How do I protect binaries against reverse engineering? I know CodeMeter is one such program, anything else...

How do I protect binaries against reverse engineering? I know CodeMeter is one such program, anything else? Why is no company concerned about this and there is so little to find about it?

Attached: copy_protection.png (296x266, 72K)

You can't. Stop enforcing (((DRM))) you filthy Jew

This.

Themida, VMProtect

Write it for an obscure system and run it in a virtual machine.

You can't, if a computer can execute it, a human can eventually understand it. In any case nobody cares that much about your shitty hello world program, just strip symbols and avoid defining sensitive strings and that's more than enough for you.

Fucking Jew.

Attached: sagesagesage.jpg (800x563, 83K)

Write it in brainfuck.

So I can just grab any company's ARM board and steal their product and sell it as my own..
This is a complex program tho.

you cant really do that if someone that knows what they are doing really wants to do something to it.

run services online

>So I can just grab any company's ARM board and steal their product and sell it as my own..
Yes. It's not stealing if you buy it.

>So I can just grab any company's ARM board and steal their product and sell it as my own..
You can't slap your name on and claim you did it, but yes you can buy a piece of hardware and then resell it.

>buy one companys ARM based product once
>copy everything
>sell it as my own somewhere in China
Huh.

write it on a never-heard of processor and use lots of obfuscation

Attached: MOS_6502AD_4585_top.jpg (790x287, 20K)

What's the problem?

You know a way to fab arm-compatible chips for cheaper than the competition, you will be a rich man.

You could make obfuscation schemes at the cost of seriously hampering performance. In actuality it doesn't matter. If someone is smart enough to reverse engineer it, they can probably make a better product than you.

Learn Malboge. That'll fuck with them.

>Why is no company concerned about this and there is so little to find about it?
Because unless you know a fair bit of c and asm (which not a lot of you kids do....) anything wdasm spits out at you won't make a lot of sense.

Attached: DFlSShdV0AIBaAr.jpg (1157x1200, 178K)

>which not a lot of you kids do
its not too hard to learn though

Be my guest.

>t. used to disasm proprietary software to inject code and patch up old systems
It's really not worth the effort. These days you can literally point and click an app in about 5 min.
Unless you come across a truly beautiful program - then it's fun. Otherwise old tech.

My analogy is those hipster tinkerers you see sometimes, it's great that they're fixing old whitegoods and shit but how many working cassette deck do we need?

Attached: 14431904604_d7a272f7b4_h.jpg (1600x1170, 676K)

Its something I've always been curious to learn for game modding. Some people did some seriously impressive work extended age of empires 2 and its AI system through reverse engineering it.

No just buy the chip and copy the software and resell

What software? Chances are it isn't worth much, even if you rip off something you will have a hard time manufacturing for cheaper than the OEM. Likely you will just lose money and end up with stuff you can't sell

If someone else can make your software better than you, then you don't deserve it.

Attached: 1421394998729.gif (800x450, 160K)

1) sell it as a webservice, keep your sensitive IP behind a firewall

2) hire an army of lawyers

> In the news, new brainfuck decompiler

No matter what you do a binary can be reverse engineered into something that mimics the binary.
The source code may not be an exact copy though.

are you indian?

Still waiting for a photoshop clone

Brainfuck is so convoluted I dont believe it's possible.