Do your classmates in uni think you're autistic if you use anything other (ex...

Do your classmates in uni think you're autistic if you use anything other (ex. thinkpad running arch with lewd animu background) than a macbook?

Attached: Lecture-Laptops-750x500.jpg (750x500, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eprints.lse.ac.uk/69182/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Yes

I went to class with a thick ass 15inch sager
Not even fucking around bitches were mirin my shit
I ripped the emblems off so everyone kept asking me what type of computer that was.

To be fair my background was some dope vapor wave shit, I have no stickers on my shit, and I am fairly hansom so this might not work for you.

rather be an autist than a brainwashed corporate slave

thinkpads are actually pretty common here as well as latitudes
i use an xps 13 myself and have seen more that do as well
girls mostly user acer
apple isnt that big over here, people probably think youre an idiot if you have one

Is this real? Is this how brainwashed American youth are? Most students in my country think macbooks are too expensive, so you'll see maybe two or three on a class of 40. Most use whatever budget laptop was on sale, some use tablets. A notebook and a pen works just as good imo and costs pennies. If we actually need a computer, like for programming, the uni provides them.

This

>A notebook and a pen works just as good imo
t. tech illiterate baby boomer

Nah I find it easier to use a pen and paper too. Just personal preference.

personal preference of a tech illiterate person sure.
not even trolling anymore, a small laptop with a decent keyboard is 100x more efficient at note taking + more.

If I'm just taking notes that I'll never read again (which is the only thing I do in class besides listening to a lecture), pen and paper are fine. And why would I read my retarded notes when I have a perfectly fine book written by an expert in the field?

sorry forgot the rest of my sentence:
if you know how to type and are familiar with your os's shortcuts

t. dumbfuck gen Zer
eprints.lse.ac.uk/69182/
it has been scientifically proven that pen and paper is superior for learning

ain't always about efficiency. clacking keyboards sometimes make me tard rage internally while a pen gliding across paper is a pleasant and soothing sound.

> classmates in uni
I am not a child, so I don't have this problem.

I mean i'll give you that, actually hand writing notes does help me remember more than typing them

there's someone using a thinkpad with windows 7 and anime background in one of my courses

>tfw just finished my last final exam for CS in my final year and am free and don't have to give a fuck about what my class mates think anymore

Attached: 1498068614439.jpg (616x680, 174K)

Most people don't give a shit.

There are more thinkpads where I study than macbooks. Random regular laptops still dominate between students, but at least some 20% are thinkpads and just as many linux devices. Right now in the library out of 7 laptops I see - 3 are thinkpads and at least 2 linux as far as I know. No macbooks though. Not everyone is in gender studies OP

Oh and at least 80% of my closest friends have thinkpads - and half of them run linux

>lewd animu background
I would think someones autistic if I saw this.

real and ancient, circa ~2011 ish
havent seen it in a while

Attached: 1472187414_be2451c0cd_o.jpg (1250x833, 502K)

Apple stuff makes up at most 50% of laptops in my classes, much less for phones.
I really do wish Jow Forums stopped pretending apple is the everychoice of personal gadgetry only because they see the most ads for it.
On account of the fact I'm a liberal arts major, I even have a large amount of manual note takers in clas, using paper and ink, those barbarians!1

No,because they use 2nd hand acer and hp laptops and anime is fairly popular here.
t.thirdworld shitter

Attached: 1522896065054.gif (400x400, 71K)

Sauce?

they think I'm autistic because I'm carrying both a windows laptop and a macbook air. I just like having the option to pick whichever one I'm feeling like using.

Yes, here in hipster-ass Austin practically everyone uses a shitty Macbook with a million stickers on the back that signal how politically-left they are. I wouldn't say you get weird looks or anything for using a Thinkpad or something, but they absolutely look down on you.

