People recommend Samsung for new SSDs

>people recommend Samsung for new SSDs
>do some research
>apparently pic relate is both faster AND cheaper than Samsung's new Evo drives

Have I been memed? If I can get the WD Black 500 for $10 cheaper than the 970 Evo, is it just a no brainer?

Attached: wd black 500.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250085
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250098
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean, you're not going to be able to tell the difference anyway.

I have the supposedly slower last year model of the WD, and it's still blazing fast. You can find that one for $80/150 for 256/512 from Amazon or Newegg, while the newer ones from both Samsung and WD seem to be $110/200.

Where you buy that man? Anyway yeah just buy the cheapest but be aware that NVME uses pcie lanes instead of sata ports so check your mobo and setup to see if they're free.

Samsung drives will last longer though
at least their nvme drives will

Do we know that? Both have 5 year warranty

Yes I had to buy one of these for my thinkpad because the sata connection doesnt even work anymore. Havent really noticed much difference though

wd uses shit tier planar memory chips. so god no

very tempting
$149 MSRP on Newegg for 512GB
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250085

It's cheaper alright but not faster, only just equal to 970 at best

Attached: wd_marginally_slower.png (1002x445, 136K)

Due to amazing game design, I have to quit and restart a game multiple times every session. I want to cut that time down, since it takes too fucking long. This is what these fast SSDs were made for, right? Right now I have a SATA SSD, and it's taking a long time.

No I think your CPU becomes the bottleneck at those speeds. Don't think you'll notice any increase in loading times.

its cheaper alright but i never doubt samsung

That's the previous generation.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250098

Convince me not to buy Kingston's SSD Plus models despite them costing .3 dollars/gb

pretty sure the loading time difference for games between 500MB/s sata and 3500MB/s nvme is like 5-10% IIRC

Kingston tries to scam everyone once by sending review units which perform better than retail units

I got the Samsung one but for some reason my bootup is slow as fuck.
It was super fast when I first put it in as boot drive, but after a week or so it's now really slow.

Windows 10?

Depends on how much RAM you have. Windows caches recently used stuff.

Apple MacBook doesn't have this problem.

What if I just buy a small one to use as swap? It wouldn't get thrashed out too often and if it's cheap I wouldn't mind wearing it out.

At the speed you get with NVMe you're really not going to notice the difference between samsung and WD. Just buy the cheaper of the two and make sure it comes with a good warranty.

Nah. There's barely a difference in games. You see a difference when copying large files, but you won't notice a difference with games. Save your money and get a SATA SSD.

Attached: time-load-mordor.gif (480x336, 9K)

depends on the game user

Attached: finalfantasty14-game-load-time.png (732x554, 20K)

Are these drives the future of the SSD? I'm thinking on future builds of just having two large sized NVMe's for OS and games and a large HD for storage.

You are using a MBR/CSM install with a M2 SSD, reinstall windows in GPT mode.

Ya

>but you won't notice a difference with games.
Just like you won't see a difference between HDDs and SSDs with games, right?

Are you on 1803 update?

1 or 2 seconds isn't noticeable, 15 to 30 seconds is.

The time it takes to make a thread about it isn't even worth $10. Do you not have a job?

1709 update