SHOWDOWN: X1 Carbon vs. XPS 13

Which laptop is the best? I have been tossing up between these two for around a month at this point, as I have a phobia of buyers remorse.

I was also considering the MBP 13inch, but after looking into the build quality and throttling, I am no longer considering.

Attached: 1100641F4654F941BA5A33050DEE06BFE643B5-2D77-7C6F-B3AB-FD34377CEC94 (1).jpg (448x252, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on what you like more. They're pretty much the same thing, so just pick whatever feature you value more.

Thin bezels and all black aesthetic vs nipple and segregated touchpad buttons.

Since you seem more pragmatic and less biased than most here, what is your opinion when throwing the MBP into the mix here?

Lenovo is locked down, overpriced, underpowered, but has a better reputation for build quality (at least they USED to, I don't know how much of it left is just nostalgia)
Dell is much more open to user tinkering/OS choice/component choice, very well priced, and typically has much stronger components. But, having been using my Precision 7510 for the last 3 years, their keyboards are fucking TRASH. Not to type on or anything, that's totally fine, and it even came with a (fairly useless) clitmouse.
But the butterfly switches love to just get gummy and jammed up for no apparent fucking reason, so commonly used keys start to develop distinct sounds and feel from other keys and it drives me fucking bonkers
Otherwise extremely pleased with it.

Dell has really been stepping their laptop game up the last couple of years and I feel like lenovo has overly stagnated, relying too heavily on thinkpad as a brand to sell and produced lots and lots of crummy consumer-grade shit

I would put it where it belongs. If you're paying that much money for the hardware, then you should be able to use that hardware.

A $800 mid range laptop should not be beating a higher specced $3000 Macbook in performance, but they consistently do.

Attached: 1515015967802.jpg (872x900, 133K)

>I am 13: The post
Nobody said anything about a $3000 macbook, bub.
Entry level macbooks are actually perfectly reasonable for what they are and the build quality you get with them.

>inb4 SHUT UP APPLE SHILL FUCKING MACFAG

>Entry level macbooks
It's funny because those ones are actually slightly less retarded and perform exactly the same as the ones costing 3X because they both throttle down to the same performance level, as they use the same generation of CPUs. High specced macs are just a complete meme though since they completely lack any kind of sane cooling system to sustain the thermal load requirements for more than 30 seconds.

>Nobody said anything about a $3000 macbook
To get the same i7 as in the xps and x1 carbon, i think you would need to spend around $3000

>To get the same i7 as in the xps and x1 carbon
Why would you need to do that when the cheapest i5 versions at less than half the cost already far surpass the $3000 macbook in performance?

>To get the same i7
Last generation XPS 13's don't even have an i7 as an option, and the new generation starts at $2000 to get an i7.
What are you on about exactly?

>because they both throttle down to the same performance level, as they use the same generation of CPUs
You're a terribly stupid person, please do not continue posting.

>build quality
>mac
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

Shit goes a lot deeper than just the keyboard.

Found the Mac shill lol.
I was going to post that 'this is going in my cringe compilation' gif, but I actually feel bad for this one.
How much are they paying you lol?

>Over a decade of hardware and manufacturing issues
You could track literally any manufacturer and find the same, if not more, problems.

Any given model laptop here to have a modern i7 is immediately in the $2-3k range.
How does pointing that out make me a shill, you jr high drop out?

>the new generation starts at $2000 to get an i7.
Pretty good deal considering they're twice as fast as a $3000 throttlebook, have a higher res screen, better battery life, better cooling, better keyboard, and far superior build.

Attached: 1505930048474.jpg (851x474, 107K)

My 2015 top spec xps 13 has a 4k display and an i7 and I picked it up "used" but there wasn't a scuff on it for $550 lol

5 more rupees have been deposited into your account

> a tossup between a dell and a new lenovo
why don't you just throw Acer into your shit salad too?

Attached: maggot4.png (1033x645, 568K)

>Allow me to make wildly outlandish claims nobody outside of Jow Forums agrees with while reposting uncited "isnt apple so stupid" images
Macbooks have throttling issues without question, but if you're going to be doing *fucking rendering* don't get any consumer grade fucking anything. At the bare minimum you should be looking at mobile workstation lines.

Good for you and your 3 generation old i7 and cum-stained laptop.

Holy shit you're like a fucking cockroach. You have absolutley zero shame. You'd think that getting raped and vanishing from 2 threads in a row would make you stop posting garbage, but no. You just carry on like your job description says. At least delete the evidence you got BTFO you dumb pleb LMAO

Here you go

I will humiliate you and spank you out of every thread you dare to post in until you get fired for lack of replies in threads.

>the absolute state of Jow Forums discourse

Imagine being this assblasted.

