What do you guys think of All in One PC's?

What do you guys think of All in One PC's?

I'm thinking of buying this piece of shit for $500 oz dollars.

jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/desktops/lenovo/lenovo-ideacentre-310-19-5-all-in-one-pc/351980/

Attached: 232719-L-HI.jpg (800x800, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9010-All-In-One-AIO-Core-i5-3550S-8G-250G-23-LED-Win-7/202023602503?hash=item2f098b8947:g:UCcAAOSw3RhZyww5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The fuck are these? Just gimped laptops/monitors merged with chassis?

yes
dont do it op

Just build your own nibba. Or if you’re too much of a poorfag, go for used dell optiplex on ebay.

they're called laptops

$500 for a computer in Aus pretty much gets you a literal toaster. Save some money and don’t bother with all in ones.

Build a desktop or buy a laptop, i don't see much sense for All in One PC's

The surface looks really interesting but there’s no way to justify the price for something you can’t upgrade.
Why can’t they just release the touchscreen seperate?

Attached: 8168AB52-32F6-4CDB-AD9C-A114FDC36BA1.jpg (800x500, 60K)

That Surface looks cool as hell.

It’s $6000 for pretty mediocre specs.
The screen is great but if you wanted professional 3D rendering or anything it’d sadly worthless.

office works has some cheap acer laptops 600 buckaroos for 16gb ram but its got a low tier cpu

Attached: 1505498081129.png (904x711, 390K)

Can you connect a better CPU via USB?

Ok, so say I bought a laptop instead. It has to run Windows 10. Around $500 oz bucks.

Attached: efc.jpg (600x453, 29K)

My parents bought an asus one 5 years ago.
Still going strong with Windows 7.
Rather convenient depending of your desk

no (if your cereal)

Attached: 1501075234285.jpg (475x356, 32K)

To all the people saying 'just get a laptop', a laptop will come with a smaller screen and perhaps less convenient to place on a desk for someone who specifically wants a desktop computer that does not need to be portable.

I'm not saying buy one of these all-in-ones, but if you're just going to buy a laptop instead then maybe the all-in-one is the better solution. Unless space is at an absolute premium and you need the compactness of the all-in-one then you should build your own. 500AUD will get you something better than this but I'd probably save a little bit more if you can afford to. Go to /pcbg/ for more advice.

Look l like building PCs too, but the last time it made economic sense was 2015, before RAM and GPU prices skyrocketed. Buying used is of course a different story but no way you can put together a decent PC on your own for a low budget. You still have to buy a keyboard/mouse/monitor/speakers and an AIO comes with these.

If you're considering buying an all-in-one like that shit show in the OP then it's not as if you're putting together a 'decent PC' under any circumstances is it? My current desktop PC cost me about £600 all in (including all hardware and accessories) and I built it last November with lots of second hand parts and a few new parts. My PC is infinitely better than the OP's monstrosity and I didn't feel like I overspent on any parts.

What are you using it for?

I had one of these. Big screen, blue-tooth mice and keyboard. It was a nice experience.

Yeah the one in the OP is absolute trash. But there are good AIOs out there, and when you put together your own build, esp. when you buy used, you lose out on the space savings and potential warranty of a prebuilt.

You have to use the HDMI port for that, you fucking pleb

I really like the idea of building an AiO, some manufacturers make AiO cases now but I've not browsed around enough to see how well they deal with the hinge.

Probably rather have something like pic related anyway.

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (640x427, 41K)

Worst of both the laptop and desktop worlds

literally trash after a year, Everyone bitch and moaned about the internet performance and not even Linux could save it

we have those in my job, cool things.

Just Microsoft Office, OneDrive, internet, shit posting. No gaming.

>$500
>celery
>4GB RAM
>1440x900
Get a used laptop or something. Hell a T420 and a used 24" 1920x1080 monitor could be had for $300 in Aus, with $200 left over for hookers and blow.

>Build a desktop or buy a laptop, i don't see much sense for All in One PC's

Fuck op, put that $500 towards your next Laptop or PC. An all in one that cheap won't last a month and will overheat while having two tabs open.

That money is better spent behind a raspberry pi or a weeks worth of avacado on toast.

m.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9010-All-In-One-AIO-Core-i5-3550S-8G-250G-23-LED-Win-7/202023602503?hash=item2f098b8947:g:UCcAAOSw3RhZyww5

Is this piece of shit better? I get no warranty on it, but it's cheaper and better yeah?

I have a raspberry pi actually. I like it.

How much is a ThinkPad that'll run Winblows 10 well though?

rpis are great for hardware tinkering and running applications that don't need too much grunt or fast storage (e.g. kodi, sonarr, radarr). i would not want to attempt to use one as a desktop replacement.

Early - mid 90s iMac was god tier

Attached: bondi-blue-imac-2008-100756817-large.jpg (699x466, 35K)

hdmi is good but display port is objectively better for this

OK, I will try to help you, as most of Jow Forums are Jow Forumsamers.

CPU is a bit weak, weaker than Celeron laptops (N3450 as the benchmark), comparable to weaker Atoms. You will sort of regret that, especially that it comes with a HDD instead of a SSD or even an eMMc. It's not good even for office tasks. The form factor is OK, but since Jow Forums is about playing wither 3 on 4k screens they'll criticize it. Idk about the price, but I'd suggest you even a Chinese Celeron laptop instead, or a better all in one (with better cpu) or a nuc. Not even for your mothers spending excel monthly spendings spreadsheet.

YOUR IMAC IS SHIT!!!
SHIIIIIITTTTT!!!

Attached: saber_shit.jpg (959x348, 139K)

Then go ahead, it will do. Bought one for my mom (hp) couple of months ago. Touchscreen, 6gb ram, some i3/i5 don't remember and it's been great for her. If you don't need portability then fuck laptops, if you can't afford to build a decent computer then buy prebuilt. This includes aio systems. Enjoy your new system user

It's perfectly adequate for office/browsing. What kind of excel are you running. The HDD is slow but it's

Got the only prebuilt PC in my life last year. The System76 all-in-one called Sable. I dropped $1,500 for pretty solid specs.

What I expected:
>no GPU, little noise
>decent specs
>no fucking around setting it up or fixing it

What I got:
>coil whine + fan noise under load
>off-the-shelf consumer parts assembled for me for a big markup
>they even included the OEM case manual
>shit screen
>debugging why the machine was randomly not POSTing for several months (cable pinched due to bad assembly)
>installing Gentoo. new models come with some babby-tier OS for normals
>physically disconnecting webcam/mic that i don't need, but paid for

All in all, I would rate this experience a 3/10 and stay away in the future.

Attached: system76hero.jpg (770x602, 19K)

This is what people need to learn for AIOs. You cannot cram top specs in something like that and expect it to run well. They are good for cheap low-power specs. You spending that much money on one is the real retardation

I used to have to support them back when I was a tech and I can tell you from experience they are pieces of junk with all kinds of chronic hardware problems in need of constant maintenance.

You're better off building your own PC. You can build something pretty nice for $500.

This. I got a couple for my office to save time on install for their use. Dell 7775s or something with a ryzen 1400 and 560 graphics card and can be used a monitor in the future. They'll run as desktops for word people and in a pinch can help supplement all the other things in the office like rendering and video game puppeting.

The biggest boon of them for me was they they're almost plug and play, even a retard can't fail at plugging it in.

good for mom/grandma
they work like an appliance, and they love it