Sup guys. AT&T wants to buy an easement on my property for a Gigapower hub or node or something...

Sup guys. AT&T wants to buy an easement on my property for a Gigapower hub or node or something. They say if I get their service, I'll get the fastest speed in the area.

They want a fenced in 10x20 foot carveout (down from 20x20 that their truck can pull into and the possibility of installing more equipment down the road.

The contractor handing out easement offers is saying $2500 is the most I can get and that they won't give me free service. I didn't really like the idea of 20x20 on my property that I can never use for the life of the property (also hurting resale value.) We did find one area that will sort of work, though, once we negotiated down to 10x20.

He also says there's no chance of AT&T just leasing the property from me.

I don't trust anything a third party contractor in charge of snapping up easements says, any more than i trust an army recruiter.

I found some landlord forum where a property owner got $4500 for an easement which was just a small telco box in his property.

I don't really need the money, I'm mostly interested in if it's still possible to negotiate free service, or if there would be serious benefits to having a node in my back yard, ie being able to host really fast gaming servers on my own connection. Would I be at risk for people trying to hack into the node to spy on people? Is such a thing possible with physical access?

I think they really do want to deal with me, because what they want is too big for a standard telco/utility easement that most properties already have. They could try to eminent domain it but that's a long and expensive process.

Has anyone dealt with this?

>inb4 "plebbit spacing," i used proper paragraphs on usenet before social media even existed

Attached: logo-att-color-trans-200x200.png (200x200, 6K)

Anyone?

Damn, I thought you guys knew about technology n sheeeit

I don't know what you're talking about. It sounds like you're selling part of your property? Anyway good luck.

Tell him if they're not willing to work out lifetime free or discounted service for whoever is on that property they can go fuck themselves. You're really considering selling them your land so they can make thousands for years off of it while you only get a meager one-time payment of $2500?? I'm betting having that shit on your property will make you ineligible for other providers as well, forcing you to pay ATT to use the shit they built on your land

This

I'd tell AT&T to piss off as well. You have the footing in this situation. You have what they want, so barter hard. Make sure you get exactly what you want.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna play hardball on the real estate front and if they go with a neighbor I won't even shed a single tear.

What could someone do with a fiber node in their back yard? Legal and illegal options- not that I'd EVER break the law, of course

to be clear, what you want should be to tie in with them long term instead of a bullshit one-time fee. You're gonna be providing land as a service, dealing with construction bullshit and strangers coming in and out of your land at god knows what hours to configure this box.
>Being able to host fast game servers on my own connection
telecom providers investigate when they think residential customers have outwards facing services; it turns your use into "business-related" since you're profiting and they have the right to fuck your ass in renegotiating your service contract

You should send out a warning to all of your neighbors on how ATT came to you trying to blackball you with this deal and even if it sounds enticing to them they'll be fucking themselves as well as bringing down their house value if they sign up for anything under $4.5k+ and an extended service contract

They're wiretapping your internet

>offers is saying $2500 is the most I can get and that they won't give me free service.
Tell them to fuck right off.

>$2500 one time payment
That sounds like a fucking ripoff for what it's going to be used for.

Oh yeah my property is the only one with room for this in their 'sweet spot' aside from one other property that has an absentee landowner who I have the contact info for, but they don't.

Actually there's one other spot but I doubt that landowner is going to want the entirety of their lawn taken up by this. And it would still be literally across my street from my backyard so I'd still have fast fiber, and getting fast fiber out of this while not being fucked in the ass are my main motivations.
Paying $70-100 a month for that fast fiber may or may not be considered being fucked in the ass, of course.

ahhaahaha i love it
>don't get answer to weird, barely technological question instantly
>start insulting everyone
"if i insult them they'll help me" ! ahhahhAHahh

it's working tho
nice dub dubs

>weird, barely technological question instantly

>what can I do with a fiber node in my back yard
>barely technological

:\ ?

A. It's a real estate question.
B. It's your parents' property.

Anyhoo, there is no way in hell I'd grant the footprint of a large shed on my property to anyone for a one-time fee of $2500, or really any one-time fee. I would consider it if the property owner--not just your parents but also whomever they sell it to in the future--gets free service, no caps and no questions ask. If not, take a hike bub.

>everyone on Jow Forums lives on their parents property
kek

> It's a real estate question.

>"I'm mostly interested in if it's still possible to negotiate free service, or if there would be serious benefits to having a node in my back yard, ie being able to host really fast gaming servers on my own connection"

Attached: download (1).jpg (243x207, 5K)

>all these successful people who inexplicably ask for basic life decision help on Jow Forums
>not just some kid asking his fayborit internet app what they think of what his parents were talking about at dinner
Yeah, real conundrum here.

Attached: 555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg (600x375, 31K)

I just wanna know if I can haxor teh gibson at 2am in my backyard by plugging into their boxen

You literally restated the question in a fashion that proves I am correct. The people who could answer that question? People with real estate experience. The people who can't answer that question? People who use the internet to post Stallman memes and occasionally fire up an old Thinkpad with linux on it.

>people with real estate experience can answer questions about hacking nodes and hosting game servers

>or if there would be serious benefits to having a node in my back yard, ie being able to host really fast gaming servers on my own connection
Now I'm just waiting for you to move the goalposts and boil your inquiry down to this, which is exactly what /v/ would be here asking after hearing his parents might get a low latency connection to a fiber node.
Haha! There it is.

imagine being this retarded

the absolute state of tripfags, gentlemen

lel, you were savagely rekt. Thanks, you made my day. Honestly though, I hope your parents don't take that deal for a one-time payment alone; really, really not a good decision. But then they had you, so their track record is...how do you say...not so solid.

Attached: Go Back to vee if You Can't Handle the Bants.jpg (1220x688, 51K)

That wasn't even the OP

Attached: Totally Fireproof Really Guys Trust Me.jpg (1016x487, 130K)

Attached: IMG_5699.jpg (756x1008, 493K)

Free service or no.