Do emails have legal validity in a court?

Do emails have legal validity in a court?
I hosted on my server an illegal hidden service for someone who paid me in Bitcoin. Now he is blackmailing me.
All my disks are encrypted and I also erased all the data.
Am I fucked up?

Attached: Tor-browser-logo.png (1200x725, 74K)

if signed with PGP, maybe yes

fuck
isn't there anything i could do?
share the private key?
delete everything?

Nice job admitting to being complicit in a crime and taking money for it

Jow Forums isn't actually anonymous, you know

I am not even sure, but it may be
do you use the same key pair for all your communications? How many know your public key?

destroy all your devices, move to a different place/city and start a new life

>someone who paid me in Bitcoin. Now he is blackmailing me.
Lol. What did you host? Also this You literally admitted committing a crime on a site that has proprietary JavaScript used to track users and logged your IP.
Format and melt your drive and buy a new one.

the key is on the keyservers.. its public

>Do emails have legal validity in a court?
8 years ago my father sent some fuckface extortionist for 5 years in jail based only on emails as evidence

But here is no one charging me, paying a lawyer.
I had used that key only to sign messages to him

dude, what the fuck did you host?

if the key id doesn't indicate about your real personality maybe not, but did you do anything illegal in the first place?

A static webpage with an email address and prices for cloned credit cards

so you're a fucking criminal

No, just hosting

pfff at least it was no seepee. chill out

oh wow, ok.
that's not very good

best bet - delete everything, tell that guy to fuck off and ignore him.

Worst comes - just tell the cops you were stupid, but really needed the money at that time, cooperate and you'll probably walk without even a criminal record

Of course they do.

No matter what you do it can't hurt to:
Tumble your bitcoins
Destroy the HDD's and other hardware used to host the server (burn/microwave that shit)
Encrypt the fuck out of anything that may have been remotely related to the deal (like a machine you sent an email from)

If you cover all these bases and whatever else you can think of, you increase the chances that if the feds do come knocking, the effort it'd take to find anything on you just wouldn't be worth it. Assuming whatever illegal shit you did was small time.

He wants to show on reddit and twitter as the owner of that hidden serv.
Yeah i think I'll sleep over it and see what happens

>Am I fucked up?
This seems to be your approach:
(1) Go on the clear net and unequivocally admit to a crime, to a conspiracy to commit a crime, and to money laundering.
(2) Doesn't matter, because of (1)
>yup, he's fucked

Attached: bellen.jpg (2048x2048, 1010K)

>not exclusively using TAILS

should have known better user

This and be sure you get an attorney as well if someone knocks on your door. Work with the police but don't be completely stupid either.

This, dude, sorry to say but you're pretty fucked if something happens. That is unless you used Tor to post this question or something but that is against the Jow Forums rules of course.

Even if he used tor, 4chin uses unmasking JS. He'd need a VPN at least to go with it, probably more.

He's not gonna blackmail you.

He's most likely one of your clients who were using the service, meaning that he could get into serious trouble as well for even using an illegal service.

My advice to you is to smash the storage devices.

The blackmailer hopes you're a pussy.If he really reported you he'd get in trouble too.

>A static webpage with an email address and prices for cloned credit cards
>getting so worked up over petty crime
Cops have better things to do than start an expensive operation over a "crime" thats not even nigger tier.

>illegal hidden service

Hope you get v& desu

OP I'm genuinally curious as to how this'll turn out keep us updated

Lol okay sure
Next week at this hour

>destroying evidence and posting about it on an imageboard run by a chink that sells your data

>admitting to crimes on Jow Forums

Attached: meanwhile outside ops house.jpg (550x349, 48K)

Move to a country without extradition agreements.

Oh god OP you really fucked up posting about commiting a crime on Jow Forums of all places.

>Now he is blackmailing me.
Why the fuck does he know who you are?

Moot back in the day confirmed that Jow Forums complies with law enforcement so you are a fucking retard for admitting to committing a crime on here. I hope you enjoy prison OP.

Attached: 1521463381985.png (679x427, 14K)

I was answering him you retard, I am not fucking OP

yea, just post your keys on a public paste bin and delete everything

he can't do shit

This is why you disable JS in the Tor browser.

>Nice job admitting to being complicit in a crime and taking money for it
>You literally admitted committing a crime on a site that has proprietary JavaScript used to track users and logged your IP.

^^^^
These.

Why did you come to Jow Forums instead of getting a free consultation with an attorney?

Also, how is he blackmailing you? Wouldn't he have to expose himself in order to hurt you?

Attached: Screenshot_20180521_195443.png (944x236, 77K)

>Why did you come to Jow Forums instead of getting a free consultation with an attorney?
Not op but attorney, psychologist or priest can and will most likely tell the cops you're doing shady things.
It happened and will happen again, don't talk to anything official unless you're 100% sure you don't take useless risks especially if you did nothing wrong ( according to the laws atleast).

Call his bluff. He will go away.

Well op, you're fucked... but not that much... it could be waaay worst.

the best you can do is talk with the police, cooperate with them and you'll be ok, don't act dumb.

>talk with the police
Hahaha you're so fucking naive it's insane. Don't do this. Absolute worst thing you could do.

pic related

Attached: images.jpg (262x192, 7K)

>the amount of bootlickers telling OP to cooperate
>they all probably believe the police just want what's best
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Tor and VPN for pedos and drugdillers.

Attached: 1475465552544.jpg (1366x728, 101K)

I don't think you can post from Tor on here, may be wrong?

Nice tabs there, faggot

>the joke
>
>
>
>
>your head
That meme is years old, newfag. Lurk more

You dumb cunt.

Just melt everything and deny whatever comes your way.

Return the money and learn from the mistake.

What, I don't believe any of this. Everybody will shitpost on Jow Forums.

this, it's just nigger-tier scam; he's hoping you'll give him money and then will try again if you do so
just chill man, from what you describe it's nothing big. format your harddrive and you'll be allright.

this? OP?

Damn now the sites gonna be frozen again soon while the FBI gets OPs IP

(also tumble your bitcoins for sure and don't cash them out already if you wanted to)

Who fucking cares. I don't think anyone is gonna come knocking your door down.

Offline it, swap out the HDD, online it, new ip, new domain if the tor address is pointing to your current, deny it.

Sounds like you hosted a pretty small time service. If enough proof isn't delivered on a plate then nobody is going to waste the time to search.

I don't see him mentioning he knew it was criminal at the time, no tense mentioned at all. I would assume he found out after the fact unless it can be reliably proven otherwise.

OP. Do what I said, throw a movie on, open a beer and get on with your life.

Stupid fucking advice. Never talk to police, ever. They're not on your side. Destroy your drives, never use that keypair or any related accounts/usernames again, and cease all communications.

>fuck yeah more free work and extra profit for our private prisons, gotta keep them filled up or we're wasting our money here

t. american government