Computer literacy

Most schools now are teaching computer classes, and have been for a while. But it seems to me like they're only teaching half of what's necessary. How many times have you been with a normie friend and their computer takes 10 minutes to start because their desktop is cluttered and they have a million startup applications? Schools should be teaching basic computer maintenance as well as use, it's the other half of computer literacy that everyone forgets about.

also normie cringe thread

Attached: 1513012128712.jpg (1024x768, 489K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SlmgwHAXgB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah its too bad they teach programming without actually how to operate a computer. Its like teaching calculus without algrebra

>How many times have you been with a normie friend

>computer classes
>how to use a word processor

Attached: 1499952343686.png (498x710, 290K)

This board is proof computer literacy has gone down and not up. It's progressively gotten dumber over the years, especially as more and more /v/tards post over here.

This.
80% of Jow Forums is literally ayymd/intel fanboy wars, nvidia/amd fanboy wars, and appletoddler fruit toy circlejerking.

They should teach C & Bash in Linux Terminal, writing code with Nano&Vim

People use mac's because they think it's unhackable
What the hell did you expect?

God no
Linux is good because it's obscure, so only more knowledge people or people who like a challenge use it

You want another Lindows?

> Basic computer terminology
RAM, CPU, digital vs. analog
> Intro to BASIC
> How viruses infect computers and how to prevent them

There are just as many if not more competent computer users today as there were in the past. It's just that today 90% of people own and use a computer as opposed to in like 1990 when 90% did not. Do you think there were somehow fewer computer illiterates back then?

I consistently have 35~ filtered threads because of this, and the catalog is still full of braindead fucking retard crossposters shitposting about dumb bullshit with shitty reddit meme images. There's no fucking way these shitty brainlet wojak and frogposter meme threads are contributing anything to the board. ">he uses intel" isn't a real fucking thread title you dumb fucking cunt moderators. Posting this shit should be a bannable fucking offence.

What about gentoo thinkpads?
You clearly don't Jow Forums

>how to fix computer classes
>tell students to build their own shit
>use ublock origin
thats it

>Schools should be teaching basic computer maintenance as well as use
Then they'd teach you how to use windows clean up tool and how to backup to onedrive.

Education is more about jumping through hoops to show that you are capable, it's not as much about learning.ยจ
Furthermore it education is driven by businesses. Most teachers know nothing about what's currently viable in computing. The schools purchase material and no one has the incentive to produce the kind of material needed.

This is why basic computer classes teach you to use MS office 2010, programming classes drill you on syntax but never teaches you how to make bash or python scripts to make your life easier. More advanced classes will teach you how to make a c# "web application" in visual studio but not how to deploy it to a IIS web server.

>Linux is good
assuming you meant GNU/Linux
Linux kernel is good
GNU is a massive pile of shit, that needs to be burned down and started anew from scratch.

The advice they could give on that goes out of date rapidly and would involve state funded programs (schools) discouraging use of certain open market products. It'd be extremely unpopular and they'd probably be giving you the wrong advice.
>pic
This would never happen.
They're too slow compared to pick and place and they'd go in the oven with the board because they don't have time to get off.
What's up with them having school uniforms? Shouldn't they be wearing overalls at least?

my dad threw out a pretty decent asus laptop because he got a virus

I'm talking about teaching people to cleanup their pc so it doesn't slow down, and teaching Common Sense 2010 antivirus

GNU isn't even on most distros
Gnome, KDE and othe shit exist

I bet you're a retarded mactoddler

The future is brown and computer illiterate. Deal with it whiteboi.

So, tell them to use Linux?
Tell them to never update windows when a new release is coming up?
There's no actual good general advice and it's all very specific to circumstance.

youtu.be/SlmgwHAXgB4
Fucking idiot

While laptops were almost non existant in the 90s, every household had a desktop PC in their living room. All my friends and relatives did. I remember how exiting it was as a Kid, when you visited someone and they had decent games like Lucas Arts adventures or Commander Keen instead of just fucking Minesweeper and Solitaire. Also, about half of my classmates had a C64 or an Amiga 500.

>don't have a gorillion startup programs
>regularly delete files you don't need
>uninstall unused applications
>check RAM usage
it's okay to be a retard

This

Plan 9 is much more minimal than GNU

Attached: 1526884151594.png (1126x10000, 1.45M)

Among C libraries

Musl is more minimal and lightweight than Glibc

Stallman's GNU Glibc is bloated

Alpine Linux uses Musl.
Void Linux also supports Musl optionally.

Nice bait. You can't possibly be this retarded in real life.

>been with a normie friend and their computer takes 10 minutes to start because their desktop is cluttered and they have a million startup applications

2008 called, they want their problems back.

We in the age of smartphones; applications and computers don't exist anymore except in incels' basements.

Everyone I've ever met has a laptop, underage banned

weak bait

TEACHER HERE.

From September, I got IT classes to teach 10-11 year olds.

Give me some things I could teach them!

You underage brainlets will grow retarded.

PCs/laptops are required in
College, Programming, Companies & PC-GayMen

Without PC/laptops your shitty phones apps can't be made

Teach them that the holocaust never happened but it should have.

Brain.exe

Diagnosing common computer issues
Freeing up disk space (e.g., uninstalling unused programs and applications, deleting old files, clearing caches)
Organization
Common Sense 2012 anti-virus suite

Okay now this HAS to be bait...

Show them how to install Gentoo

>Common Sense 2012
>not 2019 Insider's Preview
Enjoy getting duped by the Ayyluminaughty posing as "GDPR-Compliant" honeypots

fucking this
they even tried to push some computer license you have to pay for in my school back then.
like 7 modules and each costs 10 bucks.
literally just make a word document look like the example, enter a formula in excel, how to create a folder and crap like that
and the worst part was, about 10% bought into this scam

>posting on Jow Forums about how memes make you angry

Attached: 99999999999.jpg (300x750, 49K)