Is it compulsory for facebook/google/windows employees to use their services?...

Is it compulsory for facebook/google/windows employees to use their services?? What will happen if anyone gets hired in one of those offices and he doesn't use facebook, uses duckduckgo or startpage or searx instead of google and uses arch or any other distro than windows??

Attached: 8D3AC785F9094D3BB759455CA1013B84.jpg (774x571, 131K)

Moot?

I don't think they care as long as you can do the work

I know guys at Google and Facebook. Yes it's mandatory to have Google and Facebook accounts at each, respectively. Don't know anything about working at MS, but since you have to develop for Windows on Windows, it would probably be the case there too.

Seriously?
Why the fuck do people want to work for them so badly then?

My friend at Facebook is 28 and makes over 200k so that might have something to do with it. Hard to beat the big four in payscale unless you work in finance.

For the (((good pay)))

That's a pretty cheap price for your soul

MS not only makes Windows developers use Windows (which as you say they'd kinda have to anyway), they make them use bleeding-edge development versions. As in you're doing your development on the half-broken beta that you're working on. It's called "dogfooding" and I've heard more than one anecdote about people there hating it.

Yeah, good luck even getting a job without that shit. They ask you what are you using at the interview. If you say you don't use their shit, fuck off and don't come back.

Dam that sucks
Linux desu for the win

is that a new rock band?

(lol moot)

Are you gonna tell me you wouldn't work at facebook and earn 200k a year just because you don't want a social media account?

Why do you give a shit? Your employer has the right to know what you are doing on their time. Have you considered not downloading CP on work computers?

lmao who are those faggots

And be forced to use shitware?
Fuck no, i'd sooner be a homeless Linux developer

That's gonna be your future son, I hope it happens to you.

I hope so too
Linux is da best desu

why they look so soyboy

Go to closet homo

No but you colleagues might ask you why you don't like it

Then I would give a 1 hour lecture why its bad and get fired

Suck more corporate dick you faggot.

Visited the Microsoft office years ago, noticed all the Devs used Firefox...still Windows though.

No, everyone at Google uses iPhones, well except Pajeets that work there. They use Lagdroids for some reason unknown to me.

dogfooding used to be the idea that you would use your own product

it morphed into "use the beta to develop the alpha" once those management retards at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to adopt DevOps at the OS development layer

the idea was to cause the development teams to bitch at one another to fix certain things they needed to build new things and that the priority with which those things would be completed would be more efficient

the first form of dogfooding gave us cool new tools and new tech like the stuff in Netflix's github, the second form is a managerial edict that makes teams hate each other and produce broken code.

>MUH BUTTNET autism is more important than an intense, impactful, fulfilling and rewarding job
Do you wear fedoras to interviews?

Sup, I have worked at both Microsoft and Google. They don't care.
I used Linux and OS X on a hackintosh when I started at MS in 2011. Told them I'd never used C# before. Even at work at MS most people used Firefox or Chrome, and people joked about using Bing but still used Google for search. I did end up switching from a flip phone to a Windows Phone while at MS.
I still used Windows Phone while at Google. I use Google Apps for my email but the domain is my own so off-hand the Google recruiters, who are not particularly technical, would not have known my email is hosted through them. Nobody in the world uses Google+, not even Google employees.