Don't get the job because of the "huge gap" in my work history

>don't get the job because of the "huge gap" in my work history
why the fuck do they do this?
im better than the codemonkeys they hire out of school dammit

Attached: giphy.gif (500x270, 490K)

posting anime and you think it's the gap

>have four solid years of work experience in IT starting right out of highschool, as well as two certs
>spend two years taking classes, coasting off savings for a bit
>decide to take a break for a year and work before finishing the second half of my degree
>find a company looking to take on somebody for one year
>apply
>interview goes well, plenty of banter back and forth with the interviewer, nailed pretty much every question
>at the very end of the interview he tells me I'll definitely be hearing from them and asks me if my "current" employer knows that I'm applying for the position
>point out on my resume where it says that I quit two years ago
>guy's attitude immediately changes, in spite of the fact that I'm still more than qualified for the job
>call them back the next day, goes to voicemail, leave a message
>hear absolutely nothing for a week, call them again
>turns out they were looking for somebody with "more current" experience, so they hired some chump with less than a year's work under his belt and no certifications at all
absolute fucking bullshit I tell you

Attached: timefordeath.jpg (192x196, 17K)

Just lie.

go to india

This desu.

Seriously. Go make a single friend and claim them as an employer. It's better than nothing. If you can't manage that what are you going to do at a job?

>im better than the codemonkeys they hire out of school dammit
"We'd like to believe you, but the fact that you post anime on a frogboard tells us you are lying."
Seriously,

>didn't lie
You fucked up user.

Uhm, nothing stops you from contributing to the free open source movement

I did a bachelor degree.
Then did a master degree, which I failed.
During my studies I did some freelance work and started a small business.

My resume just says I have a bachelor degree and worked for someone else. That's what the employers want to hear.

>work on hobby software projects
>show them off, this is what I did in this year

Dunning-kruger

That may be what they tell you, but it's actually because you come off as an unlikable autist in the interview. Also you're ungroomed and smell bad.

>Freelance and personal projects.
And then you show them the stuff you did. You did do something valuable with your time, right user? You didn't just lie around doing nothing did you?

If someone tells you they're not employing you because of a 'gap in your employment' it's actually because you're shit at interviewing and they need an excuse. get good

Once you start you seeing the connection between certain defense mechanisms and certain types of people, this effect becomes pretty obvious.

Attached: owned at life.jpg (492x600, 104K)

I just lie lol.

How big a gap are we talking about?

We hired a guy like that and he worked one day and quit

Maybe don't be shit

I was able to get a sysadmin job with a 2 year work gap

Literally told my employer I had family issues among other things

They didn't care and hired me anyways

If you think it's the gap, it's actually that your experience, resume, or interviewing skills sucked ass (or all of the above)

it's 2 things
>they're afraid you're some forest ogre
>they think you were in prison
Wash your hair, dress nice and say that you took a vacation or didn't need to work because inheritance or whatever was the case and literally no one will care.

Attached: 1527272039452.jpg (598x605, 50K)

should've just put "self employed" for that period