How does one become an "expert" in any given language...

How does one become an "expert" in any given language? How much time and dedication does this actually take and what does it mean? That you can do literally anything someone wants, explains or throws at you in that language? Does it mean having unbreakable code? Is it even possible to get there without actual job experience?

Pic related

Attached: 1200px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (1200x1349, 69K)

Bump

The more you know from a programming language, the easier it gets to write the shit you want.
When you start to feel like a lazy retard that have almost no effort to pull something, and this something is actually good, then you're an expert.

~10 years

Be a core contributor to the standard.
Anybody who claims to be an expert in any other situation is a pompous fool

>Pic related
There are maybe 3 people on the entire planet who have an "expert" understanding, or even any understanding at all, of the full scope of sepples.
And I'm pretty sure all 3 of them would tell you to use any other language if at all possible.

You're telling me no one at Twitter, Google, Tesla, Microsoft, etc is not an expert at c++? I seriously doubt that

>expert
>full scope of a language
Two different things.

I am 100% confident in that statement because most production-level C++ is a sprawling nightmare that cthulu itself would run away from

even compiler engineers are confused by C++

not even bjarne is a C++ expert

Then what's best case scenario? And is it a safe bet to ignore any job asking for "expert" in X language?

>had to recently add std::addressof because people kept overloading &
sepples is the worst curse cast upon humanity

If a job says "expert" it means "Not completely retarded in using"

>worked with Cpp for 16 years
Don't consider myself and expert. It's simply too vast a language for one human mind. There aren't enough hours in the day.

How did you get your first start? How much did you know? Any advice for college students and finally, what's the biggest challenge you've ever had in C++

writing idiomatic code
it's just a bayeux tapestry of horror

>16 years
I've been working with it for 3 months and every day I've wanted to put a shotgun in my mouth
It's like combining all the worst aspects of C and Java into one thing

>taught myself
>virtually nothing
>drop out
>understanding the horrific legacy codebase at my first job

It gets better if you let that little piece of your soul, which wants a clean and comfy codebase, die.

This
I pity anybody who cannot see how powerful c or c++ truly is. You can do anything. Nothing is beyond your reach with c++.

coding, stupid , coding.

Why do people even reply when they're going to say stupid shit like this? This is like telling someone that wants to become a millionaire "make money hehe"

>You can do anything. Nothing is beyond your reach with c++
The same is true with python except it's literally 10 times or more easier and faster

Write a kernel in python
Or a real time audio processor
Or any serious 3d graphics render
All just with core python - no libraries.
Protip: you can't.

when a hand start to hurt

Attached: EA6498E0-9745-43B0-B485-4850737CFAFF.png (645x729, 77K)

They're telling you that the only way to become an "expert" at a language is to constantly use it. Make projects. Figure it out. Debug them. Use new frameworks. Create new frameworks.

What do you expect them to respond with? Meditate six hours a day while sipping on warm apple juice. You will become a master at any given language that way.

No. You just do it.

Except those things are a given not to mention those were specific questions. Again that is a non-answer to a legitimate question.

Becoming an expert in a language is mostly pointless. Make better use of your time and create good software.