Youtube, a for-profit company, offers a share of ad revenue to encourage content creation

>youtube, a for-profit company, offers a share of ad revenue to encourage content creation
>youtube changes their monetization policy so more companies will run ads and hence make youtube more money
>some old content creators get their videos demonetized
>internet flips out, can't fathom that this could happen
>"why would youtube do this, don't they care about the content creators??!?"
NO! Of course they don't! They're a subsidiary of a giant multinational tech corporation, ALL they care about is profits! Why would you expect them to have or even consider your best interests?

Attached: 1429262108185.jpg (251x242, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Content
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Youtube is Google.

>youtube is a content creator platform
>without content creators there are no views
>without views it becomes less attractive for companies to run ads
>they choose solution that in a long run makes them less attractive to everyone: creators, viewers and business partners
The moment any viable alternative appears, YT will be fucked. Short-sighted ass licking to companies will only make them lose profits.

>without content creators there are no views
>implying they won't just air 50 late night shows 100 shitty VEVOs and still make profit

But youtube has clearly weighed the risk of losing content creators with the benefit of additional ad revenue. They don't care if a bunch of people leave, as the remaining "ad-friendly" content is enough to make up for it. This is another thing people don't understand, your gaming lets play or tech review is NOT the content that is making youtube money, and they won't give a fuck if you take it elsewhere.

Basically just block ads. Or install ad nauseam

Is this something people forget?

this.

acctualy yt never made any profit, look it up

>The moment any viable alternative appears, YT will be fucked. Short-sighted ass licking to companies will only make them lose profits.

Considering YT bleeds money I don't see this happening for awhile.

Please think before adopting terms like "content creator".
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Content
>inb4 communism
"No."

I realized
>YouTube is a content creator platform
isn't actually so correct.
The stuff that's actually being monetized and big business on there is in 90% of all cases
>recycled content, created by others

Meme reviews/compilations (image macros made by others), gameplayvideo (games created by programmers), music videos (created by the music industry), reviews of technology and other materialistic generics (created by designers/engineers, not on YouTube) and similar.

Tell me, what formats being created on YouTube are really big cash cows for them?
Sure, there's people pushing out DIY HowTos, educational content, programming introductions, self improvement and other stuff, but that shit creates no revenue because too little views.
So according to the "follow the money"-principle, YouTube ain't a content creation platform.

Attached: 1508136181974.png (444x584, 226K)

> ALL they care about is profits
Clearly you've been asleep while they've begun sacrificing (relatively small profits) in the name of social justice (i.e. things SJWs dislike).

Entirely a play to get more profits by positioning themselves as politically in-line with their main demographic.

>Why would you expect them to have or even consider your best interests?
Because no content = no viewers = no money. I can watch cancerous James Cordon videos anywhere, can't watch whatever the fuck would actually bring me to the site elsewhere though.

Basic Attention Token. Nubs mad about YouTube when you should be learning about Web 3.0.

communism is based

Reminder that Google is Alphabet

This.
Jewtube retards think to much of themselves.
Every moron that uploads cancer to the site is replaceable and actually not even necessary for the website to exist.

>The moment any viable alternative appears, YT will be fucked.
that's really inaccurate, because there are plenty of alternatives that provide identical functionality
they just don't have the name, so youtube is not at risk

Pewdie pie has been overtaken by an indian drama channel. Only difference is they can now make bigger profits off youtube add revenue and no third party demonetizing them.

Youtube is a glorified video hosting site. People believe that because they pay creators, the website is a media company. At the end of the day, they are simply profiting off of the content of other users. Their power is in popularity.

gulag yourself

Fuck off shill. You are literally brainwashing kids.

Attached: 1496509637380m.jpg (295x1024, 83K)

Not this again.

What is this resolution?

Normalfags are dumb fucks get over it. Also youtubers will never switch to an actual good foss platform because care about ad revenue and not free culture.

>assuming I care about youtube
The site could shutdown today and it would have no impact on my life. I'm just annoyed with the number of people that view their actions as some kind of human rights violation.

>pushing pedo brainwashing shit on kids channel is ok
>actively censoring content that goes against extreme progressive leftism is ok
>the worlds biggest online company engaging in propaganda and social engineering is ok
>this is all ok because they are a private company

Attached: ss+(2017-07-14+at+04.35.01).png (658x743, 591K)

I never said anything even resembling that, work on your reading comprehension user.

Reminder that alphabet is owned by shlomo

You asked why people act as if what google is doing is a big deal. The answer is it IS a big deal if you care about censorship, freedom, and not being an evil piece of shit. Nice try deflecting.

Attached: 1496507826114.png (634x526, 489K)

No, I asked why people were shocked that they would do it. They're a fucking corporation, they're evil by merely existing.

>bitching & drama
>"""""""""""""""""""""content creators"""""""""""""""""""""

Ahahaha.
That's the problem.
People won't leave yt.
They find new ways of getting money and the only looser here is google.
The visible incomes from patreon is over $11m per month. What does this mean? This means that google provides a service with the hope of monetizing the creator to get a share of his money, and instead of that, they host their video for free, exposing them on a very popular platform without getting anything.
Do you think that 11million per month is pennies compared to what google has? You have to add up all those sponsored content and other ways of generating money without google in the middle, e.g. merchandise.
That's why yt is always sinking.

can you guys imagine the capabilities of the big dawg hacker behind all of the nsa shit tied behind google and youtube.

Who fucking cares? Time for those retards to get a real job.