Multicore CPU Performance Formula

Alright Jow Forums, I finished my multicore CPU performance formula (GMP). It represents the maximum performance of a CPU when using all cores, and it turns out to be pretty precise, here it is:
> MF(2C + T) = GMP
where:
> MF: Maximum Frequency
> C: Number of Cores
> T: Number of Threads
> GMP: Generic Multicore Performance

Examples:
>Ryzen 2600X: 100.8 GMP
>Core i5 8600K (5GHz): 90.0 GMP

> Ryzen 2700X: 137.6 GMP
> Core i7 8700K: 120.0 GMP

> Ryzen 1300X: 46.8 GMP
> Core i3 8100: 43.2 GMP

Does it prove that Intel can't win at price/multicore-performance?

Attached: formula.png (2196x616, 58K)

bump

Ok cool but can you give the unit a better name
I vote for "NIGGERS"

>no proof
>no units
>no nothing
>just an arbitrary nonsensical equation
Huh kys idiot go back to

what is IPC

>falling for the GHz myth

> 0000
Then niggers it is.

Very poor theory. It doesn't take IPC into account, nor does it consider that all hyperthreading is not equal.

The whole point of the formula is to be simple.

What's the use if it's not accurate or doesn't have any proof?

Well this also makes it quite inaccurate. It gives a general idea but nothing more.

Consider this:
I7 2600k: 3.8*(2*4+8) =60.8
Fx 8150 = 4.5*(2*8+8) =108
The Fx beats both the ryzen and coffee Lake Cpus according to your formula.

Quads of truth

Attached: 1526602752369.jpg (350x350, 31K)

As discussed last time this thread happened, you have to account for architectural differences.

What even if this?
This makes absolutely no sense, you just assign a value to a given CPU, there is zero worth in your formula, it means absolutely nothing.
Any other equation is just as meaningless.

>and it turns out to be pretty precise, here it is:
It measures NOTHING, at what could it be precise??

I don't even want to think about why you thought adding cores times 2 and threads together would make any sense at all.

>check my finely crafted formula to shill ryzen again with self-made proofs
the absolute city of AMDrones

Attached: 1491349550203.jpg (552x661, 71K)

>tfw 59.2 NIGGERS
based thinkpad

>it's that guy again

First learn how CPUs work and how they're used in programs. Don't forget to learn how OS distributes CPU's power between programs.

instructions per clock(clock=hertz)

I like your idea, but that is not the solution.

You're literally just adding the threads and cores with separate weights to them.

No IPC is taken into account.

To be clear, something like this will only work within identical architectures.

>what is CPU architecture and optimizations and cache and fucking everything

this.

also, since Ryzen and current Intel have similar IPC, it should work for simple comparisons

> The number of instructions executed per clock is not a constant for a given processor; it depends on how the particular software being run interacts with the processor

> FX
> 8c/8t
technically, more like 4c/4t

Terrible. Doesn't even account for IPC, not to mention architectural differences. According to your metric, AMD's FX processors are better than CPUs that absolutely rape them.

how do one account for IPC? It's subjective
> FX cores
not real cores

They're about as real as your rating system. It doesn't account for a multitude of factors that affect performance. You just fell for the "muh gigahertz" and "muh cores" memes. What's the point of this when you can effortlessly find actual performance ratings?

>maximum frequency

Attached: snapp.jpg (506x391, 52K)

That isn't the worst crime OP has committed.

maximum frequencies are very important, although I would agree that the maximum all core clock-speed would be much more precise.

Real benchmarks would be much more precise.

> 37 different benchmarks
> 37 different results
> much more precise
I'd rather have one formula that averages every single benchmark difference

go post it on Jow Forumsamd

Damn, you mean I should spend more than 5 minutes researching an important purchase? It's not like the OP formula accomplishes what you're asking anyway.

OP thinks he's "got it." He doesn't realize the only reason his equation "seems" to work is due to Ryze/Coffeelake has just recently reached some parity, and thus his "neat" equation "seems" to work right now. It breaks down when you take into account of any future CPU or past CPU.

Its a non-relevant formula at this point.

Didn't you start this last year?

He started it last year

Yeah I remember a retarded thread like this from quite a while ago. I don't think he's really changed his "formula" since then either.

I remember someone told him to do this and that and he'd consider hit but your right. It doesn't look like anything has changed

found pic of op

Attached: 1520565717063.png (657x539, 110K)

> it doesn't look like anything has changed
but it did.

Please, enlighten us with the revolutionary developments you've made in your groundbreaking formula.

His earlier "formula" had some shitty "IPC" thing from some other site.

Literal braindead retard.

why not use a real benchmark instead, which actually accounts for IPC, which is as important, if not more, than clockspeeds and core count?

