Can anyone recommend me a good ftp server program...

Can anyone recommend me a good ftp server program? I remember anons talking about one in a "windows programs you can't live without" thread

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (1200x794, 29K)

vsftpd is the only server i've set up. it worked well enough though.

if you just want a client get filezilla or something.

proftpd for server and filezille/rsync/wget for client

Thanks, that might be what I'm looking for. I just basically want a media server for 4k remux files and so far upnp and SMB don't cut it. 5gz wireless N from the HDD and ethernet from the Xbox should be move than enough for the bitrate (80 Mb/s at the highest). I just haven't found a network streaming method fast enough to work as well as plugging the HDD directly into the Xbox itself.

plex?

OpenSSH

Plex is just upnp I thought? I used to use UMS. I also do not want the files transposed; I've read that Plex doesn't even support 10 bit video, let alone HEVC or HDR

tar | socat

ftp?

It has Sftp

Filezilla. Works like a charm

This

is IIS any good for ftp?

Attached: ftparticle_2.gif (449x349, 14K)

you can use IIS as an FTP server, yeah, it works fine
but that is an FTP server, not a client, you know the difference right?

i just heard about it so i tought i could shate it with you it might help nice info from your side btw

>transposed

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 17.58.03.png (442x150, 22K)

Transcoded I meant

sftp.

/thread

use XAMPP

/thread

freenas on a VM

proftpd is the best, busybox is the lightest but you really don't want to do that. vsftpd is a shit and a meme.

Not sure how the bsds fare with ftpds.

FTP can't even properly handle NAT. Use SFTP

this

Depends on what you're after. No-auth-full-write anarchy server is good shit. You'd be surprised at the kinds of ancient botnets still lurking the internet.

this

>No-auth-full-write
I have no idea what this means, but I'm going to assume you mean anonymous FTP, which still can't properly handle NAT.

Anonymous alone doesn't guarantee write access to everything. Also anonymous can exist alongside authentication. FTP has its own weird bullshit, most NAT software handles it transparently for transfer ports and junk. Lede fucked me over recently cause it did not.