he has no Internet. Wondering if there are any satellite internet providers he could get out there so he could chat with his family back in the US?

>Inb4 "Google it", I'm finding nothing but what looks like residential services, plus I'm not knowledgeable with this stuff.

Attached: satellite_diagram.png (480x490, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_phone
groundcontrol.com/
exede.com/plan-results/gold12/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We are not helping some agent of the globalist cause.

Tell him to enjoy his niggers.

>social worker at a UN building in Africa
why

Run it through a satellite phone

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_phone
Here you go

All the satellite anything services are garbage and will probably not work/not be tested in x location. What kind of UN building doesn't have internet these days?

iridium next

No clue, frankly. Just trying to help out a bro.

Can satellite phones have access to data? I thought they only do voice.

Yup apparently I'm retarded. Wikipedia would have been a good idea.

Thanks user!

Google it

This, this, and this.

Good satellite internet is really expensive.

I've been keeping an eye on this company, if I ever strike it rich and can go live in the woods somewhere far away from everything: groundcontrol.com/

They have systems that will work anywhere on the planet, including the poles.

fpbp, spbp, tpbp. what a combo!

mobile Satellite connections are generally limited to tethering off a sat phone.

Last i check it was absurdly expensive and data is literally 1990 tier slow.

That being said, there are many sat internet companies in the US that offer unlimited data for even only $99. it is feasible that you could get all that equipment over to another country but that country may not even be covered or only covered for some period of time. Then there would be the issue of getting it working as im sure it would refuse to function in another country so youd need to hack that aspect.

In short, he can, for a price have access to sending emails via data using a sat phone.

Attached: Capture.png (1485x1272, 208K)

Fully retarded considering I can make the same trailer for $2000 including the honda generator.

Literally just mount an exceed satellite system that cost you $100 a month and use a VPN to get around the retarded video throttling.

exede.com/plan-results/gold12/

Would only work where exceed works though, and probably some GPS restrictions.

>doing manual labour in africa to virtue signal

top fucking kek. i hope he gets the sleeping sickness and dies.

> UN building in Africa
Tell him to quit. Helping monkeys is not good.

>A friend is a social worker at a UN building in Africa
Tell him to touch neutral with right hand (first) and live wire with left hand, like that he will be able to access your wifi without satellites.

This, this, this and this.

There are no satelites around africa

We don't help people, who help 'people', that don't care about people, that helped them.

Have you heard of "latency"? Or "lag"?
Satellite can add many seconds to your ping.