What is the best method to spread thermal paste? The dot method? the spread method? the X...

What is the best method to spread thermal paste? The dot method? the spread method? the X? Linespreadfags need not apply as your method is obviously terrible

Attached: 1105_applying-thermal-paste-to-cpu[1].jpg (600x446, 127K)

>2018
>thermal paste

It literally doesn't matter so long as you put enough

I always went with dot, never had a single overheating issue in my life.

I always use dot method. Spreading is annoying and messy.

Just squirt the whole tube on it and put the heatsink on tightly to spread it.

Apparently, the "X" is the best way to do it.

Attached: X is good lul.png (853x392, 730K)

Single line under the Ryzen text from R to E. That makes sure that the whole silicon under the IHS gets covered

I put a drop in the center and used an old credit card to spread a thin layer to the edges. That always worked and didn't risk gaps.

Hello Pajeet

Thin full spread with a small piece of plastic.
Everything else is a meme and not worth considering.

is this loss

You need to let the heatsing spread it, the cpu cooler gets really tight nearly bending the motherboard so it will spread everything. If you spread it before you put the cooler it can create air bubles.

The MSI way

webm related obviously

Attached: 1526412471019.webm (540x540, 392K)

Attached: paste.jpg (492x490, 45K)

who made this

Square with dot in middle.

dot if you can lay the heatsink down perfectly vertically but x if not.

>mayonnaise

that sounds lewd

That sounds like a terrible idea

I draw a small swatika

Dot is good. Really any method is good enough so long as you have coverage over the die and no spilling over the edges of the heatspreader. X and line method will often lead to too much thermal paste used for regular processors, but works well in cases like Spread method used to be seen as bad because it creates air pockets, but most mounting methods provide enough pressure to spread the compound evenly, however the spread method may also lead to spilling past the heatspreader.

this