This is what peak performance looks like

This is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: 2010-10-29-13-52-44-1-the-bold-9780-will-sport-480360-lcd-screen-a-62.jpg (480x372, 138K)

But that's not a Bold 9000

I miss my Curve before Apple and Android took over

I have one of those. So good back in the day. Shame for the Blackberry tax you have to pay with every company to activate blackberry services.

What happened to blackberrys? Will they come back as the Thinkpads of cellphones?

The Passport is the best thing Blackberry ever made.

>Key one
>$520
>+ blackberry services tax
>tfw

Attached: 1505128769186.jpg (655x527, 59K)

When do we get a rooted classic bb device?

Never ever.
The most you're ever going to get is a Android device with Qualcomm chip and security fuse in place.

q10 was perfection, blackberry as good as it could possibly be

rest in peace

stop reminding me of how good we had it. Too bad RIM is full idiots who cant market to consumers worth a shit.

I'm using the old ass priv. Waiting for keyone to drop to sub $200 used.
Q10 was my fav phone by far. Used it until a year or so ago when couldn't deal with android app incompatibility any longer. Their OS was so fucking smooth...

I just googled to see what they are up to and KeyOne looks legit. sub 5 inch dildo phone with bb keyboard.

>shipping protectors still on the lenses
>can't peel them off because it's a jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Made by TCL a chinese company. IDK if we'll get a good BB moving foward. If it stays on Android, it needs to conform to 16:9 for Google from what I understand. If its on Android, I want all the bloat taken off like gApps. So I think the Q10/20 are the best bets for anyone who wants a classic device. Passport has been a popular BB device too. All of these are GSM and 4G LTE i think. IDK what the future of BB brings. I hate software keyboards though. Miss my Q20... need openvpn and wifi tether support on my phone too.

I wish Samsung would fucking buy up RIM and push out their own OS. Bring back BB10, evolve Tizen into something worthwhile, anything. I just can't stand Android. I love the way BB10 works. I love using it on my Passport. Its just a shame that its doomed to lose all 3rd party apps one day as sideloading them will eventually cease to work.

take your meds, kid

Reviews on keyone say build quality is solid. Much better than priv supposedly. I've never held one. Q10s were built like fucking tanks.

The Q10 and Passport are both really fucking good in my personal experience. It took me far too long to finally give Blackberry devices a chance since I was on the Samsung bandwagon with the S2 and S3. I've played with a friend's Priv and it wasn't very solid, even for a slider.

passport is a fucking square. Doesn't even fit in pockets.

The screen is a square, the overall device is not. It fits into my pocket just fine.

Passport's not square, and it certainly does fit in pockets.

>half of the front is taken by a tiny useless keyboard
This is 50% performance at most.

Fuck you, I bet you leave all those plastic wraps on for years until they get yellow and dusty. Dumb fuck consumer just assumes shitty plastic film is there for protection and not to prevent Ji Quin Jiang from scratching the soft plastic case when he drops it into a box. Die.

I'll take that tiny keyboard over a touchscreen pretending to be a keyboard any day

t. luddite that doesn't realize that swiping is faster.

Swipe relies entirely on prediction, and its an enormous hassle to make simple corrections if you're typing more than a couple sentences. Its for millennials who only post worthless nigroid trash onto Twitter.

I'm faster on a touch keyboard, I prefer a real one. Typing's the main thing I do on my phone, I'm going to do it the way I like to. Also this

>and its an enormous hassle to make simple corrections
You don't need corrections with prediction.
>I'm faster on a touch keyboard
Wrong. You haven't even tried it.

The "I only know one language" phone.

ΡΎ

BB motion user here, decent phone. Battery life and sturdyness is great.

Can definately use a better chioset, noticeably slower than the Honor 8 i had back then. Would love a square screen again with a control nipple, fuck thos 18:9 resolutions they have these days, for what fucking purpose? It's just annoying to go all the way over my screen.

>You don't need corrections with prediction.
Not that guy but sometimes you do, and then it's a bloody war to get the prediction to fuck off.

Prediction will only give you 3 suggestions that it ultimately picks from given its process of elimination, and its still often wrong. Because the process is inherently unintuitive its an enormous mental brake from the flow of typing to go back and make corrections. On BB10 I can just tap my keyboard and scroll over to exactly where I want, or immediately swipe left to delete a whole word. A keyboard with real tactile feedback is always going to be better. Every single typist on the planet has experience with it. Its ubiquitous. Trying to diverge from this standard is offering a bandaid to make up for bad compromise design.

>Wrong. You haven't even tried it.
Wrong. I spent years using touchscreen keyboards before switching to BlackBerries.

What shit kb were you using. Swype literally just works.

Maybe it's gotten better, the only time I've used it in years was when I was asked to type in the destination address in the driver's phone

I use Swiftkey on my tablet because it seems to be the only keyboard that even supports a proper floating mode.

Its still bad to this day. Despite phones having up to 6-8gb of RAM these days, 4-8 cores as standard, ARMv8 being standard, the dictionary of every keyboard is still limited and centered around lowbrow short words commonly used on social media. Its for Twitter posting by brain dead whores who only use their index finger, urbanite pavement apes trying to buy weed, or find sluts on tinder. Its not an input message for anyone with a three digit IQ trying to convey a real message.

>What happened to blackberrys? Will they come back as the Thinkpads of cellphones?

The hardware is fucking awesome, but the software is trash. If someone writes an open source OS for them then yes, they will definitely become the Thinkpad of cellphones.
Blackberry really locks their shit down though (there is a reason they were considered the most secure) so its probably not going to happen.
I would kill for modern mainboards for them that ran linux and used the same old hardware though. Some Chinese dude makes modern motherboards for old Thinkpads so its possible if there is enough of a market.