You can now request your data from Discord, as well as turn off a few settings that you couldn't before. Of course...

You can now request your data from Discord, as well as turn off a few settings that you couldn't before. Of course, you can't disable the most crucial online (just delete your account bro)

Anyone wanna request their data from this shitty service and see what they're collecting on you?

Attached: Discord_2018-05-24_13-42-16.png (733x502, 45K)

It's not even the most crucial.
The most crucial one isn't even mentioned there.
It is the selling of your information to various affiliates and they don't name and keep very silent about.

They also forgot to mention how I, as a citizen of an EU country, am able to request them to purge the data on me.

Fine them. Shut that shit down. Citizens arrest.

now we wait

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-24-23-02-57.png (568x489, 36K)

Here we go

>It may take us 30 days to scrub your data and store the raw data offsite. Please wait patiently. :^)

Stop using this fucking garbage.

Attached: 1505146073796.png (1200x800, 74K)

what's the point if you can't request for it to be deleted.

no better alternative

>garbage
>better than any alternative out there by miles in functionality, design and ease of use

>Mumble has always been superior

You can if you're in the EU

Where in the settings is this? I can't find it I need to be spoonfed

Mere related, where is the option on IRC?

had to restart and update discord to get the options, nvm

Why do you even come here?

>discord
I see summer has arrived early this year

Mumble development is dead

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Finally I can export months of conversations with ease.

too bad that if you're an admin of a "guild" you still can't run sql-like queries.
and permission system is still fucked

not true. discord offer no option to 'delete your data'

they store all your messages in channels and PM's forever with no option to delete.

even the delete account doesn't delete your data

>They also forgot to mention how I, as a citizen of an EU country, am able to request them to purge the data on me.
They day you CAN'T purge data from their backups and data already sold.

wow, i knew they had significant data collective and sharing practices but is that even legal?

Mumble for VoIP only, Riot.im otherwise.

Are you retarded? They have updates every week.

wait discord doesn't let me delete my data?

i thought the EU law meant they had to??

It doesn't really matter for them, just like it doesn't for every other data-hungry service out there such as Facebook.

Yep, the telemetry sure does function well, the data harvesting is well designed, and it really does make it easy for them to collect personal information on you.

But as a chat service, it's pretty shit.

facebook lets you permanently delete your account

discord doesn't even delete your account, it just renames you and keeps all the data intact, messages etc, even for your friends to view

I use Discord, I even have nitro. I don't know what I've become.

This, I tried to delete my account and assumed it would scrub every message or PM I'd ever sent. In reality they renamed my handle to DELETEDUSER and kept everything intact.

>riot
>electron
fuck off

pretty sure they're violating GDPR and the right to be forgotten, as well as the UK protection act.

I mean selling the data with consent is one thing, but preventing the deletion of the data from their servers and preventing the continued sale of it is an entirely different matter.

Discord is also electron

yeah, but it isn't as ugly as fucking riot.
i'm still waiting for a usable, non-electron matrix client.

>The group of people that have discord accounts and the group of people that use Jow Forums overlap with more than one member

Attached: 1394216794635.gif (196x270, 2.2M)

They look the same you autist. If anything Riot looks better because discord's light theme is shit and dark theme is unusable unless you're in a basement.

Nothing wrong with discord

How do I correct, update, amend, or delete the personal data you have about me?
In addition to the functionality available through the “Settings” of the Services, in which you can correct, update, amend, or delete certain personal data, you can also request other modifications from us directly. Please write us at [email protected] with the words “Personal Data Request” in the subject or body of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
How do I object or restrict the manner in which Discord processes my personal data?
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
Discord offers you the ability to restrict the processing of your data for specific uses, which you can find in the “Settings” page of the services. Individuals in the European Economic Area have the right to opt out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please see the “Settings” page for your Account. You may also click the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.