What kind of receiver do you use? what do you have hooked up to it?

What kind of receiver do you use? what do you have hooked up to it?

What are the things you look for when buying a receiver?

Do you think this is a good deal?
accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrs530bt/denon-avr-s530bt-5.2-ch-x-70-watts-bluetooth-a/v-receiver/1.html

Attached: 710GfjkAcML._SL1500_.jpg (1500x642, 127K)

Bump for interest

That looks like a good deal for a new unit.

this ones refurbished. it has a 1 year warranty. literally anything similar is $200 or more.

Sony STR DN-840 I have a mix of speakers that equal out to 7.2, I havent had any problems besides lacking atmos support for newer movies.

Still a fine price. It seems to have all the basics and I/O for new devices. You can get old high-end receivers on CL for around the same price but the extra power probably wouldn't even be used (this looks to have 50x5 which is really fine if you have/get a powered subwoofer, so you don't need an 80x5 or 100x5 which could power some large tower speakers itself.) and your connectivity may be limited to coax/optical when so many lower-end sources are HDMI-only these days.

Onkyo 676. I have my PC, Kodi PC, Switch, and record player hooked up to it. I'm using 4 shitty thrift shop speakers, but hopefully I'll replace them soon.

Attached: g580TXNR676-F.jpg (620x378, 18K)

That looks nice. $170 on ebay and I don't see anything that isn't a straight upgrade from OP's.

Picked this up for pretty cheap.

-Pioneer Elite vsx-44 (ebay 10-14-2016) $129.99, remote $19.39
$149.38

Only thing missing is a front knob, which I couldn't find to replace, but it isn't needed.

Attached: VSX-44 back.jpg (1500x670, 206K)

I think I got this on crutchfield like 4 years ago for like $350 or so.

I've got the same one, TX-NR676E. Only thing that's hooked up to it, using HDMI, is a small PC with pulseaudio. I run everything else through that one. One thing that does annoy me slightly is that Wintoddler computers can't into network sound and can't use it properly. The TX-NR676E does have some network sound options but none of them seem to work. This play-fi thing gives 10 second of lag and bluetooth from wintoddler computers also seriously lag (which isn't a problem with linux computers for some reason but those are better off using pulseaudio).

>crutchfield
Knowing them you probably paid $350 just for a remote.

Got a Pioneer A-10 that I've just got my computer rigged up to. The sound output has stopped on the left hand side though so I either need to get it repaired somehow or look for a replacement.

I'm using a Denon S930H.
I have a pair of Klipsch RP-260Fs and a R-112SW hooked up to hit. Mainly use it for music and the occasional movie.
It does have some hiccups some times. For example there's one song that I listen to where there's almost always some sort of crackling sound at certain points.
A friend even spilled some punch near it and some splashed on the top and it's going.
I'm honestly thinking about selling all of it at a discounted price because I want to upgrade to the piano black versions of the speakers and the piece of mind of having a receiver that hasn't had an alcoholic drink splashed on it.

>and it's going
still going strong*
The random distortion in that one song was happening before the spill. Forgot to mention that.

Overkill Yamaha 7.1 something something

why is there no 2ch amplifier with configurable subwoofer output? only those retarded multichannel home theater things let you choose what frequencies get sent to the sub. stereo amps send the full range there and cant cut the low frequencies from other speakers like those bloated av receivers do.

usually there's already a two channel crossover in your sub doing just that

I have a Denon 2300W I think. 2300 something. It's good as a plain receiver, better sound quality than the Onkyo NR676 I had before it (though not as powerful) but HEOS sucks rocks. At least the Onkyo supports SMB.

Deal is not bad but you can't use powerful/big speakers. 6ohm is pretty average but 70w per channel is low.

I'd go for Yamaha personally but if yo are low on cash this should do just fine with small satellite speaker or speakers that can fit into a cup board

>but you can't use powerful/big speakers
totally depends on the speaker's sensitivity, mate

its actually the small speakers that need more power to work properly

OP here, i was thinking about buying some POLK S15's to use with this.

I really don't know much about surround sound, but I'm planning to put together a decent audio setup sometime in the next year or so. One thing I've noticed in looking at some of these receivers is that the cheaper units that support Atmos often don't have channels for the height speakers. Could I use the rear surround channels on your standard 7 channel receiver for the height speakers? Is 5.1.2 better than 7.1 in the first place?

Based Crutchfield salesman earning top dollar

This guy is correctBut in general it is very difficult to find the features that you want without a bunch that you don’t. It’s been a couple years (5+) since I shopped around and it’s cool to see more choice in reasonably priced 2 or 2.1 setups with a decent number of inputs.

Denon 2313 with DALI Zensor 7,5,1,Vokal and Sub E-12F in 7.1.

The 2313 is 7.2 with 135W per channel.
Gotta love them banana plugs, all 28 of them.

Attached: spoikah.jpg (1920x3000, 1.11M)