Google Translate app just asked me if they could keep the images I've been translating

>Google Translate app just asked me if they could keep the images I've been translating

Holy fuck, thank you EU. The fact that they're asking me now means that that they've been doing this before without notifying us.

Attached: google-home-page-ss-1920.jpg (1920x1080, 750K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsuite.google.com/pricing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>didn't expect this
If the service is free, you are the product.

>I've been translating
Mine asks only about the future ones.

I hate this phrase and faggots repeating it.

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-164134.png (1080x1920, 1.17M)

>I hate this phrase and faggots repeating it.
It's true, though.

>I hate this phrase and faggots repeating it.
Is it because you are in denial?

I'm okay with that, I don't want to pay shit.

>It's true, though.
In what way, exactly? How are _you_ the product? Have you been manufactured in any way, are you being sold?

>Is it because you are in denial?
No, because it's a stupid fucking phrase and I don't think even the ones regurgitating understand it.

Can I disable it, If not then I need an alternative.

>he doesn't get it

Attached: IMG_20180517_105221~2.jpg (358x185, 8K)

So you are the product when you use a free software?

EU, fuck you, I don't like clicking 'YES, I ACCEPT' every time I do shit.

we are the product when we use GNU, fuck GNU/Linux

Kill yourself.

yet you gladly accept Tyrone's BBC

Attached: 1504220481194.gif (659x564, 504K)

Going for that logic, open source programs make you be the product as well.

That explains why Linux is so shit and buggy then

Utterly rekt and destroyed. Freeturds btfo.

are you this dense or just being a cunt

I'm perfectly serious.
I really hate some common phrases that make no God damned sense but are repeated by numerous people without a second thought.

t. butthurt product

Attached: 1504236416029.png (629x635, 15K)

It is an easily distributed packaging of a more complex idea.

Your activity within and outside the app/page, everything you upload, everything you submit, everything they have access to on your phone - your contacts, what you have installed, where you are, everything will be chopped up, 'anonymized' (not anonymous), and sold for the ultimate purpose of manipulating you.

You should write an "app" that automatically accepts all these new EULAs and whatnot. You can call it jfmsu. You can have a website at jfmsu.io.

>Your activity within and outside the app/page, everything you upload, everything you submit, everything they have access to on your phone - your contacts, what you have installed, where you are, everything will be chopped up, 'anonymized' (not anonymous), and sold for the ultimate purpose of
Profit.
>manipulating you.
Let's suppose this is true. How does this make me a product?

what

Even if we assume that all you said is true and that end goal is manipulation, how does that make me a product?

>and sold

>and sold
That may arguably make my data a product.
Once again, how does that make me a product?

dense cunt

>that 33 year old boomer that is arguing semantics

Attached: 33 year old boomer.jpg (380x349, 30K)

Jow Forums hates the GDPR for some reason, but it's a ambivalent thought really. Because simultaneously people are spouting stuff about the botnet and surveillance.

Feels weird man.

When they say "you are the product" they mean your data is the product, which they sell to advertisers and merchants.

>Jow Forums hates the GDPR for some reason
i'm entirely convinced the people hating on the GDPR are all jealous non-europeans or lazy webdevs/admins

Attached: fox grapes.jpg (180x281, 10K)

That's fine. I am OK with giving them my data in exchange for the services provided. Why does the nanny EU have to step in and say this is illegal?

I was exactly where you were earlier today and i thought to myself that maybe i should think about it a little bit more and the more i thought about it the more true it was. Your data is being put into statistics that are being sold to agencies and companies, free apps also have ads on them so business owners can pay the app owner for more people to see their bad products. Thats how this whole thing works, so yeah when you think about it, in this case. You are the Product. Also some apps are trying to use your habits against you some will even create new Habits for their own profit like video games and cigarettes.

Attached: 1507836812211.png (679x427, 10K)

>I am OK with giving them my data in exchange for the services provided.
then you are free to give consent.
>Why does the nanny EU have to step in and say this is illegal?
it isn't illegal to sell your data. what is illegal is doing so without your consent. are you stupid?

It's almost like Jow Forums isn't one person.

You guys are retarded. How else are they gonna improve their tech with out your help. Stop being so selfish. Its a free service.

You are giving consent by using the service. If you don't want to give consent, then don't use it.
GDPR makes it illegal to put services behind giving consent. Facebook has to offer the same thing to those who consent to give their data and those who don't. So the only recourse is to just block everyone from the EU.