Attached: c39749030af64177af3560381281780d.jpg (624x576, 34K)

lol this is useless wtf
an ancient xeon from 2005 with high frequency and many cores would look amazing by this equation, yet it is absolute shit in reality and outdated.
also why the 2, just for larger looking numbers?

Poopoo
>Literal braindead retard.
I think you guys are being too hard on the guy. Relax
I remember he was planing to have like a co efficient or something for each architecture or series/gen
I mean he's thinking at least

that coefficient would need to be calculated or else it can be said to have bias since it otherwise would be pulled from nowhere, thata flawed too. It takes no effort to factor the things that matter in like l2 cache, pcie lanes, hardware ram support, etc.

>It takes no effort to factor the things that matter in like l2 cache, pcie lanes, hardware ram support, etc.
No I'd think that precisely would make it more difficult

add fucking variebles in for each holy shit!

that would make the formula huuge and basically have little impact on the results.
Frequency, cores and threads are the most advertised data for a reason.

>let's just sum and multiply all the numbers in the spec sheet to see which cpu is better!

Attached: 1525559463760.jpg (971x565, 141K)

>let's just sum and multiply all the numbers to build an aircraft

Attached: 1510559285925.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

> tfw 2014 Macbook with 54.4 Niggers
that's enough niggers for me.

>thats exactly what the fucking original equation is doing, its randomly put together clearly, and its not even accouting for anything besides the now meaningless clockspeed. An ancient cpu from decades ago that has shit peformance can get a higher score then modern top tier cpus.
wEW, autism lad.

>why the 2
Because a core is 2 times more important than a thread for multicore performance.

this is wrong, threads scale differently depending on the workload

its an abitrary addition, no point. you can literally make a better cpu perofrmance equation by multipling what mentions together. There is no requirement for how to make the equation up. It can be fucking negative numbers or in the googleplex's. and the fucking units maken no sense.

how much is that in Hitlers though?

>It can be fucking negative numbers or in the googleplex's. and the fucking units maken no sense.
Good luck, in the end it could end up being 1% more precise than the simple MC(2C + T) formula.

im pretty sure the threads op is trying to get us to make them a better equation and is using that whole make an erroneous statement on the internet and you get more responses then asking for help. we are not doing the work for you op, figure it out yourself.

1 NIGGERS = 0.000001 Hittlers

what in the fuck does that mean???
read
you are putting cpus that are far different and older on the exact same level with your equation.
A fucking arm arch cpu would do really well since they can be 2ghz 8 core, but note, ARM architecture, vastly different from x86. list of issues goes on.

>its an abitrary addition
not for multicore performance. Each core has 2 threads, that's why it's weight is 2.

I dont think you understand how models work. Sorry.

this

here's another one

Attached: 1526484106515.png (1300x2000, 307K)

Just made this table, it's pretty precise with blender desu

Attached: wew.png (1904x1024, 108K)

Cinebench R15 is also very close to those results.

Intel list

Attached: intels.png (2368x1044, 144K)

59.2 giganiggers

Pentium Gold and Celeron here

Attached: lad.png (1432x228, 31K)

Except you can't compare CPU frequencies.

you can

Attached: 1525092935112.png (558x614, 32K)

technically, you can between the same architecture, like comparing a 8700 to a 8700K, the only thing that changes is clock speed.

>b-but it doesn't work!!! It's useless!!! There's no truth to it!!!! reeeeeeeee

Attached: except it does.png (2368x1112, 225K)

Intel corelets btfo

Attached: lel.jpg (340x340, 22K)

now throw in some older hexa/quad cores and let's see

gmp is GCC dependency

it works with precision if you compare within the same brand/generation. I will compile enough data with those 6 benchmarks and make a new IPC constant for each brand so it will be comparable between different generations and brands.

I wish posting these were a bannable offense

Attached: out.jpg (560x510, 106K)

fuck off, they're funny

The first 100 times, maybe

What about shortening it?
I think x10^-3 should be "NIGLETS".

pic related is Raven Ridge compared to benchmarks. Still pretty precise.

Attached: Raven Ridge.png (2690x1232, 259K)

Explain such precision haters.
> inb4 coincidence
> inb4 cherrypicking

Attached: damn.png (2126x980, 199K)

So what's pmg now?

it's just GMP, typo

>it's just GMP, typo
Retard :^)
I think all the haters have disappeared

well, it's over midnight in america

>well, it's over midnight in america
That just means the retards are sleeping

The only thing it proves is that you don't know what you're talking about.

exactly

IS THIS NIGGA SERIOUS

Attached: 1374649643975.jpg (309x403, 56K)

then explain why it just works.
see:

interesting... now post some Intel ones.