I use a macbook and people still think I'm autistic
[spoiler]i am actually autistic[/spoiler]

No because I'm not majoring in computer "science" in a shit American university and I have to actually write mathematical formulas to be solved and theorems to be proven. None of which can, at the moment, be conveniently done with computers.

no. maybe 2 or 3 macs in the whole auditorium. most use whatever werks for them. some have gaymen laptops. some whatever cheapest shit they could lay their hands on that could compile and run java cli programs. there are those who take their work laptops to lectures, too.
t. cs student

Please don't use a lewd anime background. Nobody wants to see that shit. Also please no cringey stickers.

who fucking cares what they think? pay attention and do well. seek those that do similarly.

desu, they haven't even seemed to care

I go to a VERY left wing university and Thinkpads are usually liked, tons of tankies using them. It's because they're cheap and utilitarian looking, MacBooks are usually frowned upon.

Writing out formulas is pretty convenient in LaTeX, bro.

you fucking kidding

have you never heard about TeX/LaTeX?

I LOVE LaTeX but it's not practical for taking notes. Mechanical pencil + paper is irreplacable imo but that might just be because i study Mech/Cse idk.

I run a Thinkpad X230 and the girl I have a crush on (receptionist at my job) said it was a cool laptop.

Wish me luck Jow Forums 0w0

Attached: IMG_20180517_153707.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

>last class was in
>used pen and paper for notes instead of laptop
>consistently top performer in the class
>years later read article that pen and paper is >>> laptop because of better retention and understanding over laptop users

Stop using a laptop and do better in class

Attached: Quantum-Mind-Power.jpg (1024x768, 253K)

If you're in engineering or science, you should be using a convertible tablet laptop so you can write formulas and draw diagrams properly.

Notes are more for a quick reference. Fuck digging out the book when I've got the formula and a better explanation for me in OneNote.

should I get a chromebook c201 or a thinkpad x200?
... or a Librem?

The thing that brother me the most in that picture is that they don't have desk and they have to place their computer on their laps. It is very uncomfortable, and if you prefer to write on paper you're fucked.

Attached: 292909-universite-de-bordeaux-amphi-olivier-got-universite-de-bordeaux-766x438.jpg (766x438, 75K)

MY MAN

most of them will be out after the first year. Why should I care?

I use thinkpad x220, using windows 7. no shit anime background.

linux on vm.. turn-on password active, boot-password active (fde), windows password also active.

looks like the chairs in the picture have fold out desks in them to me

Oh yes, they have tiny folding desk, I haven't noticed

It was like a mac programming class or some BS... fakenews.

Same here man

The ones with macbooks don't make it past 1st year.

Context: Medschool in Mexico.
I am the only autistic fuck who takes it's notes on a laptop, but since I am a very slow pen writer so it is a must for me, people think weird of me for bringing a lap, until I start typing and then they are all mirin as I am a very competent with the keyboard.

OneNote for me is a most and it's what keeps me passing my test.

Attached: notawindowsshill.png (1919x1080, 179K)

In my class those people with a laptop just use it for browsing facebook and doing everything except taking notes.

receptionists are 100% wife material, good luck user

Friends? Uni? Think?

Attached: CC1C5C99-EE1D-4EA7-AF6F-3046621CA631.jpg (1218x1015, 223K)

No because
1. I don't live in America
2. I don't bring a laptop to classes, pen and paper suffices

Why don't you ask them.

I'm literally an uneducated Dutchie on anti-psychotics.

No university for me. (not that I can enter one to begin with since I didn't even finish VMBO-K)
>Caring about others

What's the point of bringing your laptop anyway? I usually bring a shitty tablet/netbook hybrid running Chromium OS and I only use it sometimes to view documents and browse the internet

No, everyone uses a Thinkpad, EliteBook or a shitty HP.
This is not film school.

Is the bag in front of this girl Gucci? Why would she wear that and her Mac when she's dressed like a homeless person?

Attached: 1472187414_be2451c0cd_o.jpg (232x383, 45K)

No you're just retarded

I still use pen and paper because it helps me remember stuff. If I wanted fancy notes I would not bother typing them out because the instructors put them all online anyways.

