Wow...so this is the power...of open source software

Wow...so this is the power...of open source software...

Attached: tux racer.jpg (640x400, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XptlVErsL-o
store.steampowered.com/app/404790/Godot_Engine/
store.steampowered.com/app/732810/Slipstream/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

believe it or not, the game is surprisingly comfy.

This is the power of modern open source software.

youtube.com/watch?v=XptlVErsL-o

Attached: 1200px-Godot_logo.svg.png (1200x485, 45K)

nah

Attached: 20180524151744_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Yes,almost as pathetic as pic related.

Attached: wangdonts.jpg (711x533, 40K)

Powershell Core is open source while Windows Powershell isn't, yet the two are almost identical. Are you saying both open and closed source are pathetic, or neither are pathetic?

Attached: ugh.jpg (800x800, 67K)

Yes because neither is free software

Attached: 1524242626939.jpg (480x640, 63K)

>flash game engine
>powerful
You need to check the lineup using the engine, no one is using it to it's full potential, it looks like a bunch of Live Arcade games

Our best hope is unironically the blender game engine for a 100% free gaming community.

Most games on the gallery were made with older versions of Godot before the massive 3D overhaul.

and yet we still come to the main Crux of the issue:
Who is willing to use an open source engine and make games for Linux? No one

Do you use VLC? Congratulations, you use open source software.

Godot works on all 3 major operating systems, and the development tools are also available on Steam for anyone to freely 1-click download and start making games with.

store.steampowered.com/app/404790/Godot_Engine/

Alright I used Unity before, literally all you have to do when you’re done making a game is press “build” and then choose which OS to build it for. Why don’t people just hit the “build” button three times and have access to all three OS markets?

I'm talking about big budget productions, they're more than likely going to go proprietary
Godot sounds like a great idea, but unless you can get big budget corps to start using it, it will remain stagnant
Licensing maybe? Not sure, not only that the total population of users who game on Linux being paltry probably affects it as well

store.steampowered.com/app/732810/Slipstream/

>vlc
Is shit. A SHIT

to everyone in this thread: lurk the fuck moar

Not exactly what I was talking about but cool nonetheless, thanks for sharing

I think it is packaging. The Linux world is such a mess

no u
This seems most likely, Linux is fragmented

its great for 95% of us. might not work out so well for the weebs who want to jack off to cartoon depictions of 8 year old girls

Attached: 1489598469155.jpg (350x350, 21K)

Which is my use case. So, again, it is fucking SHIT. It is also shit for streaming, viewing, converting, every setting is shit.
Why would you use such a bloated media player if you just want to do something as simple as viewing? Why would you use it for advance stuff when there is mpv?

mpv is also open source. now I'm just waiting for you to tell me that you use some other video player, so I can laugh at you.

what flight sim is this?

I have nothing against open sores lol. I just wanted to point out the fact that VLC is utter garbage

it sucks far less than quicktime player or windows media player
it also supports like 10x more formats than either of them
and has like 10x more features
i haven't seen it crash in like the last 5 years (qt player crashes on me almost daily)

so basically wtf are you talking about?

It's pretty bad yeah, but I'm assuming that anyone who uses Windows uses VLC because that's about all they know, along with Foobar for music and Chrome for web browsing.

>comparing to trash to make it look better
VLC panders a lot to winshits who want to play hentai gaymes video assets with one click

sheeeeeeet

Attached: 2018-03-21-134431_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 552K)

>comparing to trash to make it look better
literally what else is there to compare it to?
VLC works like a dream - you dumbasses have yet to provide a single objective reason for not liking it.

What's a good solitaire program for linux?
I don't really like pysol, it's just not comfy for some reason. Chess too

see

there's nothing native?
What about chess?

Energy Airforce: Aim Strike!

except that isn't true because all the major engines support it now and more and more products are getting GNU/Linux builds every day

>big budget productions
nobody cares about these, they are all deep in the pockets of microsoft, sony, nvidia, etc

you could just distribute binaries with everything statically linked, but then the situation becomes no better than on windows

Which they recently removed.

This

MPV doesn't have a gui

Yeah, for what it is, it's built pretty well.

Why reinvent the wheel

The game industry is rotten to the bone. GNU/Linux support, aka SteamOS, is no good for Microsoft.

looks pretty good

you cut it's head instead of his leg
lrn2edit

outta my way, video game fuckin' shits

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-24_21-15-42.png (775x599, 248K)

A-10C Warthog for PC is better in every way and way more autisitc.

Attached: 04-full-instrument-panel.jpg (1024x576, 201K)