Be honest, why aren't you Dvorak right now?

Be honest, why aren't you Dvorak right now?

Responses such as:

>le fedora

Will be ignored and reported.

Attached: fedar.jpg (480x480, 23K)

>le fedora

>le fedora

>le fedora

ill have to learn keybinds that are already imprinted into my muscle memory. even if i learned dvorak i dont think id be able to ctrl-C ctrl-V as intuitively or be so quick with the :wq

colemak is better

>le fedora

> le fedora

arodef el

Because Colemak is better in every way. Qwerty is still the best when it comes to small touchscreens. Switching between the 2 is simple.

Because I like being able to use computers other than my own

Because dvorak is not even .1% of the keyboards in circulation which makes it a bad coice even though it is proven to be better . Also
>el fedora

>le fedora

Epd ydhsoa

Because you have to use it for a long time for it to get imprinted enough in your muscle memory that you actually see efficiency gains from Dvorak vs qwerty. Then once it's that imprinted, any time you have to use someone else's keyboard you're reduced to hunt and peck unless you want to take the time to fuck with their system settings.

And the gains from Dvorak are not big enough to justify all that.

Because it makes no fucking difference. Once you've learnt a layout, you don't think about it much. QWERTY is everywhere so it makes sense to be able to walk up to any keyboard and be competent at it instead of being an autistic snowflake trying to swap keymaps or run a script of a USB key or whatever

Like all non conformist renegades, I will only use Dvorak or I simply wont type.

>лe фeдopa

I’m not going to relearn all my shortcuts on top of that.

Attached: 74890FB3-7F0D-445D-B435-C42541109268.jpg (500x519, 70K)

this
/thread

le fedora

cuz then I won't be able to play games which need WASD to move

I use Dvorak. Never learned to touch type completely with qwerty. Then I decided to learn Dvorak and touch type.

Let's be honest, how often does this happen?

Because I'm already using the superior Colemak. Please attempt to rise to my level.

I took the time to learn both. Both are pretty equal, the only difference is that dvorak makes you alternating hands, while colemak makes you rolling your fingers. It all boils down to preferences.

>learn to type faster at home at the cost of typing like a retard who never held piece of technology when interacting with anything anywhere else

>Let's be honest, how often does this happen?
At least weekly for me. I know it depends on your personal circumstances, I'm not going to pretend there aren't people who never have to use another persons computer

I use qwerty and I sometimes get fucked up using other keyboards with slightly different spacing than my board at home. It's not often that this happens, but it makes me feel like a goof when it does. I can't imagine how exaggerated it would be on another layout.

You should use :x or ZZ anyway.

because workman is superior

>le fedora

Only hipster faggots use it. You should kill yourself OP so the air on this planet will have one less pollutant desecrating it.

Attached: 1526664649169.jpg (692x960, 97K)

>le fedora

>le fedora

>le fedora

>le fedora

Because Dvorak is only good for the most braindead language there is, English. I type in four languages daily, and for anything else it sucks ass.
Stop being a disgusting EOP.

>le fedora

>le fedora

Came here to post this

Dvorak isn't demonstrably better than Qwerty, and hindering your typing skill on every non-Dvorak keyboard isn't a useful outcome.

Marginal (if any) benefit for the downside of adjusting to any Qwerty keyboard you have to use is not worth it, IMO. I already have enough trouble maximizing typing efficiency when adjusting to keyboards of different sizes / ergonomic form factor, much less a different layout.

Let me just retrain my brains 30 years of typing so i can be 4% faster and have to special order overpriced keyboard at every house/job I ever use or do. (Or should I fedora and bring my own keyboard everywhere?)

>le fedora

You don't need special hardware to type in dvorak you retard. And unlike workman or whatever, dvorak is available on 99.9% of modern systems if you really need it.

That's only a problem if you're a sysadmin in a datacenter or something and run around all day between tons of different keyboards doing complicated work on each one. For the vast majority of people, they'll access somebody else's computer for 10 minutes to help them debug an issue, or fix some technical problem, or whatever. You don't need to type at 120WPM to help your grandma connect to wifi or teach a colleague to cherry-pick in git.

See above, why would you need to impress normies with your typing speed when at somebody else's computer? Of course for some people it's important but I refuse to believe everyone on Jow Forums works in tech support or a datacenter. Reminder that the median typing speed for people working with computers is something like 50WPM, meaning even if your qwerty drops a bit you'll still likely be above most people.

And no, you won't be reduced to hunt and peck. Typing in two layouts at acceptable speeds isn't particularly hard.

i use colemak
i know it is better
but i still feel like an aspie

Because you can easily type over 100wpm on qwerty so there is no point.

el fedoradoro

>>Responses such as:
>>le fedora
>Will be ignored and reported.
summerfag detected

Attached: kat.jpg (276x242, 20K)

I will never ingnore and dissapoint you anons, also
>le fedora

Attached: girlandlaughingcamel2.jpg (1024x937, 104K)

>le fedora

Because I've used qwerty from the beginning and I don't like change.

Because Colemak is superior for programming

Also
>le fedora