Decades without proper file management

How is it that decades have passed and there still isn't a good way to browse files in a flattened view if organized into subdirectories? This would solve nearly all image browsing problems.

Attached: 1526270891149.png (1000x1000, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/help/faq.html#external_files
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>browse files in a flattened view if organized into subdirectories
You mean view all files of several subdirectories at the same time as if they were in the same directory?

Turns outrangeralready has this functionality -flatcommand is available since v1.7.0

The command documentation string:

flat level

Flattens the directory view up to the specified level. Level -1 means infinite level. Level 0 means standard view without flattened directory view. Level values -2 and less are invalid.

Therefore,:flat -1will show files in all subfolders

Attached: Oh+dear+god+i+hate+trying+to+explain+things+to+_ae454e1ef796a1f9fb93051d9ceccfe9.jpg (800x800, 62K)

Attached: 2018-05-21-084424_1297x133_scrot.png (1297x133, 16K)

I just want a file manager that supports tagging files. I really just want something that I can manage all my hentai doujinshi cbz's with so I can tag stuff I like and not lose it.

XNviewMP (an image viewer) lets you do that.

Oh wait, you mean including a flattened view? Not sure if that's possible.

Not same guy so no.

Nerd lmao

>throws 390,000 images into one directory
>ffs why can't I find anything
I'm not going to store every file twice just because it's sometimes convenient to browse in a flattened view instead of a hierarchical view.

Literally just search up "*.insertspecificfiletypehere" if you want to view your loli pics in one window you bitch

Attached: Image_uploaded_from_iOS-1-1.jpg (268x215, 13K)

>needs to conduct a 9 minute search to view any .jpg files
No thanks.

Attached: 1526167545658.jpg (1200x1200, 177K)

I wasn't suggesting that, I was trying to understand what you want.

Didn't the first 8 minutes and 56 seconds of finding the search bar consist of you arguing about not wanting to go to bed because you got school tomorrow, your mom knows how much more angry you get when you're sleepy, and you hit your head while screaming "Pee Cee Penguin" when you get sleepy?

>his searches finish in under 5 seconds
Someone isn't a datahoarder.

Attached: 1524431842686.jpg (257x306, 27K)

Then yes, I meant that. Thought you were being sarcastic.

what is indexes?

No way to specify certain file formats for specific folders - resulting in tens of thousands of irrelevant results. Also, pic related, this image only exists in 1 place but shows over 153 times in an Index search. I'm also searching for "jpg" but Windows search is dumb as bricks.

Attached: 1526889080.png (1900x890, 33K)

Yeah I would like to be able tag images and not save them multiple times because they might have multiple tags.

Tags are an improvement but also a bitch to maintain.

Hydrus is pretty good if you want to tag your shit. You will need to let it handle your whole library if you choose to use it though.

Attached: screenshot_general_search.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

use a real OS

Some of us do actual work.

Attached: 1526402118846.jpg (645x671, 81K)

< on Windows 7
I should probably tag and rate my collection to get any use out of it.

Attached: Untitled.png (899x517, 380K)

>You will need to let it handle your whole library if you choose to use it though.

What do you mean by this? Otherwise this looks good to me.

>363
lol. Here's the closest thing I have to "anime pics".

Attached: 1526886348.png (241x52, 2K)

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/help/faq.html#external_files
tldr:
When you import your shit to hydrus it stores it in its own directory, so you cannot have your own structure anymore.

Sorting by tags is better anyway so its not really a problem once you switch, but i was hesitant at first, since i had my animu grills in diffrent dirs too.
Oh, and you can always copy paths from hydrus and feed it to external viewer if you want.

The hierarchical file organization is important because it isn't only used for reaction images - but also audio, video, and 22~ years of files. I guess I'll just maintain two copies of my media, since this provides at least some incentive of maintaining a flat structure. My needs fall outside the scope of Hydrus but even covering 30% is better than the current 0%.

As far as i read in docs, hydrus suposedly also works with music and video, but i only ever used it for images (and webms). You might want to try to apply hydrus tags to other files too and see where it gets you.

Nah, I'll need to maintain two copies. I don't think many people ITT are used to dealing with files at such a large scale.

Attached: 1526898262.png (178x33, 995)

The best way is any file manager with Miller view pleb.

On Windows, you can also just search for *.* in the top level folder.

Yeah, well managing files in one unversal way on
larger scale is not really possible, thats why only real option is to use diffrent tools for diffrent types.

Attached: 2018-05-21-125246_811x124_scrot.png (737x107, 16K)