Hypocrites on tech youtube

>makes a dedicated video where he taunts Cooler Master for "reacting poorly" (read: they stopped sampling him review products)
>he says that Cooler Master can't take criticism or anything negative said about them
>*2 weeks later*
>gets so fucking butthurt and makes a dedicated video where he cries about the random people who downvoted HardwareCanucks clickbait garbage video (DITCHING RYZEN FOR INTEL XDDDDDD)

Is Steven Burke from GAMERS NEXUS the most fatty fat hypocrite in all of youtube? I think he should legit kill himself. So let me get this straight, he is allowed to take a dump on Cooler Master and tell them to "mature", but two weeks later, he is basically like a worse immature kid than Cooler Master where he does damage control like a fucking moron just because some of HardwareCancuks viewers saw through the click bait video and downvoted Dmitry's """""""video""""

what do you guys thing?

Attached: kill yourself steve.jpg (1792x1937, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=84LZyZsTiaA
youtube.com/user/ponchato
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brad Frost:
youtube.com/watch?v=84LZyZsTiaA

while i generally trust and appreciate their journalistic integrity his diatribes and "editorials" are getting so long winded and fucking stupid these days.

I bet all of the youtuber's are doing this on purpose, in order to increase drama and exposure of their channels, because more people will talk about it.

Steve knows that fanboys weren't the ones who downvoted Dmitry's clickbait video. It was regular people who are tired of all the clickbait shit...

But if Steve Burke from GAMERS NEXUS says that it was fanboys, regular people will say that it wasn't fanboys in the comment section, and that will increase engagement in the comment section, thus the video is more likely to be recommended in the side bar.

Think of it like trying to argument or have a discussion about a random topic with another person, where you lay out facts, evidence and real arguments, but Steve Burke from GAMERS NEXUS calls you an idiot and then says "i rest my case xD". You can't argue with someone like that, it's impossible to have a conversation with someone who just shouts ad hominem personal attacks at you, even you are coming with legit facts and arguments.

Steve Burke isn't this oblivious. He does it on purpose because he knows that the commenters can't have their voice heard. Steve is the one who makes the videos, he is the only person allowed to speak. It's like having a political debate, but you mute the mic of the opponent so he can't defend himself from the ad hominem bullshit.

first thing first

they arent tech youtubers
they are fucking company advertisers

Can't stand this fucker. Actually almost every tech youtuber is dogshit.

The only decent one is Tech Deals

Tech Deals is cringey, you're not supposed to openly complain all the time when companies don't send you a review sample of something.

"Treat people like animals for a long time, and they will start acting like animals"

Thanks Steve, because of you, I logged in with my YouTube account for the first time in 5 years to downvote your video (and HardwareCanucks aswell) because you said I was a blind fanboy and that I was stupid (even though I would've been just as furious if Dmitry did the clickbait shit against Intel instead).

Just think of all the trolls looking for easy response, they can just pretend to be a fanboy in the comment section and Steve from Gamer's Nexus will make a fucking 30 minute video about it kek

Attached: 1523360374822.jpg (599x480, 58K)

>long hair
>shitty forced facial hair
>reviews PC parts for a living
>is an autist
Why is this so surprising

Only tech YouTuber worth watching for PC hardware is RandomGamingHD. He's a good kid.

>they arent tech youtubers
>they are fucking company advertisers
Basically this.

I read reviews from non overtly biased review sites and first hand user experience on different forums. The information density in these videos is very low, most of what this is idiot is saying can be condensed into a single paragraph.

>complaining about guys providing objective benchmark data
Found your problem.

No Level1tech?

Is this /tv/?
fuck off with your ecelebs

/thread

AMDrones BTFO

If anyone should kill themselves it's definitely and without question you, op.

>youtube
fck off

AMDumbs on suicide watch. Don't forget to stabilize your state by running cinebench once every hour.

He lost any credibility he had on the meltdown video.
Went way over his head without knowing that he is wrong.

>Muh steve boogeyman
Hello Jow Forumsamd or mr. cooler master rep.

Just like Linus, he is entertaining when doing far out or extreme/niche stuff like DiY projects. But any reviews or editorials from him can and should be safely ignored.

You mentioned two channels. Is this guy on both of them or something?