>Macbook

Bitch, what is this, 2010? Normies exclusively use phones and tablets now. They don't even know what a computer IS.

Ask him if he browses Jow Forums.

Wrong. Normies might be dense fucks who stare at Snapchat all day, but they still recognise the inconvenience of typing on touchscreens for notetaking. A lot of them use keyboards attached to their tablets, or have either shitty laptops or MacBooks - both which serve as glorified Word, Facebook and Netflix machines

You'll be fine using whatever laptop you want OP, as long as it isn't huge or bulky, or you have some retarded anime wallpaper like the virgin you are

No one gives a shit about what laptop you use. They'll think you're autistic if you act autistic.

Everyone at my university dresses like homeless people because there are underground tunnels and skywalks connecting every building on campus so nobody ever needs to go outside to get to a class.

Except me.

>tfw spend half an hour driving to university in the snow, get to class, take off giant fucking parka, notice literally everyone else is in shorts and sandals

Why is it bad if everyone thinks you're autistic? Most university students these days are hardcore SJWs. If they think you're autistic then you get to boss them around and if they don't do what you say they're ableist bigots.

Of course being a white male probably cancels hat out. There's probably some transracial nonbinary with self-diagnosed something or other who will beat your oppression score.

this was the version i always saw memed back then

i always used pen and paper, as did all my classmates. i couldn't imagine taking notes on a laptop.

Attached: acer.jpg (960x639, 127K)

Not at all. The laptops (some HP elitebooks I think) given to CS students here come with Ubuntu so anything Linux and non-apple is common.

>need to make a diagram or something like that
>FUCK YOU

Attached: 2462524.jpg (306x306, 20K)

how to make notes on paper properly, feeling what this user said pretty hard. Im very messy with papers and my handwriting is terrible :(

They think I'm autistic because I sit looking at abstract meems on my own.

Should I get a 13 or 15 in macbook??

Every Word Processor makes perfect diagrams.

13, unless your chad and your fucking huge you wont need a 15 inch computer

No one gives a shit retard

Get 15 in since you might as well go all out with your parents money

No, no one gives a shit what computer you use.

You kidding right? Instead of taking 20 seconds making a diagram to illustrate something, I will spend 5 minutes making the same thing.

Its my employers money, and I have to travel often.

>not a PENCIL and a notebook
t. millennial incel

not a massive anime fan but im already autistic so it just rolls off me lal

You're just braindead autists. Your contrarianism make you part of an even larger group of consumerists who only swear by a select margin of products specifically targeting people like you. You are not unique, and never will be.

yea but my hand writeing is so bad i cant read it half the time

You need to get outside more. Normalfags don't think like this at all, only insane sjws who shitpost on the internet and the Jow Forumsfags who hate them view reality like this.

>boomer cope

you are trying to hard to bait l0l

>even larger group of consumerists who only swear by a select margin of products specifically targeting people like you
Breh you can run a Linux distro on pretty much every PC ever produced

It's true though

t. apple shill. please neck yourself.

why study medicine in Mexico? 30 bullet wounds are seldom treatable and that's a typical weekday in that hellhole

Laptops in general are crap tech, made to last less than 4 years, then become landfill filler.

you've been brainwashed to want to be an autist than a corporate slave. prove me wrong

Attached: 1426365709874.png (800x778, 328K)

>Thinkpad
>Running a meme
>Probably a shit waifu

Yes they do

She must like you, because thats a fucking ugly laptop. Only men admire such aesthetic.

I still use the ThinkPad x130e that the govt gave every kid for free 6 years ago at school, doesn't get much attention, but occasionally someone will recognise it and be amazed that someone is still using it

2008 was the best time to be a uni student. macbooks actually had a reason to exist. their battery life was vastly superior to any of the alternatives bar sony vaios, which cost a hundred bucks less but looked like shit by comparison.

>consitnently having to sharpen pencil
if im just taking notes to study and never look again, ill just cross shit out if i make a mistake