WTF is with the 1180? apparently its only as powerful as a 1080 ti or a titan X...

WTF is with the 1180? apparently its only as powerful as a 1080 ti or a titan X. its supposed to be a whole new fucking generation and its not increased at all.

Attached: AAA gaming industry.jpg (402x604, 38K)

Both CPUs and GPUs have stopped improving around 2010

Because it uses less than half the power as those two you dope.

its not like it gives more power though. and its not like they had power problems either

The GTX 10 series was a massive improvement over the 9 series.

Yeah in hashrate/watt.

Who actually even cares about power in a desktop GPU? Oh no its will cost you an extra $30 a year to use big fucking deal go be poor somewhere else.

Because AMD couldn't put out a decent GPU, so now you're getting chinked by leather jacket man.

>muh power
who the fuck cares retard

So many retards on this thread

Attached: C300E3DA-C488-4B18-9222-8B4C0271A66B.jpg (962x620, 206K)

Are you retarded?

>I have no idea what anyone is talking about...but I wanna sound smart

the post

Because they aren't afraid of AMD anymore so they have no pressure to improve.
>b-b-but I h-have to b-buy the Green Teamâ„¢ i-it's 5 fps more
You fags are digging your own graves by choosing Nvidia all the time. If AMD doesn't have the funds to compete with them then 1080ti performance is all you're going to see in the next decade. Do you think AMD will have money to bring out better GPUs if people choose Nvidia always?
>brand loyalty all the way until competition gets so much ahead that there's no denying it anymore
>equal performance is never enough justification, it has to be greatly better
It's not like you keep the same GPU that long anyway, why not support the technological advancements while still being able to do everything?

I just hope this shit costs sub < $599.

I am going to be very upset if he gets up on the stage and says it will debut at $800 for the Founders Edition.

It means the architecture has more space to grow before it hits the thermal ceiling.

Wait for the next TitanX or 1180 ti.

According to the rumored specs it has the same TDP and the same manufacturing process.

Literally no room to improve.

Get ready to be upset.

>You fags are digging your own graves by choosing Nvidia all the time.

This is just capitalism in action. Have you ever thought about how it costs the same to make a 1080ti as it does a 1050? Profit is rooted in giving people as little as possible while still charging the most.

Also, AMD is doing fine. Their chips are still used in consoles and miners ate up stock from both sides.

>Have you ever thought about how it costs the same to make a 1080ti as it does a 1050?
How is this the case? Often a chip with lower core/whatever count is just a chip from the higher model with some cores disabled. This reduces cost of both models by raising the yield, since chips that would otherwise be trash can be used.

I think he means that if they both come from the same product line, they cost as much to make. One ends up being better so they jack up the price for that but it costs the same to the company that created them. They aren't selling the lower quality model at a loss so that means the higher quality one has insane profit margins.

1080 here who cares

Attached: 1526825516405.png (1027x563, 571K)

>Who actually even cares about power in a desktop GPU
Miners

Isn't that what they do every generation?
The new mainstay card is the same power as the best of last gen but at lower power consumption.
The 1160 will be around 1070, the 1170 around 1080, the 1150 around 1060.
Business as usual.

>AMD is doing fine

Of course, but that doesn't mean they can make GPUs better than nvidia and still make processors better than intel while both of those companies dominate the market even though AMD isn't dedicated to one part.

Even if AMD could make a better GPU nVidia would easily beable to create something better

>WTF is with the [new high tier gpu]? apparently its only as powerful as a [enthusiast tier gpu] or a [old god tier gpu]. its supposed to be a whole new fucking generation and its not increased at all.
Are you fucking retarded? What's the point in comparing 2 different tiers and blame? For example this means you can have a 1070 for the cost of a 1060. I don't see the issue.

Attached: 1491349550203.jpg (552x661, 71K)

i got the 1080ti before the latest price boost, feels good

This is a clear win for AMD. Sure if you only play games, then 1180 might be better option, but if you also do productivity tasks, AMD is the best option

Your pic clearly explains what a 1180 is.

Yeah no, not with cuda around

He's wrong. 1050 is GP107, which is a smaller die than the GP102 used in the 1080ti. Cost per wafer is around the same, but you can fit more GP107s on a wafer - and that's before factoring in yields. GP102 based cards also use a stronger vrm and more memory, both cost money.

Didn't AMD rebadge for an entire decade, it's not like they can do total redesigns every year, even intel doesn't do that, tick tock motherfucker.

Sorry some of us remember when new hardware used to make the old stuff obsolete. A socket change a years keeps the goyim in fear I suppose.

Attached: 1526581936827.jpg (527x588, 42K)

> for an entire decade
No, GCN was decent.

People who dislike house fires.

This is exactly the approach Intel took since Sandy Bridge, small incremental improvements and charging a premium for them
IF AMD, and I mean IF, they are able to release a game changing high end card then they might have the success and turnaround like they have been having with Ryzen, and if that happens Nvidia would be stuck in the same position Intel was when Ryzen was released: with their pants down and their dick in their hand pissing into the wind

>being this entitled to want improved products
typical capitalist crybaby realizing his system has failed

1/10
Made me reply you fuck

because 12nm is really 16nm+++.
they can't cram in more shaders