That kind of logic is too complicated for the Brit to understand

>Facebook has to offer the same thing to those who consent to give their data and those who don't.
i fail to see how this is a bad thing for the users, corporate shill.

>So the only recourse is to just block everyone from the EU.
and lose like 30% of their income?

> They say A, but mean B, user
Well, say fucking B then!
Except even that is not true for many things, such as promotional give-aways.

It's just an incorrect statement that everyone likes to repeat for some reason.

>sell product for $5
>new EU law says that charging for products is bad, and you have to give people a choice of whether to pay or not
>be forced to give away product for free
Do you see how retarded this is?

>tfw google thinks i'm worth something
aww :3

why would aanyone go on the internet to pretend to be retarded

> data is being put into statistics that are being sold to agencies and companies
True.
>free apps also have ads on them
False in a lot of cases.
>pay the app owner for more people to see their bad products
This means ads are the product. Your data is not even a part of an ad.
>You are the Product.
Why?
>Also some apps are trying to use your habits against you some will even create new Habits for their own profit like video games and cigarettes.
In that case "video games and cigarettes" are the product and not you.

adderall, autism, or both

Based EU.

cool strawman you've got there
next up: slippery slope

You are the product that is u provide service to google by selling ur data

>u provide service to google
Products don't provide service, they are being traded.
If I provide a service, I'm a service provider.

And since I provide it for free, by your logic Google is my product.

Service is also a product

The last part is also correct
That is why during interviews u are told to sell ur self and the company sells itself to you; Its your choice to be in the market

Attached: ZomboMeme 25052018221101.jpg (517x367, 45K)

>Service is also a product
True. My phrase was "Products don't provide service". Service is provided by service provider. Therefore I am not a product but a service provider. I provide a product. I can not be a product being provided, while I provide said product at the same time.

>The last part is also correct
In that case everyone and everything is the product of everyone and everything, which is clearly not the case.

>That is why during interviews u are told to sell ur self
Do you imply that you literally sell yourself to the company and company literally sells itself to you? Guess I'll go and buy a couple of businesses for the whopping price of fuck all.

>jealous non-europeans
Lot of it seems to be "something, something, GUBMENT!"

>there is no "muh" or his product
The goods and services are traded on the market and if google doesnt pay you ,why so autistic

I honestly don't understand your message.

>Do you imply that you literally sell yourself to the company and company literally sells itself to you? Guess I'll go and buy a couple of businesses for the whopping price of fuck all

You agree on a fee for your mutually beneficial agreement

Same for Google products, you do agree on terms and conditions (which i agree are not very clear) and the fee (which is none)

If you do not want to agree on that, use a different service not force the other one through your government

>You agree on a fee for your mutually beneficial agreement
>Same for Google products, you do agree on terms and conditions (which i agree are not very clear) and the fee (which is none)
>If you do not want to agree on that, use a different service not force the other one through your government
And we are back to square one. How does any of this make me a product?

if it's free, you're the product being sold.

Attached: pigs talking about the free model i'm just posting this to make that one guy even more upset lm (410x492, 42K)

So if I pay to use Google cloud apps, does this negate the botnet-ness?

gsuite.google.com/pricing.html

Attached: Product-GSuite.png?fit=600%2C600&ssl=1.png (600x600, 20K)

They always did. At least last year they did too.

This is cringeworthy as hell. Sounds like tipping your fedora with euphoria

Why did they remove the screen translate when they switched from now to assistant?

ameritards hate the GDPR as much as they hate net neutrality

but then we're not the ones living in a shithole where data caps and slow connections are a thing

>Products don't provide service
But a waifu bot which is a product provides a product ( service )

You are just a goyim(product/machine) at the hands of alphajew. Just submit

>But a waifu bot which is a product provides a product ( service )
Not really. Any transactions end after you purchase the bot. Services are included as part of the product.

Also, even the bot doesn't provide itself, but additional services, so it's not a good analogy even then.

Its you as a consumer or service provider that is offered in the market.
If you think, "you" means anything else in a business sense, i cant help you

>as a consumer or service provider that is offered
And neither of those 2 are a product. That's my point.

Well i just gave u the waifu bot example. Most machines are products that provide service (not whether they are charged or not). So products provide service and you are one

>So products provide service and you are one
The product in question is
1. Manufactured and sold, while you are neither
2. Doesn't not provide "itself" (you) as a service or sub-product, but additional services that are included by the manufacturer. Once again, that does not apply to you.

So yeah, still not a product. I would argue that your data might be a product, but that's it.

This.