Computer virus, cannot factory reset

So I tried to torrent an adobe application, and it ended up giving me a virus. The virus has shut down my firewall, windows defender, and every other anti-virus software I have. The virus also automatically cancels my factory reset each time I try to click the "reset" button. Audio advertisements play in the background of my PC, and when I locate and delete the files, they reappear. Sometimes when I think I find the root of all the ads and malicious files and I try to delete it, it either says that the pathway cannot be found, or that I don't have permission from my IT administrator called "trusted installer" and I've tried booting into safe mode to reset my pc and delete the harmful files, but it hasn't worked. A little help?

Attached: grunge-question-mark-cover.png (2000x1483, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewire.com/free-bootable-antivirus-tools-2625785
dban.org/
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc700813.aspx
combofix.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install gentoo

lifewire.com/free-bootable-antivirus-tools-2625785

dban.org/
wipe the drive, install whatever os you want.
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc700813.aspx

combofix.org/

please ignore these guys and wipe the drive instead. av software is not 100% perfect (especially when you don't know what you're doing) and the only way to make absolutely sure that your device is clean is to reinstall the operating systems.
there is no easy way out, your system is fucked.

this is your only answer, or you could try avast, avast is the tank of defeating bad viruses like this shit.

how does this happen
even when i have to resort to tpb for things like photoshop i still dont get viuruses

OP, had the same problem on my machine. I reccomend you go to Best Buy ASAP and pick up a copy of Norton Antivirus 2018, it'll clean it up no problem. Lemme know how it goes and best of luck

he could try an antivirus safe boot, which freezes his system and puts it in a custom os made by the av creators, or he could try a boot scan.

if reset this pc doesnt work try booting to recovery disk and restoring the system image

is there no safe mode and hijackthis anymore

Windows is malware.

OP here, does dban work if it's an SSD?

If you have backups or nothing important, simply wipe the drive from a live booted OS. Then, re-flash the BIOS too because I have heard of viruses that does shit at that level. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, but don't let it spread through the network

does wiping an SSD with Dban work? I have no idea what a live booted OS or re-flashing is

no, it does not work on ssd's. you can format your drive with a linux livecd instead.

didn't work

"anti-malware" is a fucking meme
only form of valid protection is some proper cyber-security solution with technicians that you can talk with face to face. not some fucking exe with "just found 500 ebic viruz remove rite now for 99,99!!!", and since those cyber security companies are useless for home use, here's what you do
you wipe the shit out of every drive, reinstall your os and restore from a clean backup you make regularly? don't have one? lesson fuckin learned.
or ofc you can trust some rajeeshware """anti""" malware to clean your machine, it's up to you.

Dude, get a flash drive and download the Bitdefender Rescue CD, flash it to the drive with Etcher, and when you reboot, go into your boot menu and select the Rescue CD. I've used that for about 8 machines, 3 of which were fucked up beyond belief, and it allowed us to clean it up enough to get the files off and reinstall the OS.

Install a live USB of Puppy Linux or something, on another PC. Bring it to the infected PC and use it to delete all files and format the drive. Reinstall your windows.
You can use Avira or another AV which has a live distro of it's own instead of Puppy Linux, but it really doesn't matter.

>no idea what a live booted OS is
Jesus fuck. It's when you boot an operating system from external storage and use it.

This. AV is a scam.

>boot into linux from usb drive
>save important files
>format+reinstall windows
>???
>profit

Lol OP you fucking retard

Attached: download (2).jpg (269x187, 9K)

>factory reset button
Are you doing this from windows? Mine have always been key combinations before windows starts.

Retard

Late to the party but I’ve dealt with this exact issue more than a few times. You get what you need or still stuck?

Attached: 38D388FC-6D82-41F1-8665-33716EFDB2DC.jpg (1059x1332, 871K)

bump

Literally install Gentoo