What programming language should I learn if I just want a job

What programming language should I learn if I just want a job
So what language is in demand, relatively easy to learn and doesn't take too long to get proficient enough at so that I can perform a job reasonably well?

Attached: 491f87fb598d5834acaccc8e53e3f157.jpg (500x667, 104K)

Anyone?

Java if you want a handy job.

sucking dick

If you have no soul, learn COBOL. While most companies don't use it, there are a few banks that have a FUCKTON of legacy code written in it. All of their programmers are in their 50s and aging, and they can't really find any replacement programmers because the language is physically painful to look at. But you'll get paid rather handsomely.

Java.

Just search ‘java’ in your local job search website and it will have by far the most results.

python
easy to learn, widely used, web compatible, cross platform, easy to make a gui, easy to interface with bash

Thanks. Think they'll hire some dude who doesn't have any relevant work experience in that field?

>COBOL
I think that's just a little too crazy for me right now kek, thanks anyway

Java muh nigga

easy to discard
OP ignore this nigger just learn C and then move onto C++

Doubt it. Build a portfolio as you learn.

Meant for

Java fits your description and is the perfect choice.

>relatively easy to learn
>in demand
>also, not likely to die anytime soon

How long would you guys say it would take for me to get somewhat decent at java, at least good enough to not be exposed as soon as I start working? I don't really have a background in programming

C/C++/Java/iOS/Android

Post you're feet

R

>just want a job
Javascript

You can be anything, front end or back end, web dev, software dev with electron, mobile dev with react native etc etc.

lmao

Java is fine, but a lot of shops are going to be looking for you to have one of the myriad of Java certifications. PHP will get you a decent job and you won't be rejected for not having the proper certification/degree.

Can't I just get those certs though after I feel like I've learned quite a bit about java?

depends on motivation level, you need some manuals?

>you need some manuals
If you would, please