What Laptop should i get for GD-School?

I already asked about this on /gd/ but they told me to come here. So I'll start my graphic design studies in a few months and i will need a decent laptop by then. I looked around online, but every article i found on the subject matter is basically a giant ad. The laptop will be mostly used for Photoshop, Indesign etc. and 3D modeling. My budget is around 1000$.
Thank you.

Attached: gdshit.jpg (1977x1112, 968K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12610/hp-spring-2018-range-zbook-zbook-zbook/3
www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/zbook-x2/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pick a thinkpad for $150
and the rest invest them on a 2400g desktop.

Allready own one and know about this approach. The problem is, that i will have to take my working computer/laptop to school, so a decent laptop is my only option.

Just get a mac.

Just get something with a dedicated gpu. Trying to run solidworks on integrated graphics was a barrel of fuck.

get acer predator, if dont care about fan noise and how ugly it is, specs make up for it
or any other gaming laptop
you kind of need it for photoshop and 3d modeling. print-sized psd takes up a ton of ram
but it's ugly as sin and so i painted red parts with a black marker

Attached: Screenshot_20180521-150517.jpg (720x1280, 315K)

thanks user, will look into it.
it is really ugly though

Get a Mac, otherwise everyone will think you're a poorfag or a weirdo. Trust me.

Mac is the only choice in this regard

I don't really want to spend 700$ more to get a meme-Laptop. You're kinda right though. My aunt works in the design industry and people there are really snobby and usually get apple products to show off. People at gd-school won't give a fuck though and neither do i.

should also look at color accuracy when buying one
fan noise, if you plan to use it in a classroom
i think macs are overpriced, you are paying for a brand mostly, but if you don't know how to optimize windows so that botnet is not draining your battery and ram, then by all means, go ahead. teachers will be shilling it to you anyways. i dont recommend going into GD either, the market is really tough to get into, you either need to be very social to get job through or have talent, which the school can't teach you. they dont even look at diploma, which you spent $30k and 4 years on.

>and the rest invest them on a 2400g desktop.
damn only a $1000? I'd say get a Dell XPS15 with a GTX1060 gfx card, or an Asus zephyrus with a GTX1080.

Or get a macbook because you're entire class will have one and they'll have schools specials for adobe products for your mac. If its graphic design you'll be fine.

If it's animation and 3D modelling, you'll never a threadripper pc.

The job-market really isn't the best right now, but i allready know a few people in the industry, so i'll atleast be able to do a few nice internships when i'm done. Also my degree doesn't cost me a whole lot of money since i'm living in germany. Thanks for the response user.

I could also invest a bit more than 1000$ since i still have a bit of time left to save up some money. What would you recomend in that case user?

>but it's ugly as sin and so i painted red parts with a black marker
This is actually brilliant

Lenovo Ideapad 720s

HP ZBook or bust. Really, they have the same durability of the EliteBook line (mine's still chugging along happily after 8 years, one year of which I didn't bother to fix the stuck fan and would cool it with ice packs when it went above 100 C). Build quality rock solid, sensible USB-C docking options (but somewhat expensive docks), ok battery life and great industrial design, a "real" laptop and not uber expensive (and top heavy) as Mac or Surface Book. Keyboard is really good as well. They even have a convertible tablet version now if your're into that (ZBook x2 I think).

Check for student discounts, if you can afford it in any way, get that one.

anandtech.com/show/12610/hp-spring-2018-range-zbook-zbook-zbook/3

www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/zbook-x2/index.html

Attached: HP-ZBook_15v_3QL_AEC.jpg (3841x2471, 1.44M)

get a proper workstation laptop OP, and not a tacticool fucking gaming laptop, they have atrocious driver problems with their gpus. basically, listen to , not to .

$300 iPad (2018) and $100 pencil

Don't know about 3d modelling, tho

Mi Notebook Pro. That Acer laptop is good value though.

Mac of All Trades. Get a 2014 or newer macbook. My 2013 macbook air runs everything I throw at it without issue and it's only the 4gb model (can't upgrade RAM without desoldering it from the logic board and soldering on the 8GB module so go with the best specs you can afford since you can't upgrade shit later)

Then when you're ready for a better machine you can resell yours for almost what you paid for it, sometimes MORE if you find someone with more money than brains which is really common among Mac users.

yes if you want to have 1 hour of battery life

>$1000 laptop
>color accuracy
Pick one and only one
Look for lots of RAM, also a shitty video card that supports OpenCL, it's largely a meme still on Photoshop, but it does make some operations faster than CPU.
Don't buy Mac. You will turn gay. All people who do when going into design buy it as a status symbol, some actually think that somehow it is different and better than a Windows PC

Oh look, the samefagging mactoddler again. Do you ever get tired of shilling your overpriced underpowered defective trash that gets BTFO by walmart laptops?

Attached: 1499003982852.png (636x727, 137K)

I have a Surface Pro 2017 (i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD) and have been extremely happy with it.

Attached: sdO8tAw.png (720x720, 49K)

>everything I throw at it
Web browsing only then? Good luck doing any Photoshopping with 4GB haha
>can't upgrade RAM without desoldering it from the logic board
And this children is why, Macs are a no no

Ryzen laptops seem pretty nice to me right now

Get surface pro, or macbook but with pen tablet. Choose depends on your budget.

older models of Dell xps 13 with QHD display, if 13'' is not for you, then go for xps 15. You literally can't find anything better on the market. Price is around 1000€ - 1500 €. If u want something more cheaper and new then look for Dell Vostro 5568.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x1200, 365K)

>he actually cares what people in school think about his laptop
This is why you're a macfag.

Sb2. You know you want it.