Uber self driving car in Arizona struck and kill woman crossing the street at night wearing dark clothing while the...

Uber self driving car in Arizona struck and kill woman crossing the street at night wearing dark clothing while the driver was looking down on her phone.

Video of accident:
youtube.com/watch?v=hthyTh_fopo

I want to hear your opinions Jow Forums, who is at fault?

strawpoll.me/15756423

Attached: uber_self.png (750x545, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CRW0q8i3u6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

la creatura

Even a normal driver in a normal car would have had hit that woman she basically became visible right before the hit. Also was there a crosswalk there? If not then further her fault for not checking her surroundings, if yes then it's city administration's fault for not lighting it up enough.

nothing to be done. if a human had driven that car, he/she might have panicked and not only killed the retarded cyclist, but also a bunch of others.

traffic is fucking dangerous. the only thing to even critisize here is that maybe when visibility is so low one should slow down. but the car did have a human backup driver, so..

is this a shill thread and you retards are just here shilling? I have seen sub $100 dash cameras that had better visibility than that video, no way that video was not altered, go see any dash cam videos and you will see they don't look like that, specially since there are night lights.

Plus, self driving cars aren't seeing what human eyes see, nor what the camera sees, they supposedly use sensors and radars to see shit, as well as cameras. They should have seen her coming, a mile away, quiet literally, and so would you if you were driving that car.

Attached: lol.webm (640x360, 135K)

>crossing the street at night wearing dark clothing
Did she expect the car to stop for her?

>I have seen sub $100 dash cameras that had better visibility than that video, no way that video was not altered
looks normal to me. what would they even have altered

and why am I responding to idiots using the word "shill" unironically, *sigh*

>I want to hear your opinions Jow Forums, who is at fault?
You should have been here a few weeks ago when we were discussing it you fucking faggot ass retarded OP

its ubers fault becoz theyr took er jerbs! reeee

>I want to hear your opinions Jow Forums, who is at fault?

the pedestrian for being retarded and not looking both ways, wearing black at night, asking for it

the driver for not driving the car, which is what you're supposed to do with "auto pilot" turned on

telsa for calling their meme self driving software "auto pilot" when a pilot is actually still required.

gas them all

> not speeding up when it sees jaywalker
car is malfunctioning

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CRW0q8i3u6E

It's her fault for dressing like that.
She was practically asking for it.

The downfall of western criminal justice is the focus on finding "fault" so the perpetrator can be punished (and hopefully somewhere along the way the victim will be compensated).
A moral justice system would focus first on the compensation of the victim, and punishment for the perpetrator would follow in that wake.
The correct question for OP to ask is not "who is at fault (a question that has no objective answer) but "what can be done to make this situation right again".

it wasnt a tesla.

>Who is at fault
>Dark clothing at night
Woman obviously but I'd expect car to have better, perhaps laser-based sensors, not smartphone cameras.

niggers watch out

yeah but what monitors the cooling system? code written by some 22 year old at 2 in the morning.

car is always at fault in my mind, no matter what.
But it's irrelevant who was at fault what is relevant is that all this LIDAR and low light cameras and they are as good as human, what is the point?

I'm still surprised the LIDAR didn't pick her up.

Darkness shouldn't matter.
Though maybe her clothing absorbed all the laser light somehow?

this.
Camera and detection system are shit. A human would have definitely see the pedestrian.
It's like they didn't even tested their shit at night.

>Though maybe her clothing absorbed all the laser light somehow?

>code written by some 22 year old at 2am in the morning

>gosh i'm suprised it didn't work?

She was picked up clearly by the optical sensors. Their detection algorithm failed, and they didn't have failsafes using the existing detection built into the car.

>"driver" on the phone
It's what happen when you use a beta program and act like it's stable

>2am in the morning

Attached: 1526224903595.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

this happened months ago you fucking faggot

>2am in the morning

But isn't that noon in India?

I don't see how it is a western vs anything else. A motor vehicle hit a pedestrian, regardless of who's fault it was, this shouldn't happen, ok we know that. So who was the driver of this car? Not the person behind the wheel, even if she was paying full 100% attention, she could have reasonably expected the car to stop instead of hitting her as if she wasn't there. The question of whos at fault remains. It almost never is the pedestrian's fault, so it goes back to the driver, but who's the driver? In this case, Uber is the driver. And uber is responsible for it, but for the fact that Uber was testing a driving system, the car would have been driven by a human, it would this accident wouldn't have happened.

If Uber won't take responsibility for it, then how are we supposed to ever have self driving cars?

Ha! I wish. Insurance company is taking me to court for smashed windscreen that I broke with my face while jaywalking.

Anyway Jow Forums is at fault for fucking up captcha.

If you can't see anything, you have to slow down. It's that simple really.
If you go at such a speed that you can't detect an object and break in time, then you fucked up.

Added to the fact that the driver wasn't paying attention.

I forgot that jaywalking is illegal in America though. Where I live there are no rules against jaywalking. But if she was jaywalking then she was in the wrong as well.

Then both the jaywalker and the driver were wrong. Because you can't hit someone just because he breaks the law. You still have to drive at a safe speed.

>she's jaywalking so its her fault
this would be a terrible argument if it works in court, you could literally hit anyone that comes in front of you, make sure they're dead, and its always their fault.

More than one person can be responsible.