Attached: 1505607536665.jpg (813x1402, 176K)

How are you so thick skinned as to repost your same shitty images over and over again?

>3 generation old i7
It's not exactly as if any of the newer ones are groundbreaking for the price you'd be paying more for. Sorry you're salty. I bought it a year after it came out. If you need power you wouldn't get an xps 13 or 15 in the first place.

>fuck fuck FUCK
>2 of my troll threads got uncovered as well as my identity as a brown microshill!
>i can't escape it!
>erm, let me just post this image of a wojak and call him mad i t-think that will save me??

Back to rebbit, stupid cunt.

Not on the same degree as apple.
Apple is the bread and butter of the computer repairshops.

>Apple is the bread and butter of the computer repairshops.

That's because when a normie's McLaptop breaks they just throw it away as it only cost $400 in the first place. Its not worth fixing. Repair people are retarded and cannot into logic or statistics. A shitty average laptop will break in like 3 years, the owner will not repair it and instead just buy another of the same piece of shit, and so on. Then repair guys are sat there thinking "Gee, look at all these Macs coming in, they must break all the time because they're the only computers I see!".

Holy shit you're like a fucking cockroach. You have absolutley zero shame. You'd think that getting raped and vanishing from 2 threads in a row would make you stop posting garbage, but no. You just carry on like your job description says. At least delete the evidence you got BTFO you dumb pleb LMAO

Here you go

I will humiliate you and spank you out of every thread you dare to post in until you get fired for lack of replies in threads.

Attached: 1496060765428.png (1280x720, 1.67M)

my work laptop is a dell latitude 7480, it's pretty nice

Attached: csm_P100065217_0281686036.jpg (738x554, 54K)

Holy shit this iToddler is OBSESSED.

Attached: 1526023662074.png (441x302, 58K)

Do you eat computers, dobson?

What is it about Apple product ownership that turns otherwise functioning humans into rabid autistic mouth-frothing fruit cultists?

Attached: 1512178923040.jpg (996x954, 299K)

>If you need power you wouldn't get an xps 13 or 15 in the first place.
As I literally said, yes

Imagine being this naive and blind
You don't see ACER repair faults being listed out like this because its ACER, first of all nobody gives enough of a shit to hate them enough to list it all out in an hour long video, and second of all, its ACER, what did you expect?
Same is true of Dell, Lenovo, et al

>Latitude
Please do not promote that line, I have spent so many fucking hours fixing those piles of absolute shit
Vostro/Precision/XPS are all great though

Wait what? Are you two pootards this bad at context that you fail to realize this guy was one of your own?

They're clearly talking about you iPajeet.

Wait, you mean that faggot was quoting all those posts under the assumption that they're the work of one man?
Because I was only this guy and no one else

Attached: f.jpg (250x248, 15K)

XPS hands down.
Better battery life, better CPU clocks and themals, smaller overall footprint and a better screen while being cheaper.

Lenovo is an absolute meme now, not even used ones are worth it now that even the lowest Inspirons have replaceable RAM, HDD, ODD and spill resistant keyboards for less than $250 new.

I've tried them both and the xps looks like cheap shit irl compared to the x1. I might buy It when my latitude dies.

what's wrong with latitude? never had issues, older ones have the best build quality out of dell products. pretty easy to swap parts too

>otherwise functioning
that's a mighty bold assertion there

>getting baited into posting links of me exposing you
>that same shrek image

You're honestly dumber than I thought. Why do you always copy too? Say something original, did that get you downvoted back on Rebbit?

Kill yourself Winshill Microjeet. You've been exposed. What are you still doing here? You've not even contested being a Microshill.

It's psychological, they regret their purchase but don't want to admit they made a mistake. They turn to overcompensating to convince themselves that they didn't do anything they regret. Similar to whores pretending that they didn't do anything wrong by rabidly promoting being a whore.

Considered getting the XPS 13 at the end of the year but how is it in terms of glare from sunlight, ideal for sitting outside or will the sunshine the screen have too much glare?

The x1 carbon screen is the best for outside usage. literally no glare.

XPS for sure, it's way more refined

im holding out to see the mbp refresh if they go quad core i5s in the 13" otherwise ill pass

>after looking into the build quality
X1 sucks in this regard.

Unless you need battery charging thresholds, don't buy memePads

I looked at both the xps 13 and the zenbook ux430. I chose the Zenbook in the end, better value for money and nonretarded camera placement (touch screen meh)

>new ones are 4c/8t
>old ones are 2c/4t
hmmmmmmm

I'm not that guy, but they did come with quad cores back then, and even before.

They came in both flavours since long time ago. 4c just had "Q" suffix in naming
T. 3rd gen 4c/8t i7