ITT: music related tech

ITT: music related tech.

Attached: landscape_tech-sony-minidisc-player.jpg (980x490, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3Trxpu5jvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wanted to get one of these, but wound up going Minidisc instead.

Attached: 31MF7TJQNGL.jpg (500x249, 15K)

Still have all of em.

Attached: md.jpg (1311x640, 141K)

is that a blood sugar machine?

>Memory Stick

You are a fag if you don’t know what this is

Attached: 4L_uVa5tAkn.jpg (474x265, 28K)

Shitty iPod clones.

I remember wanting one of those back in the day. But the capacity was so low I was glad I didn't when MP3-CD walkmen started showing up. I have one of pic related and it was nice until I got a Creative Zen Xtra that held 60 GB.

Attached: sony_mp3_walkman.jpg (400x449, 14K)

What were those fuckin little black square things when ipods were still pretty new? The ones with the little slidy touchpad? Those things were so fucking sleek I wanted one so bad

You have it backwards fren

Attached: 4L_DKbgq4eO.jpg (1024x518, 83K)

iriver h10

Attached: 1516040887936.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

Oh yess, I have that same Hi-MD player, low end but still pretty sweet.

Rio PMP300: September 15, 1998
Original iPod: October 23, 2001

Better luck next time.

>32MB vs 5GB
Better luck next time, reddit spacing cuck.

Never said it offered everything iPod did. Early MP3 players didn't have much space.

Early ipods were functionally shit. They contained hard disk drives so if you went jogging with one it was fucked.

sure kid

I had that! I miss it....

The creative was a great piece of kit

Since we’re here... what’s a good standalone portable music player (phones suck, desu)? Also, is 24/192 really good or is it a meme?

Yeah, it was pretty nice. Toward the end I upgraded the hard drive to 160 GB, but was only able to use 128 GB of it due to lack of long LBA support. I also never upgraded to the MTP firmware since I heard it had a lot of problems and you can't go back once you install it.

The jogwheel on mine is hit and miss now. Want to replace it, but Hi-MD player prices are ridiculous these days.

I like my Clip+. They're hard to come by these days though.

And yeah 24/192 is a meme. It's good for preserving extra resolution and dynamic range during editing, but it's excessive for listening. 44.1 kHz can accurately represent anything up to 22.05 kHz if your DAC is decent, which will cover your range of hearing unless you're a dog or bat.

The stuff about it having trouble close to 22.05 kHz is rubbish. The samples don't appear to form a coherent waveform when you're viewing the file zoomed in. But it's mathematically provable that only one frequency corresponds to that set of samples. And it can be observed on an oscilloscope that when that wave it played back, the original waveform up to 22.05 kHz is reproduced.

I tucked up and left mine in my car one day. Came out to a busted window and my shit stolen. Best player I ever had.

Thanks for the explanation! I’m a dunce when it comes to that shit.

Attached: IMG_20170119_013051822~01~01.jpg (1828x1989, 1.11M)

Does a bluetooth enabled portable CD player exist? ie, something small that I can hook up to a bluetooth speaker.

I don't think so, but some Bluetooth transmitters are pretty small.

Only other removable flash options at the time were compact flash and smart media. MMC had just come out. SD was still years away. Sony most likely was developing Memory stick at the same time as MMC so naturally they're going to design around their in-house media.

i bought one of these. how did i do?

fiio x3 gen 3

Attached: 2018-05-24 23.07.16.jpg (4000x3000, 3.51M)

Memed

Fine player I'm sure, but it's way overpriced.

is this the /pmp/ alternative thread?

Attached: IMG_20180520_113921.jpg (2448x3264, 2.74M)

>Rio 600
I had one of those and it was the biggest piece of shit ever. Returned it twice because of audio problems, only had internal 32mb and required proprietary expansion pack if you wanted more. Eventually got rid of it and bought a MDLP capable MD player and was infinitely more happy.

>Minidisc
So little mention of MP3-CD. I never really saw the point of minidisc. CD-Rs were super cheap and 700 MB could store around 10 albums.

MDs were a product of a time when either recordable CDs either didn't exist or were simply too expensive for the average consumer. MDs were nice because even a portable player could record and a lot smaller.

Anyone else have a 60gb 2.5in hdd mp3 player in 2006 or was it just me?

you got it fren

Attached: toshiba gigabeat.jpg (298x500, 26K)

It's also amazing how power efficient they were despite having a spinning drive. MP3 players all topped out at around 10-20 hours on a single AA battery while MD players can do around 50 on a single AA.

Players are actually going backward in battery life.
High end players usually top out at 12h. Except sony players at about 30h.
Low end ones are usually 20-25h.

jelly

i want that bigger one

does anyone remember pic related
>youtube.com/watch?v=U3Trxpu5jvQ

Attached: sony blu.jpg (1600x1318, 664K)

I've got that Sony TOSLINK adapter, it spouts weird errors in the device log.

i had one of the round slim walkmen, but once the internal battery is worn you can pretty much throw it the fuck away

i member that alien puppet, was there other commercials/ads w that thing?

Meizu M6 MP3 player, not the phone, but the portable player.

always wanted one, but was too poor as a kid

This thing got me laid.

Attached: Zen.jpg (327x500, 23K)