GN is doing that because it gets more views, more subs, and more revenue. Just like linus' various channels, the point isn't to review stuff, the point is to make money.

>I bet all of the youtuber's are doing this on purpose, in order to increase drama and exposure of their channels, because more people will talk about it.
This.

>Thanks Steve, because of you, I logged in with my YouTube account for the first time in 5 years to downvote your video (and HardwareCanucks aswell)
Giving videos a thumbs down is more beneficial than not interacting at all.

No, seriously - it is better for search and suggested video rankings to receive a thumbs down than no vote at all.

Don't you ever, ever put GN and Linus at the same level in terms of actual review content. GN is one of maybe 3 channels I'm aware of that properly reviews components.

Source: I run my own channel. GN is literally one of my competitors.

Attached: 1489128479008.jpg (480x318, 24K)

There was some "beef" between those two.

>GN is one of maybe 3 channels I'm aware of that properly reviews components.
Not him, and haven't watched GN before, but what are your thoughts on Level1Techs? I haven't kept up with their videos in a while, but I really like their content. Wendell seems to put a lot of love into the motherboard reviews, highlighting things as he talks about them, discussing things like the PCH that aren't covered by the more normie channels, reviewing more enterprise stuff, etc.

Can you summarize it for me? If it sounds interesting I might watch whatever relevant videos also.

>Source: I run my own channel. GN is literally one of my competitors.
Uploading one shitpost video about Jow Forums one time does not make you a competitor

Why is this cunt even popular. He looks like he stinks like jezus christ get yourself together.

He seems to have bought into his own bullshit about being 'the voice of reason' on every subject there is. All his videos these days feature him smugly mugging into the camera after saying something he thinks is clever.

Attached: 2005.jpg (522x522, 178K)

I like their videos for the most part. They don't do a whole lot of "standard" components reviews anymore but they do cover some interesting stuff and their delivery isn't obnoxious and aimed at 12 year olds (cough, linus).

To be completely honest I barely follow other youtubers, mostly just to see reviews or educated opinions on things I don't have access to (Titan V, things like that). If I have a question about something, more often than not, I try to answer it myself.

youtube.com/user/ponchato

That's my channel. Believe me, I would love to just shitpost all day but it's so overdone people are tired of it. Legitimate reviews are more practically useful anyway, so I feel better about the content I produce.

Attached: pepe.png (600x600, 12K)

nice try RandomGamingHD

good goy

It generates clicks and ad revenue. Don't give him attention.

Always wondered.. is he muscular is it all/partially whale blubber?.
I can't see any sign of muscle fibers so it must be filled in fat, right?.

Attached: 1526620598940.jpg (710x594, 76K)

He is fat shit.
Look into his "mountain bike" videos

>If I call everyone a goy they will buy my crappy RGB gayman cases because I fit in le Jow Forums culture xDD you degenerate xDD

The only tech review youtuber I still watch is rocketjumpninja. The rest are make pretty pointless videos that don’t go more in-depth than what you can find in articles.

wouldn't you be proud that you pissed some company off because then it makes your reviews look more legit? In fact why take review samples at all?

Because people like getting free shit. It's the reason most of these tech """""journalists""""" get into it in the first place. They then proudly put all said free shit in the shot behind them so that you know how good they've got it.

At least there are a few places with some integrity like Rtings, who buy every TV they test and don't accept review samples.

Oi. Don't shit talk tech Jesus

Literally WHO?
Stop posting this dogshit, no one cares about your e-celebs aka paid shills.
Back to /v/ or Jow Forumsteenagers/, this is serious gentoo board.

Thanks for the info user, but i'll pass on the mountain bike videos of an oiled up whale with long hair trying physical activity.
Also, why do fat people pose as if they were fit/muscular guys?. The only thing they have going for them is sheer weight.
fat fucks need to know their place you know.
This long haired,glutenous oinker needs to tone it down with that alpha stance.

Attached: 1523267732147.jpg (706x709, 100K)

>jewtube drama
Spotted the redditfag.

... and there's the whole thing about most people don't have thousands/tens of thousands of dollars to dump into buying everything they review every year.

It's a practical complaint as well.

Bullshit. If you're making the kind of bank that most of these tech Youtubers are, you could afford to buy your own shit. Gaymans Nextass went out and bought a Titan V like it was nothing when Nvidia refused to send them a free one. They just don't want to, because it's better to spend all that sweet ad and Patreon money on non-business expenses.

