Why do Macbooks struggle so much in demanding tasks compared to other laptops with the same specs?

Why do Macbooks struggle so much in demanding tasks compared to other laptops with the same specs?

Attached: render-speeds.jpg (1920x2160, 517K)

Because macbooks put thinness over cooling solutions. Worse cooling means lower CPU performance.

That's bullshit. I record at 96/24 with apogee and never have any issues with latency even with 8 tracks at once. Even editing 32 tracks or more. Something windows can't do

No cooling.

>anecdotal evidence
lol

Cram vital organs into a tight corset and somethings going to fail eventually

the amount of misinformed audiotards in Jow Forums IS scary

This is the difference, cooling at only the screen hinge is just not enough.

Attached: dell.jpg (1622x1080, 166K)

>mac
Found your problem.

thistbhfam

>Macbooks

Attached: 1515641011721.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Laptops aren't for doing demanding tasks and never were. There just isn't enough heat sink in the world.

The Dell® Precision™ Mobile Workstation doesn't have this problem.

Attached: 1497107450860.png (1297x708, 225K)

Those dell fans fail like once a year and then everything's on fire. Better get a good Dell support contract, too.

>fans fail like once a year and then everything's on fire
#JustAppleThings

Attached: 1504619090130.png (652x888, 111K)

I hate mac, but this isn't really their fault.

It's a fundamental problem with the battery chemistry, and the reason you don't see it on larger laptops is because the cylindrical cells they can get away with using are way more stable. Other "thin" laptops that use pack cells have this same issue.

Try telling an ultrahipster who wants a 1.5cm thick ultrabook that he either needs to accept a small chance he'll explode his balls, or he needs to plug a 4cm thick battery into his crapbook... he'll choose the ballsploding anyway.

These are the same people on Jow Forums who are so brainwashed that they truly believe removing the headphone jack from a phone is progress.

>render speed
>don't take quality in account
hmmmmmmmm

>defends mactintoys
>doesn't take the total lack of any kind of sane workflow into account

That trash is literally iMovie 2.0.

Attached: 1514849473640.png (592x499, 290K)

Uh....

I have a Blade Stealth hooked up to a cheap Yamaha 64 in mixer, and it has zero issues recording all channels into FL20. Full mixes are 150 some tracks with FX + instruments in.

Full transparency, I'm just a mix monkey who doesn't really know anything more than how to mix + some editing in FL20. Getting paid for it so idgaf. Probably missing something in relation to your comment.

My $700 thinkpad will destroy any macbook in literally everything

Not in emoji bar'ing.

Um... sweaty.

Attached: 1503702887159.png (646x294, 52K)

ouch, right in the Jow Forums

Im in market for new laptop, so i did a bit of research, thinkpad E580 has heat vent under display hindge and if you compare benchmarks to other i7 8th gen laptops with regular side vent, you can see that even cheaper laptops will outperform because of better thermals

What model do you have, im want to buy E580 with i7 rx 550 i know it has thermal problem but man 900 for top spec is no brainer for me

muckbooks are basically just tablets with a bigger screen and a keyboard. They use a fan the size of a pinhead and are built by lazy muslims

>E series
Into the trash it goes.

The only problem with Apple is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don't mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don't think of original ideas, and they don't bring much culture into their products.

Attached: 1503026051032.png (1104x500, 364K)

But for 900$ you get i7, rx550, ssd, hdd and aluminium lid(and reinforced wrist rest) just repaste and put thermal pads on gpu memory

Whoops its € not $