>"tech" youtube
>e-celeb drama
Get the fuck out. You're a waste of board space, use the youtube comments to discuss your bullshit.
Stop being a blight on the board you retarded fuck.

>businesses trying to keep costs down
>"bullshit"
Do you think they do this for free?

would you not factor in the cost of having to buy the product yourself in order to give a non bullshit review when making a tech youtube channel?

No, because it's not standard procedure. Do you think Car and Driver buys every single car they test?

do they get to keep all the shit they get sent like tech reviewers do?

No, and tech reviewers often (not always) don't. It depends on the product and the company.

You are not wrong - it would be much better if a tech reviewer ONLY reviewed things they bought with their own money. No bias from getting a ton of free shit, or fear of losing that company as a source of free shit.

The problem is, you're then competing with other channels or websites that *do* get their review samples for free. You're spending thousands every month just to have a stream of new stuff to review, while everyone else is getting it for free, which would decimate your profit margin from a business standpoint.

Much more important than that, companies will often provide tech reviewers with components well before the official launch date, so they can release their reviews on launch day. If you choose to not accept review samples, then at minimum your reviews come out several days (if not a week+) after everyone who *did* get early review samples, which is a massive blow to viewership and therefore success as a reviewer.

well then you actually have to know your shit and offer people something they can't get from the 10 million new cpu reviews that all drop at the exact same time.

When's he buying that Mora rad?

>No, and tech reviewers often (not always) don't

well the massive stock pile of shit they have lying around would suggest otherwise. Also the fact that jayz2cents said he gets to keep all of it and just gives it to his friends.

wrong about what

he claimed meltdown affected ryzen cpus

Like I said, depends on the product and company. Also depends a lot on the reviewer.

Someone like Jayz or Linus will never accept a review sample "under the condition that you send it back to us" - they don't have time to deal with a condition like that, because companies are literally paying them thousands of dollars just to make one 4 minute video. Smaller reviewers often do get hit with "yeah we'll send you a review unit but you have to send it back when you're done".

Besides all that, if you're trying to get any legitimate review information from someone with more than about 300k subs, you're a retard. Every channel that big is either just an advertiser or falsifies their results to get early access from the big names (Intel, AMD, Nvidia).

were it so easy. The truth is, and no tech reviewer is going to tell you this, there is not a whole lot that goes into reviewing basically any component. There are a handful of metrics (literally, 7 or 8 benchmarks at most) that you need to fully compare any two CPUs or GPUs. Even fewer metrics for things like CPU coolers or storage or RAM.

Anything more in-depth than that is for the purpose of
>making longer videos
>appearing to be more thorough
>simple exercises in satisfying curiosity

ie the inner workings of AMD's SenseMI or Intel's TurboBoost aren't important to the average consumer, or to almost anyone. All that matters is final, real-world performance of the product. And (basically) every tech reviewer can provide that very easily - some of them fuck it up anyway, because they're retarded, but reviews, like RAM or hard drives or soap, are long since commoditized. There's little that differentiates any of them from the others.

Unironically this.
But I will still watch GN shit as it's more informative and neutral than most other shitubers when it comes to a review. The point of the video was to confirm that HW acceleration from the iGPU was worth, but then he added all that shit, which I didn't even pay attention to.
Also, who still gives likes/dislikes on every video, I will just like something like once a few months.

Everyone seems to suck at benchmarking comparing to linus who does it in good pace, fast.

That is some grade-A bait right there, you actually triggered me for a second.

Attached: 1520473274248.jpg (501x386, 71K)

>There's little that differentiates any of them from the others.

exactly what I said. Why bother competing with them in the first place?

Because, clearly, they can make money doing it.

>Jayz or Linus will never accept a review sample "under the condition that you send it back to us" - they don't have time to deal with a condition like that

what time? Just leave that shit at the door when you're done with it and have ups/usps/fedex pick it up.

ignored industry people and misinformed.
hell he even ignored the changes in the Linux kernel on the matter.

I stopped taking his advice seriously after the "lapping" video.

Jayz2cents is by far the worst of the popular tech youtubers. Lazy fuck with clickbait shit everywhere. Now he started doing the "tech experiments" literally aping LTT

He specifically aims for the young teen audience with silly faces and the jokes he makes.
Just waste of time to watch.

why?

Not that user but he didn't do any research on how to properly do it.

really? you want to take this to the track?

Attached: mpv-shot0014.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

eyy I was subbed already. Good vids dude, I appreciate your general lack of shilling.

if you watch this or care about it you're a moron so you deserve it.

in other words all of 2016's presidential debates except both sides tried the same tactic, just screaming and yelling until the burgers went to vote?

>I'm aware of that properly reviews components
...and who are you to trust?
>Source: I run my own channel.
Ohhh... so you have the knowledge to create a youtube account and upload videos.

He looks kind of like Chris Chan

good goy!

Thanks amigo!

>Ohhh... so you have the knowledge to create a youtube account and upload videos.
Yep, and benchmark components too. And I'm just speaking from a practical standpoint, GN does a good job (for the most part) of just showing straight up, real-world performance.

And, it's not in-your-face obnoxious stuff aimed at young teens which, to be completely fair, is by far the most profitable segment in this industry. Just look at how much money Linus and Jayz, for example, have to throw at everything they do. (ie )

>>makes a dedicated video where he taunts Cooler Master for "reacting poorly" (read: they stopped sampling him review products)
where is this video ?

Tech Deals recommends loud, hot, thermal throttling video cards because they're $20 less than good ones all the time. He does some good content but he'll make a 10-15 minute video where he only covers like 3 or 4 games in a comparison and draws conclusions from that. Fucking ridiculous.

>Makes FX-8320 system
>OCs it to high hell
>Running it ABOVE TJmax (61c or so on piledriver)
>Puts 1.5v+ through it on air
>WHY DID MY SYSTEM STOP WORKING?

This guy legitimately has no fucking clue what he's doing and it pisses me off. There's Paul's Hardware and Bitwit too, but as much as their youtube personalities put me off they also don't try nearly as hard to come off as hardcore OCers or experts.

GN is good at what they do. Sure they contradict some of their own advice but its just a guy who messes with hardware all day.

Best techtubers

AdoredTV
Hardware Unboxed
Gamers Nexus
LinusTechTips
TechEpiphany
Level1Techs

Worst

JaysTwoCents
Pauls Hardware
HardwareCanucks
Tek Syndicate

Attached: ThiCC.jpg (525x800, 55K)

Oh yea add RandomGamingHD to the best list
Add Bitwit to the worst list

I'll just disagree with you on Paul's Hardware being on the worst list. His videos are pleasant and easy to watch and he has no ego to speak of, so he doesn't fight with his audience like Jay.

Kyle can be very funny, some of his comedy skits are among the best in techtuberland. Too bad some of his other content is so cringeworthy.

Attached: checked-ok.jpg (400x300, 34K)

Techmoan is the only youtube guy worth watching, old tech is comfy af

Who the fuck cares. Subscribe and bell Level1Techs. Wendell is the truth.

itt: a bunch of buttblasted ayymd fanboys who hate the fact that someone switched off ryzen for something other than gayming.

>b-but muh productivity!

Attached: __tanaka_mamimi_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_shiny_colors_drawn_by_suien__6b58262e6c0446874d61006d88ca5 (836x1180, 1.47M)

>Putting Level1Techs and LinuxCuckTips on the same list

Attached: Enough.jpg (360x340, 21K)

literally who?

Wrong thread?

AMDrones still SEETHING.

what gave you that idea user?

Tech Deals likes to draw out his videos as long as possible, but other than yeah, he's pretty good, another good one is RandomGamingInHD.

linus is great for an overall picture they are not "hardcore" in terms of how in depth they go on products so for things like CPUs and GPUs they are not great but not bad. Other hardware is where they are great.
I consider them a good "unboxing" channel. Some people would say unbox therapy is a good tech channel but that would warrant the image you posted

Attached: wrongghost.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

I don't know how long Linus has been doing that for but he sounds like it's first day on the job. EVERY TIME.
besides I wouldn't trust a man with both ears pierced.

Maybe not in the same category, but what about Louis Rossman?

This dude Jayz2cents can't run Ryzen. unless he's doing it on purpose.

>best techtuber
>linustech
holy shit